Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=11632
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 2:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ireland v Holland 2001
Posted By: Sono
Subject: Ireland v Holland 2001
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:02am

I know it's a long shot but does anyone remember that game in 2001 in Lansdowne by any chance?

If so do ya have it on DVD?

Replies:
Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:06am
Nah dont remember it sorry

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:13am
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

I knew it was a long shot alright, cheers anyway Andy Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

LOL

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:14am

I would got battered for a sarcy comment like that!

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:22am
We play the Dutch that year?

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

We play the Dutch that year?

Not sure Steve, can you confirm this? Cheers Clap

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:47am

What was the score ?

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:50am
Just had a look on Wikipedia..apparently we won it by a goal from a certain Jason McAteer. Says here we should've won the away game aswell were it not for a lucky goal by them Dutsjies...LOL

-------------

Posted By: totti
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:05am

Just had a look on Wikipedia..apparently we won it by a goal from a certain Jason McAteer. Says here we should've won the away game aswell were it not for a lucky goal by them Dutsjies...LOL

I thought you were messin when you said you didn't know we played against them in 2001

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:06am
Originally posted by totti totti wrote:

I thought you were messin when you said you didn't know we played against them in 2001

i think he is messin totti!

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: McNulty
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:08am
Think I have it on videotape.. maybe someone more technical could convert to dvd! I was lucky enuf to be at the game - great day!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:19am
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

Originally posted by totti totti wrote:

Just messin lads. Thought it was funny the way Sono had said in his post; 'Does anyone remember this lads'
As this must be the match all of can still recall full-stop in a split second haha.

Any fan not knowing this match should be hung, drawn and quartered with a Union Jack wrapped around him! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:26am

I think u will find that Totti muppet is messing as well!

Steve - whats so funny? The reason I want the game on DVD is cos I have never seen it before, and dont tell me the result I dont wana know, dont ruin it for me Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:28am
Was an amazing day, but can you believe some "fans" (and they weren't Dutch) were leaving before the end?  It's true lads...........one of THE great results in our history, given the opposition and Gary Kelly's red card early in the 2nd half.  Clap

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:30am
Errrrrr had to get to the Dart before the rush ???????

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:33am
Best game I was ever at. But don't have it on DVD I'm afraid. Be hard to get your hands on a full copy unless from the FAI or something

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:34am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Best game I was ever at. But don't have it on DVD I'm afraid. Be hard to get your hands on a full copy unless from the FAI or something

Well finally someone responds to the point of the thread, doesnt often happen Andy but your post was relevant this time, just once mind! LOL

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:35am
sono i have 'The road to Asia' which goes through all games from 2002 qualifying campaign if thats any use? the 2 dutch matches feature on it..

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:37am

I think u will find that Totti muppet is messing as well!

Steve - whats so funny? The reason I want the game on DVD is cos I have never seen it before, and dont tell me the result I dont wana know, dont ruin it for me Thumbs%20Up
Sono, sorry to spoil the result there for ya bud...hate it when people teel you the score premature!

And only found the 'remember this' part funny. Fully agree with ya for trying to get this match on DVD. I'd love to have it myself even but afraid I don't have it for ya.
And can tell you one thing...They don't seem to be selling it here in Amsterdam. Strange that eh...WinkLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:39am

sono i have 'The road to Asia' which goes through all games from 2002 qualifying campaign if thats any use? the 2 dutch matches feature on it..

How long is that Gaz and is it on DVD? Top notch outta u pal! Clap

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:41am
its on DVD yeah and last bout an hour and a half or so..

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:43am

Good man Clap

Posted By: Babysis
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:46am

How long is that Gaz and is it on DVD? Top notch outta u pal! Clap

You have 2 copies now LOLI will tell NeilMcD to hold on to that one then as you have it nowBig%20smile

-------------
First Commander-Galway Regatta

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:48am
Oh is that the one u suggested as well Babysis? Sorry was not paying attention properly, my bad Embarrassed

Well whoever wants to bring it just sort it out!!!

Posted By: Babysis
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:50am

Oh is that the one u suggested as well Babysis? Sorry was not paying attention properly, my bad Embarrassed

Well whoever wants to bring it just sort it out!!!

Its not a bother if you can get it off Gazsh its probably easierSmile

-------------
First Commander-Galway Regatta

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:52am
Sono I have the whole rte coverage on video

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:54am
Originally posted by McNulty McNulty wrote:

Sono I have the whole rte coverage on video

Good man McNulty, anyone know how the fook to get it onto DVD?

Totti - IT nerd, can u sort this? Geek

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:59am
where's worm when u need him

scrap that i reckon the highlights of all the games will be better than a 90 minute match in full..

what do the rest of u think?

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 8:59am
Count's an IT nerd, he should know.

-------------

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:03am

where's worm when u need him

scrap that i reckon the highlights of all the games will be better than a 90 minute match in full..

what do the rest of u think?

Yeah highlights would defo be better!!

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:04am
highlights defo the way to go if possible...

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:05am
Right Gaz/Babysis if one of you wouldnt mind lending the DVD for the day?

Gaz it mite be easier if I got it off u and burned a copy and then fook it if it gets wrecked, that alright?

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:05am
highlights probly be better alright.. nice to see all the group games. Portugal at home was decent aswel!

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:06am
Highlights definitely Clap

Posted By: aidz
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:06am
I can copy a video to dvd.
Pm me if you want it done (wouldnt mind seeing it again, was there-special day!!).

-------------
You'll never beat the Irish

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:08am
Nice one Aidz, looks like these bunch of moany holes want the highlights,and to be fair I wouldnt mind seeing them myself! Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:14am

Good thinking.
Haven't seen that in years.
Gonna go watch it now

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:14am
I'll post it up to you aidz if you like?

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:18am
Highlights. Just put the whole Road to Korea on, get a good few cheers out of it

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 10:58am
Lansdowne was fookin heaving that day- my ma taped the games from the wc dont have the dutch qualifying game though

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:00am

Right Gaz/Babysis if one of you wouldnt mind lending the DVD for the day?

Gaz it mite be easier if I got it off u and burned a copy and then fook it if it gets wrecked, that alright?

no bother sono ill give u a buzz laterThumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:07am
By far the best match I've ever been to. We were in the North shoolboy and when we scored I lost a shoe and my mates jeans fell down, he couldnt get them back up till everyone stopped jumping around....which I think was about 20 minutes after full time! Never forget Status Quo Rockin all over the World played at the end and everyone belting it out. The green tee shirts handed out were a nice touch on the day..

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by MikeHunt MikeHunt wrote:

By far the best match I've ever been to. We were in the North shoolboy and when we scored I lost a shoe and my mates jeans fell down, he couldnt get them back up till everyone stopped jumping around....which I think was about 20 minutes after full time! Never forget Status Quo Rockin all over the World played at the end and everyone belting it out. The green tee shirts handed out were a nice touch on the day..

LOL classic Mike!

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by MikeHunt MikeHunt wrote:

Defo. Had my jersey but there were lots of men that day that just threw them over what they were wearing as i think they were a size large or XL. It didn't matter they didn't look the most fashionable cause it was a sey of green. Would be great if they could do similar again, Eircom is who I am looking at again, they are our sponsor so they should really be doing more. If Carlsberg or something were our sponsor I am sure they'd do something.

Also think it's up to Umbro or Eircom to get us one of those massive jerseys. Cost them a few grand but great advertisments for the companies

not a great quality Vid but the sea of green on the south terrace when McAteer scored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FO8U2aZMk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FO8U2aZMk

Posted By: aidz
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by McNulty McNulty wrote:

I'll post it up to you aidz if you like?
pm sent

-------------
You'll never beat the Irish

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 10:20am
would anyone kindly lend me the DVD of the game temporarily please?Smile

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 1:39pm
anyone (worm Thumbs Up) got the match online anywhere we can download?

-------------

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:01pm
A great recent upload on YouTube of the RTE panel at Pre/HT/FT of the great win over the dutch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atgkS8L6axk

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: KILCRUISE
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:09pm
Was at that game UNTIL THE END and it was a cracker up there with best best

-------------
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:18pm
The game was nothing like last week's win over Germany. The only reason the Netherlands had a hatful of chances in the second half is because we were down to 10 men (we had already drawn 2-2 in Amsterdam and should have won comfortably there).

The win over Germany was a bigger achievement given the amount of possession and chances they had.

Posted By: Gashley Grimes
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:37pm

U2 played Slane that night - Lansdowne was rocking at the end remember they played 'Elevation' over the tannoy- I thought the West Stand was going to collapse.

Although all downhill after that...Cry

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

The game was nothing like last week's win over Germany. The only reason the Netherlands had a hatful of chances in the second half is because we were down to 10 men (we had already drawn 2-2 in Amsterdam and should have won comfortably there).

The win over Germany was a bigger achievement given the amount of possession and chances they had.

Kluivert should have had two in the first half !!!

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

A great recent upload on YouTube of the RTE panel at Pre/HT/FT of the great win over the dutch. 

the adverts bring back some great memories LOL

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Ibaraki
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:46pm

Beating the Dutch wrapped up World Cup qualification. Only a formality of an Asian play off remained. I think that was a bigger achievement then the German game, which may yet end up achieving nothing. 

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Kluivert should have had two in the first half !!!

Ireland had chances too though : Robbie Keane had a great game and ran at the Dutch defence all day long, and the likes of Duff, Keane and McAteer put in a great shift in midfield.

Our memories of that game have been slightly coloured by the fact that we were down to 10 men for the last half hour and the Dutch ended up with four strikers on the pitch.

In terms of upsets though and being up against it, the Irish win over Germany was much more significant : the Germans totally dominated the first hour in terms of possession and chances, we hardly got a look in.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:29pm
Ah the Dutch were all over us long before Kelly got sent off. Kluivert should have scored after about 2 minutes, easy chance, rolled wide in slow motion. Zenden had another great chance in the first half were Given was about 15 yards off his line and Zenden was just outside the box and he passed it straight into Given's arms.

Right from the 1st minute the Dutch were on top.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:49pm
The Germans could afford to lose last week, the Dutch couldn't in this game. That's the difference. And at the end the tannoy played A Nation Once Again...not some U2 dirge.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:53pm
It's scary how time is flying by.  I remember it like it was yesterday :(

The 'Speed' theme for the intro and the Bulmers commericals at the breaks.

Jesus Brady, Giles, Dunphy and Van Gaal have changed.  As have ICry 

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The Germans could afford to lose last week, the Dutch couldn't in this game. That's the difference. And at the end the tannoy played A Nation Once Again...not some U2 dirge.

The game was more of a tall order for NL than people think, even a late equaliser wouldn't have gotten them into the play offs (final group table read Ireland 24 NL 20)

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 9:32pm

Giles saying he would have played Quinn and gone more direct as Holland better technically. Yet now thinks we should try play possession football with inferior players technically. Absolute bluffer.

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Giles saying he would have played Quinn and gone more direct as Holland better technically. Yet now thinks we should try play possession football with inferior players technically. Absolute bluffer.

Some of the comments made about the dutch players are priceless...especially those players that went on to have great careers - absolute spoofers in the studio LOL

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

U2 played Slane that night - Lansdowne was rocking at the end remember they played 'Elevation' over the tannoy- I thought the West Stand was going to collapse.

Picture says a thousand words, if you didn't know either of the opposition you'd swear Mick was an opposing manager, so much tension. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

Picture says a thousand words, if you didn't know either of the opposition you'd swear Mick was an opposing manager, so much tension. 

It doesn't in this case. If you watch the youtube clip on this thread you will see they are both facing each other when shaking hands. The pic above is the last split second of their interaction.

-------------

Posted By: theworm2345
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Just seen this, might just have the full match (in Dutch) somewhere at my parents' place...might just have a look next time I'm there, only for my aul pal Count Thumbs Up

Been hoping to find the RTE coverage as well

-------------
http://www.globalsportsarchive.com/competitions/soccer/" rel="nofollow - League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:33am
More appropriate bump

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

More appropriate bump
Just watched the goal again. Totes emosh.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 10:20am
The old Lansdowne Rd😍

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:24pm
18 focking years ago today!  That aint right Jeff.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:40pm
South Bucket temporary stand nearly fell apart after the goal went in.

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm
If I remember correctly, the whole South stand was more like a terrace from Jason's goal onwards. Nobody sitting. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced. 

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 1:23pm
They don't do Lansdowne roars like that anymore 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

They don't do Lansdowne roars like that anymore 
Van Gaal claimed after that his players couldnt hear him due to the noise. Nothing to do with him taking off two wingers who destroyed us and finished the game with 4 #9s on the pitch.

-------------

Posted By: theworm2345
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Just seen this, might just have the full match (in Dutch) somewhere at my parents' place...might just have a look next time I'm there, only for my aul pal Count Thumbs Up

Been hoping to find the RTE coverage as well
Took four years but here you are
https://openload.co/f/1q6-yviAMcc/1st_Half.avi
https://openload.co/f/hk_JNwWFHRA/2nd_Half.avi

-------------
http://www.globalsportsarchive.com/competitions/soccer/" rel="nofollow - League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI

Posted By: rebelbrowser
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:03pm
Twas my 25th birthday and I was in St Petersburg. Spent the whole match trying to find somewhere showing it and eventually found somewhere after 88 mins (including nearly being run over on the 8 lane Nevsky Prospeckt when I got a text half way across from a guy at Slane saying Gary Kelly had been sent off).  Found a place finally, and watched the last 6 mins with some English lad and then had a swift 5 celebratory Russian pints. Then had to try to find my way back to my girlfriend (now wife) in a hotel in the St Petersburg suburbs whilst off my brain on 8% Russian beers (which involved briefly thinking I was about to be shot be a guy with a koleschnikov looking to rob my western phone!) Other than that pretty normal day...

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:29pm
Was at the U2 concert but have watched the match back a few times. Special night for us and took us to the WC.

We had some team back then compared to now. None of the current team would get into that XI.

-------------

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Was at the U2 concert but have watched the match back a few times. Special night for us and took us to the WC.

We had some team back then compared to now. None of the current team would get into that XI.

Some team indeed. Unbeaten in competitive games for 6 years at home I think. Mick McCarthy never lost a qualifier or Play Off game at Lansdowne Rd. That’s some record regardless of the team we had and we played some quality teams in those years. Yugoslavia, Croatia, Holland and Portugal and there’s probably one or two more tricky ones. For a country of our size that was some achievement.

Posted By: The Tribesman
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm
Hopefully Mick's terrific home qualifier record will continue!

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:25pm
We lost at home to Switzerland in Micks last game.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: bundy
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

We lost at home to Switzerland in Micks last game.

You’re right. Beaten 2-1 at Lansdowne I forgot Mick went after that I had it in my head he went after the Russia game. Still, one defeat in 6 years is some going! 

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Twas my 25th birthday and I was in St Petersburg. Spent the whole match trying to find somewhere showing it and eventually found somewhere after 88 mins (including nearly being run over on the 8 lane Nevsky Prospeckt when I got a text half way across from a guy at Slane saying Gary Kelly had been sent off).  Found a place finally, and watched the last 6 mins with some English lad and then had a swift 5 celebratory Russian pints. Then had to try to find my way back to my girlfriend (now wife) in a hotel in the St Petersburg suburbs whilst off my brain on 8% Russian beers (which involved briefly thinking I was about to be shot be a guy with a koleschnikov looking to rob my western phone!) Other than that pretty normal day...

Some day!

There have been some great home wins down through the years, but in my time of going, it would be hard to see past the Holland game and the more recent win over Germany.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
20 years ago today 

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 1:38pm
It was Northern Ireland who stopped Holland from qualifying for 2002 according to one of the De Boer sisters in that Van Gaal documentary.

-------------
You know Spider, you're a f**kin' mumbling stuttering little f**k. You know that?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net