Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:45am

Hard to even think about the game on Sunday Cry

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:49am
Originally posted by triggs1993 triggs1993 wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

were going to be tanked in this, morale at an all time low but i do agree these last 4 NL games should be used to rebuild. Big Issue is relagation to league C but is that a bad thing with us relying on underage talent ?

Morale isn't at an all time low though. Tonight was a kick in the nags but it was a platform to build on. Kenny gets a full week with the team now too

its always going to be a lingering thought about not qualfying for the euros esp with us hosting 4 games. Lets hope its cancelled Wink

Sunday is the true start of the Kenny era, any player who feels they dont want to commit should retire from International duty

A couple shouldn’t be given the option! I’ll be disappointed if I see Brady in an Ireland shirt again!

Nonsense statement. Hes is worthy of his place in the squad. Who exactly would you have ahead of him?

All he does is slate all of our players - best off ignorning.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

were going to be tanked in this, morale at an all time low but i do agree these last 4 NL games should be used to rebuild. Big Issue is relagation to league C but is that a bad thing with us relying on underage talent ?

Morale isn't at an all time low though. Tonight was a kick in the nags but it was a platform to build on. Kenny gets a full week with the team now too

its always going to be a lingering thought about not qualfying for the euros esp with us hosting 4 games. Lets hope its cancelled Wink

Sunday is the true start of the Kenny era, any player who feels they dont want to commit should retire from International duty

A couple shouldn’t be given the option! I’ll be disappointed if I see Brady in an Ireland shirt again!

Nonsense statement. Hes is worthy of his place in the squad. Who exactly would you have ahead of him?

Brady was so poor last night that he should have been taken off, after being subbed on.

He hasnt had a good game in four years for Ireland. He doesnt play at club level. He hasnt played more than 20 games in a season since 2016/2017. Either through injury or poor form. 

His attitude, particularly around the qualification campaign for World Cup 2018 was nothing short of a disgrace, as he would turn in stinker after stinker and throw stops on the pitch. 

Even the likes of Ronan Curtis would offer more. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:59am
Some crap been spouted, Brady done well and was involved in McGoldricls chance when keeper tipped it over bar and also played a nice ball into O'Dowda when Browne hit post.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Brady was so poor last night that he should have been taken off, after being subbed on.

He hasnt had a good game in four years for Ireland. He doesnt play at club level. He hasnt played more than 20 games in a season since 2016/2017. Either through injury or poor form. 

His attitude, particularly around the qualification campaign for World Cup 2018 was nothing short of a disgrace, as he would turn in stinker after stinker and throw stops on the pitch. 

Even the likes of Ronan Curtis would offer more. 
Brady hasn't played on the left hand side in those four years and has also been blighted with injury. I cannot understand why so many managers continue to play him out of position. One of the best features of his game is his crossing, which is completely nullified by playing him through the middle or on the right. He often, inevitably, looks lost.

There was a case for taking him off, but he also had some moments, such as his involvement in Browne's chance, and he is our best set-piece taker still.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:09am
Have to try looking forward to this otherwise I'll keep thinking of last nights disappointment.
Might be hard to get the players motivated for this as well.
Would he rotate any of the players? Maybe Shane Long for McGoldrick?

If we played the same way as last night I'd be happy, just getting a goal I'd be happier. 
The dark side.. And the light
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:10am
The Tournament in Iceland many moons ago was used as a launch pad for the rest of the Jack reign.  He got his ideas across to the players and they were left in no doubt what was expected of them.  
I believe these few days will be crucial for team spirit and bonding the group and the manager etc.   it will also be used to ha e the odd player step in I don’t expect McCarthy to start bad I think Molumby Byrne and Browne will get starts over the next two games.  

This is the quiet tactical and other work that will be done behind the scenes to bring greater cohesion to the group that will hopefully will prove so valuable by the time of the WC qualifiers come along.  

Slovakia is parked and euros is parked. Kenny will move on now to getting performances and hopefully results ahead of the WC campaign. 
AKA pedantic kunt
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:18am

wondered when you would pop your head up. I’ll slate the ones that deserve it! Enlighten me in the qualities that I have been missing in Robbie.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:24am
Difficult to look forward to Sunday after last night and I'd imagine the players are the same.

Likely we might see a few changes, none of us want to be relegated to league c but its likely we'll experiment for the rest of the nations league I think, so that Kenny can find something that works for WC qualifying.

If we did go to league c there might be a few decent away trips (if we're allowed to go)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:37am
Am struggling to summon up any interest in this game. 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:11am
Very hard to have interest in this. Considering we don’t really score goals makes it harder. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:22am
For the very hard to care brigade - I gaurentee you'll all be on the bandwagon the next time we get to a major tournament. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
I'm eager for the match on Sunday.
Eager for all Ireland matches these days being honest.

Gutted after last night but were loads of positives and let's just build on that, starting by scoring a goal from play v Wales.
Big hope I know.

I am hoping we see a few changes and McCarthy will be a forced one.
I'd like to see Molumby, Idah and Connolly all start and will be surprised if at least two of those three don't start unless the two lads are stuck quarantining.

Maybe give O'Shea a run out also.
And Cullen.
And certainly Byrne.

Then again, these two matches are key for seeding so can't go mad at the same time.

Onwards and upwards, lads.

Edited by Fozz - 09 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:39am

For the very hard to care brigade - I gaurentee you'll all be on the bandwagon the next time we get to a major tournament. 
I’ve always thought that there are quite a few on here more interested in the piss up than what actually goes on in the pitch.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:46am

I’ve always thought that there are quite a few on here more interested in the piss up than what actually goes on in the pitch.

Loads of blanket statements flying around.
I've missed two competitive games in around 4 years due to being working on the other side of the world. And while there I was getting up in the middle of the night to watch all games.
And I'll still say that I'm struggling to get my interest up for Sunday after last night. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Loads of blanket statements flying around.
I've missed two competitive games in around 4 years due to being working on the other side of the world. And while there I was getting up in the middle of the night to watch all games.
And I'll still say that I'm struggling to get my interest up for Sunday after last night. 
Agree with this completely. Hard to have any interest in this. Might change a bit on Sunday but for the moment I don’t care.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:23pm
Connolly and Idah are out of the 2 games gone back to clubs in England. Makes scoring a goal even less likely. I assume Long will start up front, McGoldrick is probably wrecked after 120 minutes and we have a game Wednesday also.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
Shambles.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
  Share Topic