URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57591
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 1:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th
Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Subject: IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:17pm
Cant see a match thread for this....

The Kenny era starts in earnest on Sunday as far as I'm concerned. The previous two NL matches were used as preparation for tonight. He needs to use the next 4 to prepare for the world cup.

Given the shift the lads put jn there tonight and all the travelling involved, I'd suspect chances. Byrne should start along with Cullen for starters 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Replies:
Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:20pm
were going to be tanked in this, morale at an all time low but i do agree these last 4 NL games should be used to rebuild. Big Issue is relagation to league C but is that a bad thing with us relying on underage talent ?

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

were going to be tanked in this, morale at an all time low but i do agree these last 4 NL games should be used to rebuild. Big Issue is relagation to league C but is that a bad thing with us relying on underage talent ?

Morale isn't at an all time low though. Tonight was a kick in the nags but it was a platform to build on. Kenny gets a full week with the team now too

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:24pm
looking forward to it. Enjoyed the game in a lot of ways tonight but there was so much on the line it was so nerve wracking.

Wales will be a stronger side than Slovakia so let’s see if we can keep going.

Connolly will hopefully be able to get tested and cleared in advance 

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Morale isn't at an all time low though. Tonight was a kick in the nags but it was a platform to build on. Kenny gets a full week with the team now too

its always going to be a lingering thought about not qualfying for the euros esp with us hosting 4 games. Lets hope its cancelled Wink

Sunday is the true start of the Kenny era, any player who feels they dont want to commit should retire from International duty

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:44pm
Travers
Christie
Egan
Long
Williams
Browne
Molumby
Hendrick
O dowda
Idah
Connoly

-------------
Whacha gonna do

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:44pm

its always going to be a lingering thought about not qualfying for the euros esp with us hosting 4 games. Lets hope its cancelled Wink

Sunday is the true start of the Kenny era, any player who feels they dont want to commit should retire from International duty
A couple shouldn’t be given the option! I’ll be disappointed if I see Brady in an Ireland shirt again!

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

looking forward to it. Enjoyed the game in a lot of ways tonight but there was so much on the line it was so nerve wracking.

Wales will be a stronger side than Slovakia so let’s see if we can keep going.

Connolly will hopefully be able to get tested and cleared in advance 

Someone has to be I suppose 

Posted By: Fozz
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:49pm
I'm certainly looking forward to it.
Let's see some new faces and these games are free as far as I am concerned.
No panic if we are relegated to Group C.

Tonight was a watershed moment - we went away from home and played like we were a goal down when we weren't.
The result is heartbreaking for sure.

Good times are coming.

Posted By: triggs1993
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

A couple shouldn’t be given the option! I’ll be disappointed if I see Brady in an Ireland shirt again!
Nonsense statement. Hes is worthy of his place in the squad. Who exactly would you have ahead of him?

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:00am
Can hardly say I'm looking forward to it myself.   Apart from seeing how things are coming along but I can't see the players being up for this one.  I certainly am not.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:02am
Football with no fans is hard to watch at the minute especially kickabouts with nothing at stake like this NL sh*te on Sunday 3 days after a disappointing defeat 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:13am
So many good performances tonight but use the remaining Nations league games to breed in the younger players for the future and have them ready for the next campaign.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

So many good performances tonight but use the remaining Nations league games to breed in the younger players for the future and have them ready for the next campaign.
I'm not f**king watching that.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Green Man
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:20am
I agree that nations league 3 days after such disappointment, with no fans is not very appealing. Lets hope whoever lines out puts in a decent shift.

I would agree with previous post on Cullen and Byrne. Assume McCarthy be injured still. Connolly and Idah?

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

I agree that nations league 3 days after such disappointment, with no fans is not very appealing. Lets hope whoever lines out puts in a decent shift.

I would agree with previous post on Cullen and Byrne. Assume McCarthy be injured still. Connolly and Idah?

Life's way too short for anyone to summon up any enthusiasm for this one in an empty arena.

If ever a match wasn't needed...

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:25am
Or we could use the match as the turning point after a bad few years. Start Molumby, Cullen and Browne in midfield, Idah and Connolly alongside McGoldrick up top. Make a statement that it's time for change and the change starts here.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:45am
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Life's way too short for anyone to summon up any enthusiasm for this one in an empty arena.

If ever a match wasn't needed...
couldnt have put it better

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:45am

Hard to even think about the game on Sunday Cry

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:49am
Originally posted by triggs1993 triggs1993 wrote:

Nonsense statement. Hes is worthy of his place in the squad. Who exactly would you have ahead of him?

All he does is slate all of our players - best off ignorning.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Brady was so poor last night that he should have been taken off, after being subbed on.

He hasnt had a good game in four years for Ireland. He doesnt play at club level. He hasnt played more than 20 games in a season since 2016/2017. Either through injury or poor form. 

His attitude, particularly around the qualification campaign for World Cup 2018 was nothing short of a disgrace, as he would turn in stinker after stinker and throw stops on the pitch. 

Even the likes of Ronan Curtis would offer more. 

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:59am
Some crap been spouted, Brady done well and was involved in McGoldricls chance when keeper tipped it over bar and also played a nice ball into O'Dowda when Browne hit post.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Brady was so poor last night that he should have been taken off, after being subbed on.

He hasnt had a good game in four years for Ireland. He doesnt play at club level. He hasnt played more than 20 games in a season since 2016/2017. Either through injury or poor form. 

His attitude, particularly around the qualification campaign for World Cup 2018 was nothing short of a disgrace, as he would turn in stinker after stinker and throw stops on the pitch. 

Even the likes of Ronan Curtis would offer more. 
Brady hasn't played on the left hand side in those four years and has also been blighted with injury. I cannot understand why so many managers continue to play him out of position. One of the best features of his game is his crossing, which is completely nullified by playing him through the middle or on the right. He often, inevitably, looks lost.

There was a case for taking him off, but he also had some moments, such as his involvement in Browne's chance, and he is our best set-piece taker still.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:09am
Have to try looking forward to this otherwise I'll keep thinking of last nights disappointment.
Might be hard to get the players motivated for this as well.
Would he rotate any of the players? Maybe Shane Long for McGoldrick?

If we played the same way as last night I'd be happy, just getting a goal I'd be happier. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:10am
The Tournament in Iceland many moons ago was used as a launch pad for the rest of the Jack reign.  He got his ideas across to the players and they were left in no doubt what was expected of them.  
I believe these few days will be crucial for team spirit and bonding the group and the manager etc.   it will also be used to ha e the odd player step in I don’t expect McCarthy to start bad I think Molumby Byrne and Browne will get starts over the next two games.  

This is the quiet tactical and other work that will be done behind the scenes to bring greater cohesion to the group that will hopefully will prove so valuable by the time of the WC qualifiers come along.  

Slovakia is parked and euros is parked. Kenny will move on now to getting performances and hopefully results ahead of the WC campaign. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:18am

wondered when you would pop your head up. I’ll slate the ones that deserve it! Enlighten me in the qualities that I have been missing in Robbie.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:24am
Difficult to look forward to Sunday after last night and I'd imagine the players are the same.

Likely we might see a few changes, none of us want to be relegated to league c but its likely we'll experiment for the rest of the nations league I think, so that Kenny can find something that works for WC qualifying.

If we did go to league c there might be a few decent away trips (if we're allowed to go)

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:37am
Am struggling to summon up any interest in this game. 

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:11am
Very hard to have interest in this. Considering we don’t really score goals makes it harder. 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:22am
For the very hard to care brigade - I gaurentee you'll all be on the bandwagon the next time we get to a major tournament. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
I'm eager for the match on Sunday.
Eager for all Ireland matches these days being honest.

Gutted after last night but were loads of positives and let's just build on that, starting by scoring a goal from play v Wales.
Big hope I know.

I am hoping we see a few changes and McCarthy will be a forced one.
I'd like to see Molumby, Idah and Connolly all start and will be surprised if at least two of those three don't start unless the two lads are stuck quarantining.

Maybe give O'Shea a run out also.
And Cullen.
And certainly Byrne.

Then again, these two matches are key for seeding so can't go mad at the same time.

Onwards and upwards, lads.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:39am

For the very hard to care brigade - I gaurentee you'll all be on the bandwagon the next time we get to a major tournament. 
I’ve always thought that there are quite a few on here more interested in the piss up than what actually goes on in the pitch.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:46am

I’ve always thought that there are quite a few on here more interested in the piss up than what actually goes on in the pitch.

Loads of blanket statements flying around.
I've missed two competitive games in around 4 years due to being working on the other side of the world. And while there I was getting up in the middle of the night to watch all games.
And I'll still say that I'm struggling to get my interest up for Sunday after last night. 

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Loads of blanket statements flying around.
I've missed two competitive games in around 4 years due to being working on the other side of the world. And while there I was getting up in the middle of the night to watch all games.
And I'll still say that I'm struggling to get my interest up for Sunday after last night. 
Agree with this completely. Hard to have any interest in this. Might change a bit on Sunday but for the moment I don’t care.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:23pm
Connolly and Idah are out of the 2 games gone back to clubs in England. Makes scoring a goal even less likely. I assume Long will start up front, McGoldrick is probably wrecked after 120 minutes and we have a game Wednesday also.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:25pm
Shambles.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:34pm

Not just on here, I know of many personally. Their first love is a British football team that they've only seen live in person a handful of times in the last decade (if at all!). Their interest in the Irish Team is piqued every few years when we play one of the big boys or qualify for a major tournament, when they're more than happy to hop on the bandwagon. In meantime they bash us with their uneducated footballing views, not being able to comprehend the reasons why the Irish team don't play like Liverpool. Football is a netflix programme to these people. 

-------------

Posted By: Dots1982
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:55pm

Connolly and Idah are out of the 2 games gone back to clubs in England. Makes scoring a goal even less likely. I assume Long will start up front, McGoldrick is probably wrecked after 120 minutes and we have a game Wednesday also.

Ah balls, would like to see Mcgoldrick and jack Byrne play together. Long, bless him, is a has been. 

Posted By: Liam Green
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Ah balls, would like to see Mcgoldrick and jack Byrne play together. Long, bless him, is a has been. 
Ya It will be good to see Jack Byrne get a chance in the next week at the slightly higher level of the nations league some people think he’s not good enough for. The next two games should tell us something on that front . I think he can step up

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:09pm
Will they be replaced in the squad?
Maybe call Mick up from the 21's as they have plenty of forward cover and they can call on their own reserves (Scully and Cassidy to start).

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:13pm
Horgan and Maguire called up.

Not a fan of either player.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Will they be replaced in the squad?
Maybe call Mick up from the 21's as they have plenty of forward cover and they can call on their own reserves (Scully and Cassidy to start).

Yup press release just out, Horgan and Magurie

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:22pm

Would they not be constantly taking up similar positions?

-------------

Posted By: flaghunter
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 1:44pm
Wales look a good price at 7/4 to beat us - imagine they will have close to full strength out?

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Wales look a good price at 7/4 to beat us - imagine they will have close to full strength out?
 This is going to be a very difficult game for us .

-------------

Posted By: Rustybedsprings
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:07pm
Give the kids a run, all the match is good for, minutes in legs for cullen and odowda. 
Very poor timing having the semi final before these two, total anticlimax. 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm
If the 21s game against Italy does not go ahead then hopefully a few of the 21s players will get called up also 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:19pm

If the 21s game against Italy does not go ahead then hopefully a few of the 21s players will get called up also 
Is the game in doubt?

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

We have no chance with Kenny in charge.

Pochettino is available we should go for him.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

We have no chance with Kenny in charge.

Pochettino is available we should go for him.
Hummmm put your fishing pole away child Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Is the game in doubt?
Italians game today is off due to positive tests so there has to be a chance that the game on Tuesday might be off. 

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:47pm
Travers; Christie, Egan, Long, Williams; Molumby, Cullen, Browne; O'Dowda, Long, _____

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:51pm
Result isn't too important in this one, but I want to see us maintain some consistency in the starting eleven.

Our goalkeeping options are pretty poor outside of Randolph, so I would give Travers a game just to have a look at him, I wouldn't be handing out caps to players like Christie who won't get in ahead of Doherty, Coleman or O'Shea in the future. 

I presume that McGoldrick, McCarthy and Hourihane don't have the legs to start this game.

Hopefully see something like: Travers, Doherty, Duffy, Egan, Stevens, Cullen, Molumby, Hendrick, Brady (LW) Robinson (ST) O'Dowda (RW).

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Result isn't too important in this one, but I want to see us maintain some consistency in the starting eleven.

Our goalkeeping options are pretty poor outside of Randolph, so I would give Travers a game just to have a look at him, I wouldn't be handing out caps to players like Christie who won't get in ahead of Doherty, Coleman or O'Shea in the future. 

I presume that McGoldrick, McCarthy and Hourihane don't have the legs to start this game.

Hopefully see something like: Travers, Doherty, Duffy, Egan, Stevens, Cullen, Molumby, Hendrick, Brady (LW) Robinson (ST) O'Dowda (RW).
The result will have a direct impact on our ranking and therefore seeding for the world cup draw. 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:56pm

The result will have a direct impact on our ranking and therefore seeding for the world cup draw. 

I take it that our recent poor results have already more or less resigned us to the third pot.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 2:59pm
See a few calls here for Christie to startConfused unless the DOC is injured he should play.

I'd go with Randolph , DOC, Duffy, Egan, Stevens, Cullen, Molumby, Byrne, Robinson, McGoldrick, O'Dowda 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:03pm

See a few calls here for Christie to startConfused unless the DOC is injured he should play.

I'd go with Randolph , DOC, Duffy, Egan, Stevens, Cullen, Molumby, Byrne, Robinson, McGoldrick, O'Dowda 

Ehhh, maybe I off my head on this but I don’t think Christie would have played worst than Doherty vs slovakia. He’s an ok player. Doherty should step down for a game.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:03pm

I take it that our recent poor results have already more or less resigned us to the third pot.

No - Our draw last night combined with Romania losing has us back in the last Pot 2 position 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:04pm

No - Our draw last night combined with Romania losing has us back in the last Pot 2 position 

Apologies. 

I presume Kenny is aware of this as opposed to the likes of O'Neill and McCarthy not having a clue.

Would drawing our remaining three games give us any chance of remaining in Pot 2?

Posted By: amccarten313
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:10pm

i don't think doherty will play all 3 games so i think it makes more sense to put christie in for this one and go pretty much full strength for finland. agree with wanting to see cullen, molumby, COD start

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:11pm

Ehhh, maybe I off my head on this but I don’t think Christie would have played worst than Doherty vs slovakia. He’s an ok player. Doherty should step down for a game.

Oh FFS...Doherty had a decent game last night, particularly in the second half and extra time. He's an infinitely better player than Christie. Christie has done well for us in the past but he's an average championship player at best. If we're building to the future, were not going to learn anything by playing him.  DOC will be an important player for us over the next 5 years. Play him or one of the younger lads

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:20pm

Oh FFS...Doherty had a decent game last night, particularly in the second half and extra time. He's an infinitely better player than Christie. Christie has done well for us in the past but he's an average championship player at best. If we're building to the future, were not going to learn anything by playing him.  DOC will be an important player for us over the next 5 years. Play him or one of the younger lads

Ok hope I start to see it. Horgan and Maguire have been called in to the squad.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:23pm
I would stick more or less with same team with connolly in for mcclean, Molumby or Browne in for Mccarthy. 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm

Ok hope I start to see it. Horgan and Maguire have been called in to the squad.

I can see why he's brought them in but kindaunderwhelmed.

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:32pm

I would stick more or less with same team with connolly in for mcclean, Molumby or Browne in for Mccarthy. 

Connolly is out of the squad

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Connolly is out of the squad

Oh right I wasn't sure if they deffo out now. Busy day in work

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:08pm
I would rather James Collins than Maguire, better striker. I know most on here don't rate Collins though. I don't rate Maguire at all. Horgan is okay, but he probably won't get a game.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:12pm
I reckon James Collins must be one of the worst players to play for Ireland in a long long time.   Joe lapira level with a bit of Jonathan macken thrown in. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Dr. Pat
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm

Not just on here, I know of many personally. Their first love is a British football team that they've only seen live in person a handful of times in the last decade (if at all!). Their interest in the Irish Team is piqued every few years when we play one of the big boys or qualify for a major tournament, when they're more than happy to hop on the bandwagon. In meantime they bash us with their uneducated footballing views, not being able to comprehend the reasons why the Irish team don't play like Liverpool. Football is a netflix programme to these people. 

+1 

Happy for them to lose interest for awhile. 

-------------
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!

Posted By: Rustybedsprings
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm
Maguire has been proven to offer nothing, how many chances does he get, may as well have called up hogan or collins or tried pilkington again. horgan at best a place filler. Uninspiring to say the least.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:23pm
Who should he have called up instead 

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I reckon James Collins must be one of the worst players to play for Ireland in a long long time.   Joe lapira level with a bit of Jonathan macken thrown in. 

Gibberish as usual he's barely kicked a ball for us. Maguire is much worse, against Gibraltar he was embarrassing.

But we know what Collins crime is in your book, he's an Englishman. And Maguire scored a few in the LOI, gives him a free pass. Lets get Glen Crowe back while we're at it eh?

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:35pm

Gibberish as usual he's barely kicked a ball for us. Maguire is much worse, against Gibraltar he was embarrassing.

But we know what Collins crime is in your book, he's an Englishman. And Maguire scored a few in the LOI, gives him a free pass. Lets get Glen Crowe back while we're at it eh?

What the hell are you talking about.  We have had many great players who have been born in england who I loved for us McGrath Aldridge lawrenson Townsend hughton and in more recent time decent pros like Kilbane and Breen and McGoldrick Etc.  

Many of my mates from Ireland games were born in england.  So you are spouting absolute rubbish.   

I have seen Collins for ireland Luton and his technical ability for the level we are at is shocking.  If he was born in Cabra I would say the same.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:38pm

What the hell are you talking about.  We have had many great players who have been born in england who I loved for us McGrath Aldridge lawrenson Townsend hughton and in more recent time decent pros like Kilbane and Breen and McGoldrick Etc.  

Many of my mates from Ireland games were born in england.  So you are spouting absolute rubbish.   

I have seen Collins for ireland Luton and his technical ability for the level we are at is shocking.  If he was born in Cabra I would say the same.   

You are only slating Collins, because I praise Collins. If I said Collins was bad, you would be lauding him. You are only disagreeing with me for the sake of it, in attempt to wind me up.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:40pm
Collins would have finished some of those chance last night, I'm certain. He is a fox in the box, and a very good finisher even if limited in other areas.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:42pm
I do think Maguire gets a lot of unfair criticism and people have judged him a bit too much prematurely imo in that he isn't international class. Any of his finishes that I've seen in the Championship which is a decent level were excellent. 

I'd like to see him given a go under Kenny though he is down in the pecking order of strikers. 

International class or not he'd have buried Hourihane's sitter last night. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:43pm
Outside the injuries and under21 is there nobody else we could call up instead of Daryl Horgan??the depression is just getting worse🤦‍♂️

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:45pm

You are only slating Collins, because I praise Collins. If I said Collins was bad, you would be lauding him. You are only disagreeing with me for the sake of it, in attempt to wind me up.

Come on get a grip.  Paranoid?  I have even registered you as a poster in my mind.  I saw the post about Collins and I think he is brutal from what I have seen of him for club and country.   First you accuse me of being biased against English players and now it’s against you as a poster 😀😀😀😀

It’s a forum people disagree with each other and it’s not all about agendas or personal vendettas over football.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:52pm
I see Bulgaria have Covid issues too. Ivakov, Drykov and Chestikov ruled out for these upcoming games Smile

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:53pm

Come on get a grip.  Paranoid?  I have even registered you as a poster in my mind.  I saw the post about Collins and I think he is brutal from what I have seen of him for club and country.   First you accuse me of being biased against English players and now it’s against you as a poster 😀😀😀😀

It’s a forum people disagree with each other and it’s not all about agendas or personal vendettas over football.  

Fair enough, but I still think Collins is worthy of another go. We are not blessed with strikers, and the likes of Scott Hogan has even had more chances.

Posted By: OysterCatcher
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 4:53pm

Never a truer word spoken. Clap

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

I see Bulgaria have Covid issues too. Ivakov, Drykov and Chestikov ruled out for these upcoming games Smile

Not sure if that's necessarily good for us. Obviously if we beat Wales it would probably be better Bulgaria took points of Finland. 

Avoiding relegation is the first priority but I think it might be more in our interests if Bulgaria could take points off both Finland and Wales while we still technically have a shot at winning the group even if it's very unlikely. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not sure if that's necessarily good for us. Obviously if we beat Wales it would probably be better Bulgaria took points of Finland. 

Avoiding relegation is the first priority but I think it might be more in our interests if Bulgaria could take points off both Finland and Wales while we still technically have a shot at winning the group even if it's very unlikely. 
I was trying to lighten things up a bit here today as it’s gone very heated . If you read the post again it’s just a stupid joke I made up

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 5:33pm

I was trying to lighten things up a bit here today as it’s gone very heated . If you read the post again it’s just a stupid joke I made up

It's fairly cxxtish LOL but don't worry, it won't be the worst post of this thread in the days to come Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 5:52pm

He knows where the net is. Unless the rest of our players.

Even his goal scoring for record is decent.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:31pm

LOL Mon to f**k Muff.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:44pm

Wankov is also self isolating!

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL Mon to f**k Muff.

Didn't even notice the player names. Schoolboy error EmbarrassedLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm

Whoooosh!

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:01pm
I take it RTE/Virgin won't be showing this live. It'll be on Sky? 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:07pm

Baldrick recently lost the rights, or so I have been told.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:07pm

Wankov is also self isolating!

Djerkov and Tossov will be able to make a decent fist of it, surely?

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:11pm

Depends on the level, If someone scores loads of goals at a low level doesn’t mean they can do it at international level.  

If that’s the case we just call up the top scorer in the Loi every year 

Maguire scores 38 goals over two seasons so he knows where the net is too.  Point is that at a higher level you don’t get the chance or if you do it’s blocked or saved or you are under pressure.   Collins doesn’t have the ability to play for us. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Baldrick recently lost the rights, or so I have been told.

LOL  You are always picking on me.  You are probably going to get your mate trigger now to back you up.   

Edit edit edit 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm

Depends on the level, If someone scores loads of goals at a low level doesn’t mean they can do it at international level.  

Maguire scores 38 goals over two seasons so he knows where the net is too.  Point is that at a higher level you don’t get the chance or if you do it’s blocked or saved or you are under pressure.   Collins doesn’t have the ability to play for us. 

He has scored at every level he has played at, and he he's got a decent return of goals at these levels too.

Some return for one of the worst players to play for Ireland.

I'm not saying he should be called up either!

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 7:46pm

He has scored at every level he has played at, and he he's got a decent return of goals at these levels too.

Some return for one of the worst players to play for Ireland.

I'm not saying he should be called up either!

Well his level is league 1 and league 2 and there is many who have played for us at that level.  

He did ok last season in the championship with Luton.  His touch is shocking and lacks pace.  He is not up to the standard of playing for Ireland.   

There are loads of people who know where the net is but if you are playing at the level he has largely been plying his trade it is far easier to score than it is as international level.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:39pm
What time is KO ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

What time is KO ?

2pm, Sunday. 

Thankfully off-licences are open an hour and a half before that.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:01pm

What time is KO ?

2pm, Sunday. 

Thankfully off-licences are open an hour and a half before that.
LOL

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:11pm

What time is KO ?

2pm, Sunday. 

Thankfullfy off-licences are open an hour and a half before that.

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

Off to to the pub for me 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net