You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How will the world be different post Covid 19?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:05pm
I can go forward
It would damage this forums' reputation
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I can go forward
Pity you would not go back LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:15pm
I hope that a lot of people who think it’s all right to clog our hospitals with minor fckin ailments learn their lesson after this plight is over
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:16am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

I hope that a lot of people who think it’s all right to clog our hospitals with minor fckin ailments learn their lesson after this plight is over

This, while there was only talk of the corona virus a few weeks ago at around the time is was suggested to work from home the hospitals were empty, my cousin work in IT for the hse and he was saying he never seen Drogheda hospital so quiet

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

This, while there was only talk of the corona virus a few weeks ago at around the time is was suggested to work from home the hospitals were empty, my cousin work in IT for the hse and he was saying he never seen Drogheda hospital so quiet

Don't be telling Jim Corr this, he has been urging people to go out and film the hospitals because it's all a big cover up! 

WAKE UP SHOCO! 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:00pm

So how has lockdown changed you all? Now that life is starting to get back to normal and for many people lockdown is over, what are you going to do differently now?

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So how has lockdown changed you all? Now that life is starting to get back to normal and for many people lockdown is over, what are you going to do differently now?

I'm gonna work from home a few days a week and I'm gonna carry on with the running 3 nights a week.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Well now that everybody has been doing the morning workouts since lockdown we can walk around with tops off......

I used to work from home one day a week but will see if I can do 2/3 days. Wasting 2 hours a day commuting. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm
Got in to running and love it.

Love working from home too. Hopefully the global landscape for working from home changes forever after this. I'm an office worker who can get my work done at home as easily as in the office. Would love to only go in to the office when it really suits me and WFH the rest of the time and for that to be the norm

Enjoying doing HIIT workouts at home too instead of going to the gym. Would spend well over an hour in the gym incl getting there and coming back, whereas a HIIT workout takes less than 30 mins. In saying that, I'm looking forward to the gym re-opening to do weight sessions

Seeing a lot more of my kids too which is nice

In general I find life a lot simpler and less stressful than before. And that I have more ownership and control over my day than I previously would
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Got in to running and love it.

Love working from home too. Hopefully the global landscape for working from home changes forever after this. I'm an office worker who can get my work done at home as easily as in the office. Would love to only go in to the office when it really suits me and WFH the rest of the time and for that to be the norm

Enjoying doing HIIT workouts at home too instead of going to the gym. Would spend well over an hour in the gym incl getting there and coming back, whereas a HIIT workout takes less than 30 mins. In saying that, I'm looking forward to the gym re-opening to do weight sessions

Seeing a lot more of my kids too which is nice

In general I find life a lot simpler and less stressful than before. And that I have more ownership and control over my day than I previously would

I'd agree on the WFH thing. Managment is saying potentially do it one or two times at day but basically I can do everything from home so I don't see the logic of having to come in other than for appearances (which I think is stupid).

I'm saving money from not travelling, I'm probably more productive and don't have to listen to people talking sh*te which are three positive things.

Ideally would like to be able to remote work 3 days a week and come in 2 days at the minimum.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 2:16pm
Always hated wfh...until now. Key is to get the area right I bough desk and executive chair and the two monitors set up now so it’s ideal. Deffo more productive and saving ten hours a week on travel time and travel cost. Way better way of life. Would miss the gym at work and the social interaction but nothing beats wearing Bermuda shorts and flip flops everyday at work.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Always hated wfh...until now. Key is to get the area right I bough desk and executive chair and the two monitors set up now so it’s ideal. Deffo more productive and saving ten hours a week on travel time and travel cost. Way better way of life. Would miss the gym at work and the social interaction but nothing beats wearing Bermuda shorts and flip flops everyday at work.

Yeah same. I used to be sitting at the dining room table and the 2 year old over annoying me every 30 seconds. Have a desk set up now in a room with decent chair, extra monitor etc which just makes a massive difference.
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 3:36pm

Agree - love wearing the shorts and T-shirt’s all day. 

I put on a shirt and tie today to interview somebody and he turned up in a t-shirt!! 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 4:34pm
From my chats with friends it seems that the WFH model will either stand or fall for some on whether a business values the “bottom line”, or control of its staff, more. Rent, commercial mortgages etc are expensive business and there is an argument that departing from the office based model in favour of the “hot-office”, where all the needs of the office are met, but on an ad hoc basis.

But in what I would consider a turn up for the books, it appears some companies are interested in getting back to the office as soon as possible, often with vocal concerns about potential productivity concerns, even where they don’t exist.  
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 5:38pm
What impact will wfh have on cities? 

In the short term it'll mean more businesses will go bust but in the long term it would be less traffic, more pedestrianised streets and it will draw in more people to offset the lack of the office workers. 

Over a longer period, a lot of the office space getting converted into living space will fix the imbalances
It would damage this forums' reputation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 5:57pm

There is no excuse for any man to be wearing flip flops. None.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

What impact will wfh have on cities? 

In the short term it'll mean more businesses will go bust but in the long term it would be less traffic, more pedestrianised streets and it will draw in more people to offset the lack of the office workers. 

Over a longer period, a lot of the office space getting converted into living space will fix the imbalances

Most cities can’t cope with current demand and rents are crazy.
Office space will be reduced which as you say will be converted into shops/flats.

But cities will always be busy and an attraction for young people and tourists. More riding! 

House prices in nice places outside cities will go up.

Wework which was once valued around 30-40bn last year is now worth about 3-4bn and that’s probably overstated.

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:36pm
[QUOTE=Roberto Baggio]

[/

I reckon most people will quickly fall back into there old ways,maybe a few will keep up there running,cycling etc which is a pity.hopefully people will appreciate their family more...it was great to see parents out cycling with there kids(when the roads where quieter),families out in parks together,people dropping up to see if elderly parents or neighbors were ok.as bad as the virus was it did bring out better qualities in people that hopefully they’ll carry on.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic