You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much do you stick in a wedding card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 33>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:08pm
When you rate a wedding.

A free bar, and constant top of Moet champagne is expected to give it a good review when asked how was the wedding. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

When you rate a wedding.

A free bar, and constant top of Moet champagne is expected to give it a good review when asked how was the wedding. 
Would you turn up in your Range Rover and in your pilots suit to impress the gals wing commander
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

When you rate a wedding.

Would you turn up in your Range Rover and in your pilots suit to impress the gals wing commander

I don't get it? 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:21pm
Gonna have free booze at my wedding but it won't be in a hotel so gonna spend the next year or so getting the spirits and wine together. Weddings are expensive enough for guests as it is.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:23pm

When you rate a wedding.

I don't get it? 

Neither you would in person or while you are pretending to be someone else...
TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

When you rate a wedding.

I don't get it? 

The grammar in that sentence, I don't know were to begin. I'm not sure who you believe I am, I'm the TioPepe! 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 3:48pm

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

When you rate a wedding.

I don't get it? 

The grammar in that sentence, I don't know were to begin. I'm not sure who you believe I am, I'm the TioPepe! 
You could begin with "I don't know w(h)ere to begin".

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 24 Sep 2017 at 3:48pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Gonna have free booze at my wedding but it won't be in a hotel so gonna spend the next year or so getting the spirits and wine together. Weddings are expensive enough for guests as it is.

Where will you have it then?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Cash bar at wedding. Discuss.

A wedding in Ireland should be cash bar only.Give a round or 3 free if you want.

is the correct answer - free bar - recipe for disaster more money than sense

Mate got married in Aberdeen - 4 of us at the wedding and 2 of them were the bride and groom

And you still didn't buy a round :)

Bought the whole wedding party a drink - cost me under a tenner
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Where will you have it then?

Location still to be decided. Probably in a field Thumbs Up
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:04pm
Just back from a good mates wedding in Portugal. Loads of free booze all day, good food and good band. Stayed in a villa with some mates so accommodation wasn't that expensive. How much would ya say in a card?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:14pm
Destination Weddings mean that you don't have to give a dime. But if you wish to give something the amount is up to you.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Destination Weddings mean that you don't have to give a dime. But if you wish to give something the amount is up to you.
who makes up these rules ? 
Sure you dont have to give a dime at any wedding if you really dont want to,what are the couple gonna do ?

send around a debt collector.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:57pm
Etiquette is etiquette. Custom and practice is key. You don't have to give a present at all. That is very true. But with destination weddings as the guest has paid for flights and accommodation, and taken days off work it reduces the need further.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Just back from a good mates wedding in Portugal. Loads of free booze all day, good food and good band. Stayed in a villa with some mates so accommodation wasn't that expensive. How much would ya say in a card?

If it’s a good mate as you said, and there was loads of free booze well then you’d probably stick €100 in the card.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:49pm

I know there is a lot of non believers in me out there but this is gospel, i was going out with a girl for 6 and a half years, but we broke up over a little indescresion that i had when she went to Australia for a family members wedding, which i had refused to splash the cash to go to for 3 weeks (fck that 3 weeks with the lads on the piss seemed a great idea to me). Anyway out on the lash with the lads and this other wan starts chatting to me, seemed a nice enough girl at the start of the night so thought nothing of it but coming to closing time she appears over again and asks me where i was going next to which i said home, but i told her the lads were going on to a club and 1 of the lads fancied her but she batted that away and said would i walk her home so with a nice few drinks on board i said yeah, anyway 1 thing led to another and she was dropping her drawers for a few meetings we had over the 3 weeks ( i made this okay in my head by thinking the the mot in Australia would be doing the same probably LOL)

Anyway unbeknownst to me one of the mates had a friend of his with him on the night yer wan first emerged and the dirty coont told his sister who turned out to know my mot and of course been a nosey coont she asked the mot had we broken up when she got back from Australia because i had not gone, to which the mot said no, and of course the nosey coont followed up with (yes you got it) Oh when i seen him with ***** ******* i though you's were finished, well you's know the rest and nothing was going to fix it.

Forward on 4 years and out 1 night with a girl we bump into the ex with her new fella and got talking for about half an hour and something in me head was saying i know yer man from somewhere so i asked the ex and lo an behold it was only the fcker that had been in our company on the night i met the bird in the pub the coont that squelt to his sister the dirty coont, anyway the ex starts getting a bit soppy and asks would it be okay if we meet up to have a chat well i'm a free spirt and say yes, so to cut a long story short we meet over a couple of drinks and i get the feeling there is still something there between us but she tells me your man asked to to marry him and what did i think, i just said sure if you are happy why not and if you are not say no, have to say i got out of there and was quiet sad that i had fcked all this up as i knew by the way i felt that i still was mad about her.

After numerous phone calls and not having the balls to tell her how i felt and her not willing to do the same the date was approaching for the wedding and an invitation was giving to me but just for myself no plus 1, the girl i was knocking off at the time was not impressed but she did not know the extent of the link between us, she said to me you are not going to a wedding without me and i agreed (did not think i would be able to stomach it anyway, watching the girl i wanted but fcked it all up) anyway 2 days before the wedding i was due to go to a party with the mot and pulled the oul i am dying sick with the flu, sher go with your mates it will be grand i said as i decided to plot going to the wedding.

So anyway day of the wedding and i am still will i wont i, so say fck it a day out i will know most there and they will know me sure what could go wrong, proceed to the church and am welcomed with open arms by most of her family, i got on really well with them anyway especially her brothers who were sound and her sisters who were good craic, sure we used to babysit their kids (many's a good night had in their houses when the kids had gone asleep Wink) so we proceeded to the hollybrook hotel for the festivities and after the dinner and all the usual shoite speeches in which the coonts groomsman made a passing remark in which i was mentioned and got a good laugh from his half of the room, one of the ex's brothers said to me are you going to let him get away with that, i did not know what to say never mid what to do i just wanted to leave but i was convinced to stay, anyway i was making my way back from the jacks to the bar when the ex called me in the hallway to talk to me and was trying to apologise for the w**ker putting shoite like that in the speech (i wont lie i felt the tears welling up in my eyes as i looked ah her standing there and thinking that it should be me in the room sitting at the top table in my wedding suit but i just held them back but she could see i was hurting) she took me by the hand and we walked to the reception area and had a heart to heart and i let her know how i felt but wished her all the very best in marriage but she said why did i not do this before hand i was sad that i had said this now but she would not let it go, so i had to say what was bugging me about the incident back those years ago and how that sneaky coont had wormed his way to her by fckin squealing on me and then moving in for the kill (would probably do it myself if i liked the girl enough LOL) the coont was now coming out to the reception area with a couple of his gobshoites to ask what was going on and what i was at so i said just having a chat with a very good friend and she backed me up to which he replied well everyone is waiting on her and she should get back in the room, she said she would be a few minutes as we were not finished talking and sent him on his way to my glee LOL her brother had come out to make sure nothing physical was going to happen "ahem" as he said to me you should have clocked the coont, the sneaky coont certainly was not a family favourite LOL the brother said to us to take our time. Next thing i know we are walking upstairs holding hands and i find myself standing at her door with lips locking horns, enter the room and straight onto the bed jaysus some job banging a bird in a wedding dress and her not wanting to get "anything on it" it was a great ride fairly quick but great LOL we headed back to the reception area about 15 after the event where she proceeded to walk back intothe room and i just hung back and all i could see was her brother standing there looking at me with a big smirk on his face and then saying "i meant get the fcking groomsman back not the fckin groom but sure fck it he is a coont too LOL" we just laughed and wandered back in, i had a huge smile on my face everytime i looked at the smug coont kissing his bride knowing where my cock had been just a short time earlier

They broke up about 5 years later she was never happy Clap
Bump for PaulB
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:52pm

An anti-climax for PaulB when he realises it was YBIGs finest fairy tale creator Doc with the post in question.

PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:53pm
That's the one Dublin doc. that sex stories thread made me thought of it. Bob Hoskins had my head mangled when he told me it was in the dreams thread. Spent a while looking for it there.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 33>
  Share Topic