Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Holland 2001

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

They don't do Lansdowne roars like that anymore 
Van Gaal claimed after that his players couldnt hear him due to the noise. Nothing to do with him taking off two wingers who destroyed us and finished the game with 4 #9s on the pitch.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

anyone (worm Thumbs Up) got the match online anywhere we can download?
Just seen this, might just have the full match (in Dutch) somewhere at my parents' place...might just have a look next time I'm there, only for my aul pal Count Thumbs Up

Been hoping to find the RTE coverage as well
Took four years but here you are
https://openload.co/f/1q6-yviAMcc/1st_Half.avi
https://openload.co/f/hk_JNwWFHRA/2nd_Half.avi
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:03pm
Twas my 25th birthday and I was in St Petersburg. Spent the whole match trying to find somewhere showing it and eventually found somewhere after 88 mins (including nearly being run over on the 8 lane Nevsky Prospeckt when I got a text half way across from a guy at Slane saying Gary Kelly had been sent off).  Found a place finally, and watched the last 6 mins with some English lad and then had a swift 5 celebratory Russian pints. Then had to try to find my way back to my girlfriend (now wife) in a hotel in the St Petersburg suburbs whilst off my brain on 8% Russian beers (which involved briefly thinking I was about to be shot be a guy with a koleschnikov looking to rob my western phone!) Other than that pretty normal day...
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:29pm
Was at the U2 concert but have watched the match back a few times. Special night for us and took us to the WC.

We had some team back then compared to now. None of the current team would get into that XI.

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Was at the U2 concert but have watched the match back a few times. Special night for us and took us to the WC.

We had some team back then compared to now. None of the current team would get into that XI.

Some team indeed. Unbeaten in competitive games for 6 years at home I think. Mick McCarthy never lost a qualifier or Play Off game at Lansdowne Rd. That’s some record regardless of the team we had and we played some quality teams in those years. Yugoslavia, Croatia, Holland and Portugal and there’s probably one or two more tricky ones. For a country of our size that was some achievement.

Edited by bundy - 01 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm
Hopefully Mick's terrific home qualifier record will continue!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:25pm
We lost at home to Switzerland in Micks last game.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

We lost at home to Switzerland in Micks last game.

You’re right. Beaten 2-1 at Lansdowne I forgot Mick went after that I had it in my head he went after the Russia game. Still, one defeat in 6 years is some going! 

Edited by bundy - 01 Sep 2019 at 9:45pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Twas my 25th birthday and I was in St Petersburg. Spent the whole match trying to find somewhere showing it and eventually found somewhere after 88 mins (including nearly being run over on the 8 lane Nevsky Prospeckt when I got a text half way across from a guy at Slane saying Gary Kelly had been sent off).  Found a place finally, and watched the last 6 mins with some English lad and then had a swift 5 celebratory Russian pints. Then had to try to find my way back to my girlfriend (now wife) in a hotel in the St Petersburg suburbs whilst off my brain on 8% Russian beers (which involved briefly thinking I was about to be shot be a guy with a koleschnikov looking to rob my western phone!) Other than that pretty normal day...

Some day!

There have been some great home wins down through the years, but in my time of going, it would be hard to see past the Holland game and the more recent win over Germany.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
20 years ago today 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 1:38pm
It was Northern Ireland who stopped Holland from qualifying for 2002 according to one of the De Boer sisters in that Van Gaal documentary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic