You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 47>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2023 at 5:47pm
Trent Kone Doherty won player of the tournament at the recent Super Cup tournament in Northern Ireland. The Liverpool team he captained in the final lost 3-0 to Hertha Berlin. The lad seems to be making great progress in his career.

Edited by greenshoots - 29 Jul 2023 at 5:48pm
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 12:07pm
Ferizaj opens his account on his Primavera 1 (U19) debut for Frosinone this morning
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:14pm

Ireland Under 19 squad out - one unfamiliar name (to me anyway) and a couple of notable absences (including one who is currently sitting on a Premier League bench, so he's definitely not injured anyway).

Edited by You Tell Me - 03 Sep 2023 at 2:17pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ireland Under 19 squad out - a couple of unfamiliar names (to me anyway) and a couple of notable absences (including one who is currently sitting on a Premier League bench, so he's definitely not injured anyway).

Olyott is a new one for me. Looks like he's from Liverpool and has been with Liverpool and Man City but is with Fulham now.

In terms of omissions, Zefi and Gallagher I think? Anyone else?

Strong squad. Doherty and Moore either side of O'Mahony sounds potent. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 03 Sep 2023 at 2:22pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:24pm
Zefi and Fraser the notable absences for me. Oisin Gallagher is a month overage if that's the Gallagher you were meaning.

Is it that strong a squad - I'm not sure? Bit of a mixed bag, have definitely seen stronger Ireland teams at this age group.

Edited by You Tell Me - 03 Sep 2023 at 2:25pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Ireland Under 19 squad out - a couple of unfamiliar names (to me anyway) and a couple of notable absences (including one who is currently sitting on a Premier League bench, so he's definitely not injured anyway).

Olyott is a new one for me. Looks like he's from Liverpool and has been with Liverpool and Man City but is with Fulham now.

E Kenny and 10 others
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:28pm
Fraser is not with the England-19's for this window anyway, so unless he's in the process of changing it's a really strange omission.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:30pm
Suspect there might be a rethink happening there... like Cannon he has played competitively for us at underage so if he goes that will be that. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:33pm

Suspect there might be a rethink happening there... like Cannon he has played competitively for us at underage so if he goes that will be that. 

If there is it's been kept quiet. Tbf to Mohan, it is a strong group of attackers available so it's possible he just prefers those picked, I'd have been including Fraser though if it were me.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:38pm
You always get some players who'll likely be there when the competitive games start left out for theses games. Gives the manager a chance to look at some players who've never been in a squad before.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:39pm
Delighted for Luke o ReganClap one of my ex players, very good right back and can fill in centre half. A great lad 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

You always get some players who'll likely be there when the competitive games start left out for theses games. Gives the manager a chance to look at some players who've never been in a squad before.

True, and you can't rule out that Wolves might have asked him to be held back as well, it's just friendlies and he's in and around their first team.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

E Kenny and 10 others
What are you on about?

11 E Kenny's.

Edited by Eoink21 - 03 Sep 2023 at 3:02pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:08pm

Zefi and Fraser the notable absences for me. Oisin Gallagher is a month overage if that's the Gallagher you were meaning.

Is it that strong a squad - I'm not sure? Bit of a mixed bag, have definitely seen stronger Ireland teams at this age group.

Thanks,  wasn't sure on Gallagher and didn't think of Fraser. Interesting points made here on that. 

Was having a look to see the standard on the English 19s side and Fraser is well capable of getting in there. 

I note they have called up a lad called Noel Buck who was born and bred and developed only in Massachusetts but has a father from England. Seems like the lad was a year too early for the US 20s and England have taken their chance. Interesting. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:13pm
Yes there is a part of me that thinks we should take a different stance at the age groups when it comes to English born players given the way they are actively recruiting these days. There's an argument for leaving them to England at the age groups and then bringing the better ones in later at senior level when they inevitably don't make the England senior team. Would stop them being ruled ineligible when they switch away after agent pressure etc.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:27pm

Thanks,  wasn't sure on Gallagher and didn't think of Fraser. Interesting points made here on that. 

Was having a look to see the standard on the English 19s side and Fraser is well capable of getting in there. 

I note they have called up a lad called Noel Buck who was born and bred and developed only in Massachusetts but has a father from England. Seems like the lad was a year too early for the US 20s and England have taken their chance. Interesting. 

Is he hardy?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Is he hardy?
Hes a brother of hardy
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 4:10pm
This might be the way. Even to just widen our talent pool with those spaces freed up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 47>
  Share Topic