Print Page | Close Window

How much do you stick in a wedding card?

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: Other Forums
Forum Name: Whatever!
Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55641
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How much do you stick in a wedding card?
Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Subject: How much do you stick in a wedding card?
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:24pm
Bit of debate in the office here. I always thought that the standard was 50 a head kind of thing. Apparently I'm low balling and way off. What do yas think is appropriate?

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Replies:
Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:29pm
€150 for friend/family member is standard I think? €100 for everyone else

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:31pm
Is that a head or a couple? Literally 4 different pepole have to me four wildly different things

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:34pm

€100 per head 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

€100 per head 

Yep.

If an acquaintance only/work colleague €150 for a couple.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 2:40pm
€100 is what I work to also.

Posted By: TioPepe
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:01pm
200 for Family or close friend. 100 for everyone else.

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:08pm
20 euro and a meal voucher LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm
€100 a head unless they gave me less for my wedding and in that case I just match it. Kept a list of what everyone gave me on my big day which I refer to before hitting the ATM

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:17pm
Anything between £70 and £150 depending on how close they are to you, how much you respect them, and how much you care if they think you're a miserable bollocks

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:21pm
Thankfully haven't had to go to a wedding in 2 years. Went through a phase where I was at one a month for about a year. 

Usually give €150 between me and the wife. €250 if it's a real close friend. One of my mates gave me €400 for my wedding and he didn't even bring a partner with him. I'm dreading when he gets married.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:22pm
200 for a family member, 100 per head for a friend or other relative.

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:28pm
Generally your trying to compensate for the cost of you being at the wedding. I generally go for 100 per person - so €200 for the two of us or €250 if they are close friend or particularly fancy/expensive wedding.

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:41pm
Usually 100 to 150 depending how close you are to them. The other cheeky kants who send a wedding list or ask for money they can either fück right off or get a voucher for some sh*te shop over 200km away from them.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:46pm
There is no rule in wedding etiquette about presents. You don't have to do anything. But if you wish €100 per head is generous when you are a friend. The degree of relationship should be factored in.

Wedding registries are the best for guests and are brilliantly instructive. That's not "cheeky" at all. As a guest at many weddings I love seeing a list.

Posted By: Green Devil
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Bit of debate in the office here. I always thought that the standard was 50 a head kind of thing. Apparently I'm low balling and way off. What do yas think is appropriate?

Zizu Cavan 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Usually stick 100 in an envelop for the 2 of us for weddings at home. This as we have to fly over for it and book accommodation etc, so I keep it at 50 each.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

The other cheeky kants who send a wedding list or ask for money they can either fück right off or get a voucher for some sh*te shop over 200km away from them.

People who have wedding lists are generally massive kunts alright.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:51pm
150 (75 per head) for friend/cousin/work colleague. My take on it is you try and cover your meal cost.

200 (100 per head) for a close friend. 250 for a sibling. With close friend/sibling I try give them a little extra present.

After me own wedding next summer I'll be taking Gaz's approach when deciding what to give.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 3:55pm
€100 a head seems to be the going rate.Close friend/Family Id usually give a fair bit more.

Anyone who has a wedding list is a full kunt and doesn't deserve a thing imo.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Wedding lists have always been incredibly helpful when buying for weddings. I much prefer giving gifts that people will use and need rather than giving cash which can be a little impersonal, or a item which is not useful.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Always put 100€ myself.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Wedding lists have always been incredibly helpful when buying for weddings. I much prefer giving gifts that people will use and need rather than giving cash which can be a little impersonal, or a item which is not useful.

Can't beat giving a blender

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:01pm
Usually give between €100 to €150 depending who's getting married. Last wedding I was at was my cousin and they were tight arses not giving people +1s etc so just gave them €50 which covered my meal in the hotel they had it in

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: BrenC
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The other cheeky kants who send a wedding list or ask for money they can either fück right off or get a voucher for some sh*te shop over 200km away from them.

People who have wedding lists are generally massive kunts alright.

Absolute kunts indeed. Wife insisted on doing a list as we're inviting lots from the USA and yanks expect a list. I refused to put the list card in any invites going to Irish people. Ended up with a few grand to spend in Brown Thomas and I have absolutely no idea what the missus bought with it.

-------------
Team Emmet

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:42pm
Have already been to 5 weddings this year and that includes one in NZ

Usually do €150 between the two of us and free guestlist for EP as an added bonus

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:44pm
When we got married 2 years ago €150/couple was the standard, €200/couple for closer friends.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Have already been to 5 weddings this year and that includes one in NZ

Usually do €150 between the two of us and free guestlist for EP as an added bonus

Can I invite you to my wedding

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 6:18pm
Now we were invited to a wedding and could not make it as we were at an away game ( Family ish ) , we still had to send €150 is that fair . Now a lad at work maybe getting tied down if i can't make this one do i still need to throw in cash ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 6:20pm
Hell no. If there's a work whip round for him just throw in a few bob.

Getting shaken down for 150 for a wedding you're not going to

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 6:38pm
Seems the 150-200 mark for a couple is the average 👍🏻Cheers lads

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Now we were invited to a wedding and could not make it as we were at an away game ( Family ish ) , we still had to send €150 is that fair . Now a lad at work maybe getting tied down if i can't make this one do i still need to throw in cash ?

Why the f**k would you give €150 as a present to a wedding you couldn't attend

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Family ish like i said , we had a vote on it the wife was in the chair and she said pay it .
Never what to be mean really .

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:44pm

Family ish like i said , we had a vote on it the wife was in the chair and she said pay it .
Murph have you been over states side yet ? if so how did you's get on ?

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:48pm
If people are only invited to the evening party of a wedding do they normally bring a present/money
If so how much?

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If people are only invited to the evening party of a wedding do they normally bring a present/money
If so how much?
no gift/cash in that senario

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

If so how much?
no gift/cash in that senario

Correct

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:13pm
I wouldn't bother going to evening part of a wedding.I have been asked to a few but never bother with them,they either want you at the whole lot or not.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:19pm

You were outvoted in a vote of two people )

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:31pm
If a lad has a stag abroad (Newcastle/Vegas etc) and then has the wedding abroad (Spain/Italy etc), they can FRO if they expect a present, a note should be put in with the invitation saying no need for a present as u have already forked out for flights and a bottle of Factor 20.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

If a lad has a stag abroad (Newcastle/Vegas etc) and then has the wedding abroad (Spain/Italy etc), they can FRO if they expect a present, a note should be put in with the invitation saying no need for a present as u have already forked out for flights and a bottle of Factor 20.

my mates had their wedding abroad (Portugal Villamoura) so was about €800-1000 or close too it for flights and hotel for week. We and the mates who went initially said we wouldn't give anything as we'd spent all that money going over for it. but two days before wedding they had this massive BBQ which must have cost them a fortune so so we all agree to put 100 quid into the wedding cards

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:55pm
A mate of mine was invited to his cousins wedding ... she had to trim back the list as the cost was going past the budget . She approached him and politely pointed out that she had to cut back the list and hope he understood . His reply was ah f**k it anyway and I have the card wrote out n all at home with 200 notes in it ! He said the look on her face was worth €500

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:07pm

I wouldn't bother going to evening part of a wedding.I have been asked to a few but never bother with them,they either want you at the whole lot or not.

I'm not a fan of evening invitations. Occasionally, you will come across a very well managed evening party where the evening guests will be treated to a glass of champagne on arrival, the first of the evening food will be put out, and the cake will have been cut and distributed, and there will remain a few quid behind the bar for a glass of red wine, or a pint of Guinness. They will arrive when the meal has been finished, and the last vestiges of it have been cleaned away. 

However, more often than not it will be miscalculated, and the evening guests will arrive while the dinner is not over and the speeches are still ongoing. They will stand awkwardly in the doorway while the speech makers fumble through their duties, occasionally relying on the guests imbibing of the wine to heighten the laugh factor. Then, the evening guests will be pointed towards the cash bar, and try and to match those who have been there all day. No guarantee of nibbles, or evening food. Just the pleasure of showing up for the candid photos.

Ireland is one country where the concept of "afters" is tolerated more than others, and I'll never understand it. And like you Rossieman, I will generally decline.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:36pm
A group of us were invited to an afters once. Didnt like the prick but we said we woukd go. Arrived on time and headed into the function room were we took our seats. Best man(another clown) asks us to leave as the speeches werent done with. Lucky enough our mini bus driver was still in the carpark we got out of there and headed elsewere. Should have stayed as there was drama later. The groom was ridin some other moth a d she gate crashed and caused a commotion.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:37pm
Holy f**k

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:12am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Murph have you been over states side yet ? if so how did you's get on ?
Yer it all went to plan really as you know Vegas is Vegas but San Diego was outstanding very much worth a trip I must say .

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 8:05am

A group of us were invited to an afters once. Didnt like the prick but we said we woukd go. Arrived on time and headed into the function room were we took our seats. Best man(another clown) asks us to leave as the speeches werent done with. Lucky enough our mini bus driver was still in the carpark we got out of there and headed elsewere. Should have stayed as there was drama later. The groom was ridin some other moth a d she gate crashed and caused a commotion.

Droggers 😂😂

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:10am

I know a lad who invited his girlfriend to his wedding.All was fine until she got pissed and started telling people she was riding the groom .

Some great stuff goes on at weddings ,can't beat a bit of a scrap between the in laws

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:14am
In fact, I know somebody who got "day invitations" as opposed to "evening invitations". The result was the same in that they didn't get dinner, Instead they didn't get the cash bar and the DJ, but they did get the Church service.

You hear some absolute gems of wedding stories, and I'm always glad to hear them.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:27am

In fact, I know somebody who got "day invitations" as opposed to "evening invitations". The result was the same in that they didn't get dinner, Instead they didn't get the cash bar and the DJ, but they did get the Church service.

You hear some absolute gems of wedding stories, and I'm always glad to hear them.

why would you invite someone to the wedding but not the afters ???

I get not inviting people to wedding its self if they aren't close friends family etc. but the above is just stupid

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I get not inviting people to wedding its self if they aren't close friends family etc. but the above is just stupid

because a lot of people are ****s 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

because a lot of people are ****s 

LOL

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:58am
Weddings can make people weird and their choices reflect that. All I can say, it wasn't a good idea and friendships were compromised.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:09am

Likewise. I can vaguely remember a thread in the Whatever section that featured a host of outstanding stories - I can't remember which thread it was though! It could have even been a thread about best men speeches that morphed into a general wedding debacle one but it was amazing. If some kind gent can recall this thread and wanted to give it an aul bump that would be great. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:21am
When i got married i wasnt too much in to the present thing but more interested that everyone enjoyed themselves. The worst thing about it was the ****s that didnt turn up. 3 couples in total. Two of them had foreign weddings that i went to at some expense. The other couple told me they were going only the week before. All f**king dead to me now as one lied as why he couldnt make it. Another i met at a friends wedding a couple of weeks after who gave me a recycled present which the wife threw into a charity shop the next day. If he only knew that the lad who was getting married used to throw it into his missis every now and again.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:30am

When i got married i wasnt too much in to the present thing but more interested that everyone enjoyed themselves. The worst thing about it was the ****s that didnt turn up. 3 couples in total. Two of them had foreign weddings that i went to at some expense. The other couple told me they were going only the week before. All f**king dead to me now as one lied as why he couldnt make it. Another i met at a friends wedding a couple of weeks after who gave me a recycled present which the wife threw into a charity shop the next day. If he only knew that the lad who was getting married used to throw it into his missis every now and again.
Its funny, before I got married I wouldn't have thought stuff like that would bother me but it did. Had the same issue with 3 couples not turning up, one I only spoke to the week before. Another was a friend who told me the night before that he couldn't make it and would see me at the afters - never showed and never heard anything from him for about 6 months. His missus apologised a few years after for missing it but never said why, I didn't care at that stage. Things never been the same since

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:48am

I got married in Vegas and 14 of us went over, but when I got back I had a night in town, where friends and family came along.

I had a few old friends who didn't bother their balls coming. What annoyed me is that I went to their wedding whereby I had to take 2 days off work and put 200e in a card for them.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:49am
We're a very strange little country!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:04am
I know there is a lot of non believers in me out there but this is gospel, i was going out with a girl for 6 and a half years, but we broke up over a little indescresion that i had when she went to Australia for a family members wedding, which i had refused to splash the cash to go to for 3 weeks (fck that 3 weeks with the lads on the piss seemed a great idea to me). Anyway out on the lash with the lads and this other wan starts chatting to me, seemed a nice enough girl at the start of the night so thought nothing of it but coming to closing time she appears over again and asks me where i was going next to which i said home, but i told her the lads were going on to a club and 1 of the lads fancied her but she batted that away and said would i walk her home so with a nice few drinks on board i said yeah, anyway 1 thing led to another and she was dropping her drawers for a few meetings we had over the 3 weeks ( i made this okay in my head by thinking the the mot in Australia would be doing the same probably LOL)

Anyway unbeknownst to me one of the mates had a friend of his with him on the night yer wan first emerged and the dirty coont told his sister who turned out to know my mot and of course been a nosey coont she asked the mot had we broken up when she got back from Australia because i had not gone, to which the mot said no, and of course the nosey coont followed up with (yes you got it) Oh when i seen him with ***** ******* i though you's were finished, well you's know the rest and nothing was going to fix it.

Forward on 4 years and out 1 night with a girl we bump into the ex with her new fella and got talking for about half an hour and something in me head was saying i know yer man from somewhere so i asked the ex and lo an behold it was only the fcker that had been in our company on the night i met the bird in the pub the coont that squelt to his sister the dirty coont, anyway the ex starts getting a bit soppy and asks would it be okay if we meet up to have a chat well i'm a free spirt and say yes, so to cut a long story short we meet over a couple of drinks and i get the feeling there is still something there between us but she tells me your man asked to to marry him and what did i think, i just said sure if you are happy why not and if you are not say no, have to say i got out of there and was quiet sad that i had fcked all this up as i knew by the way i felt that i still was mad about her.

After numerous phone calls and not having the balls to tell her how i felt and her not willing to do the same the date was approaching for the wedding and an invitation was giving to me but just for myself no plus 1, the girl i was knocking off at the time was not impressed but she did not know the extent of the link between us, she said to me you are not going to a wedding without me and i agreed (did not think i would be able to stomach it anyway, watching the girl i wanted but fcked it all up) anyway 2 days before the wedding i was due to go to a party with the mot and pulled the oul i am dying sick with the flu, sher go with your mates it will be grand i said as i decided to plot going to the wedding.

So anyway day of the wedding and i am still will i wont i, so say fck it a day out i will know most there and they will know me sure what could go wrong, proceed to the church and am welcomed with open arms by most of her family, i got on really well with them anyway especially her brothers who were sound and her sisters who were good craic, sure we used to babysit their kids (many's a good night had in their houses when the kids had gone asleep Wink) so we proceeded to the hollybrook hotel for the festivities and after the dinner and all the usual shoite speeches in which the coonts groomsman made a passing remark in which i was mentioned and got a good laugh from his half of the room, one of the ex's brothers said to me are you going to let him get away with that, i did not know what to say never mid what to do i just wanted to leave but i was convinced to stay, anyway i was making my way back from the jacks to the bar when the ex called me in the hallway to talk to me and was trying to apologise for the w**ker putting shoite like that in the speech (i wont lie i felt the tears welling up in my eyes as i looked ah her standing there and thinking that it should be me in the room sitting at the top table in my wedding suit but i just held them back but she could see i was hurting) she took me by the hand and we walked to the reception area and had a heart to heart and i let her know how i felt but wished her all the very best in marriage but she said why did i not do this before hand i was sad that i had said this now but she would not let it go, so i had to say what was bugging me about the incident back those years ago and how that sneaky coont had wormed his way to her by fckin squealing on me and then moving in for the kill (would probably do it myself if i liked the girl enough LOL) the coont was now coming out to the reception area with a couple of his gobshoites to ask what was going on and what i was at so i said just having a chat with a very good friend and she backed me up to which he replied well everyone is waiting on her and she should get back in the room, she said she would be a few minutes as we were not finished talking and sent him on his way to my glee LOL her brother had come out to make sure nothing physical was going to happen "ahem" as he said to me you should have clocked the coont, the sneaky coont certainly was not a family favourite LOL the brother said to us to take our time. Next thing i know we are walking upstairs holding hands and i find myself standing at her door with lips locking horns, enter the room and straight onto the bed jaysus some job banging a bird in a wedding dress and her not wanting to get "anything on it" it was a great ride fairly quick but great LOL we headed back to the reception area about 15 after the event where she proceeded to walk back intothe room and i just hung back and all i could see was her brother standing there looking at me with a big smirk on his face and then saying "i meant get the fcking groomsman back not the fckin groom but sure fck it he is a coont too LOL" we just laughed and wandered back in, i had a huge smile on my face everytime i looked at the smug coont kissing his bride knowing where my cock had been just a short time earlier

They broke up about 5 years later she was never happy Clap

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:16am
Holy fookin' jaysus. LOL

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:25am

That's some read LOL

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:43am

There's a suprise LOLLOL

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:53am
Why did you not just do a Graduate during the wedding?

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
Great story but what sort of trollop does that sh*t on her wedding day ? Do birds like that even exist ?!

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Great story but what sort of trollop does that sh*t on her wedding day ? Do birds like that even exist ?!
An unhappy bride ,and yes they do, food for thought there babbsy wha LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I know there is a lot of non believers in me out there but this is gospel, i was going out with a girl for 6 and a half years, but we broke up over a little indescresion that i had when she went to Australia for a family members wedding, which i had refused to splash the cash to go to for 3 weeks (fck that 3 weeks with the lads on the piss seemed a great idea to me). Anyway out on the lash with the lads and this other wan starts chatting to me, seemed a nice enough girl at the start of the night so thought nothing of it but coming to closing time she appears over again and asks me where i was going next to which i said home, but i told her the lads were going on to a club and 1 of the lads fancied her but she batted that away and said would i walk her home so with a nice few drinks on board i said yeah, anyway 1 thing led to another and she was dropping her drawers for a few meetings we had over the 3 weeks ( i made this okay in my head by thinking the the mot in Australia would be doing the same probably LOL)

Anyway unbeknownst to me one of the mates had a friend of his with him on the night yer wan first emerged and the dirty coont told his sister who turned out to know my mot and of course been a nosey coont she asked the mot had we broken up when she got back from Australia because i had not gone, to which the mot said no, and of course the nosey coont followed up with (yes you got it) Oh when i seen him with ***** ******* i though you's were finished, well you's know the rest and nothing was going to fix it.

Forward on 4 years and out 1 night with a girl we bump into the ex with her new fella and got talking for about half an hour and something in me head was saying i know yer man from somewhere so i asked the ex and lo an behold it was only the fcker that had been in our company on the night i met the bird in the pub the coont that squelt to his sister the dirty coont, anyway the ex starts getting a bit soppy and asks would it be okay if we meet up to have a chat well i'm a free spirt and say yes, so to cut a long story short we meet over a couple of drinks and i get the feeling there is still something there between us but she tells me your man asked to to marry him and what did i think, i just said sure if you are happy why not and if you are not say no, have to say i got out of there and was quiet sad that i had fcked all this up as i knew by the way i felt that i still was mad about her.

After numerous phone calls and not having the balls to tell her how i felt and her not willing to do the same the date was approaching for the wedding and an invitation was giving to me but just for myself no plus 1, the girl i was knocking off at the time was not impressed but she did not know the extent of the link between us, she said to me you are not going to a wedding without me and i agreed (did not think i would be able to stomach it anyway, watching the girl i wanted but fcked it all up) anyway 2 days before the wedding i was due to go to a party with the mot and pulled the oul i am dying sick with the flu, sher go with your mates it will be grand i said as i decided to plot going to the wedding.

So anyway day of the wedding and i am still will i wont i, so say fck it a day out i will know most there and they will know me sure what could go wrong, proceed to the church and am welcomed with open arms by most of her family, i got on really well with them anyway especially her brothers who were sound and her sisters who were good craic, sure we used to babysit their kids (many's a good night had in their houses when the kids had gone asleep Wink) so we proceeded to the hollybrook hotel for the festivities and after the dinner and all the usual shoite speeches in which the coonts groomsman made a passing remark in which i was mentioned and got a good laugh from his half of the room, one of the ex's brothers said to me are you going to let him get away with that, i did not know what to say never mid what to do i just wanted to leave but i was convinced to stay, anyway i was making my way back from the jacks to the bar when the ex called me in the hallway to talk to me and was trying to apologise for the w**ker putting shoite like that in the speech (i wont lie i felt the tears welling up in my eyes as i looked ah her standing there and thinking that it should be me in the room sitting at the top table in my wedding suit but i just held them back but she could see i was hurting) she took me by the hand and we walked to the reception area and had a heart to heart and i let her know how i felt but wished her all the very best in marriage but she said why did i not do this before hand i was sad that i had said this now but she would not let it go, so i had to say what was bugging me about the incident back those years ago and how that sneaky coont had wormed his way to her by fckin squealing on me and then moving in for the kill (would probably do it myself if i liked the girl enough LOL) the coont was now coming out to the reception area with a couple of his gobshoites to ask what was going on and what i was at so i said just having a chat with a very good friend and she backed me up to which he replied well everyone is waiting on her and she should get back in the room, she said she would be a few minutes as we were not finished talking and sent him on his way to my glee LOL her brother had come out to make sure nothing physical was going to happen "ahem" as he said to me you should have clocked the coont, the sneaky coont certainly was not a family favourite LOL the brother said to us to take our time. Next thing i know we are walking upstairs holding hands and i find myself standing at her door with lips locking horns, enter the room and straight onto the bed jaysus some job banging a bird in a wedding dress and her not wanting to get "anything on it" it was a great ride fairly quick but great LOL we headed back to the reception area about 15 after the event where she proceeded to walk back intothe room and i just hung back and all i could see was her brother standing there looking at me with a big smirk on his face and then saying "i meant get the fcking groomsman back not the fckin groom but sure fck it he is a coont too LOL" we just laughed and wandered back in, i had a huge smile on my face everytime i looked at the smug coont kissing his bride knowing where my cock had been just a short time earlier

POTY wrapped up

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:08pm
Anyone that belives that story -ffs

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
Was that Love Hate season 4 Doc?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I can only say robert for once this is actually what happened hand on heart, i could not be arsed making up some sh*t like that i dont do long post's i do short and to the point but hey ho take it or leave it 

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:14pm

Was that Love Hate season 4 Doc?

LOLLOLLOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I can only say robert for once this is actually what happened hand on heart, i could not be arsed making up some sh*t like that i dont do long post's i do short and to the point but hey ho take it or leave it 

Doc doesnt do posts longer than a few sentences ripping someone to pieces. Great story

Posted By: da_launchpad
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm
Ah jesus - that is epic story f**kin hell!!! Is she back with you now?

-------------
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by da_launchpad da_launchpad wrote:

Ah jesus - that is epic story f**kin hell!!! Is she back with you now?
Unfortunately not, she has a kid from the maggot also, but we are still friends and she is friendly with my sister who she would see fairly regular, i dont seee her that often really but i am quiet happy with my lot atm and so is she Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:47pm

Holy Divine Mother and St Peter and all the Saints, what a story, i'd watch that if it was made into a mini-series.

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:54pm
DOC arriving with his wedding gift

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:56pm
Lad on his own stag down the country, snogs a girl in the pub, one of his friends takes a picture of him doing it.
Meanwhile back at home, the girl who is getting married calls around to her mate, her mate is in kitchen getting more drinks, when her phone pings with a message, it is the picture of the groom snogging this qaure one, the mate says to the bride-to- be "will you see what that is on my phone, the bride-to-be picks up the phone and sees the picture and text "look what this prick is up to!"
Wedding cancelled.

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 2:07pm
@ Doc ... How much was in the card

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 2:08pm
You should write a book DOC

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:13pm

Lad on his own stag down the country, snogs a girl in the pub, one of his friends takes a picture of him doing it.
Meanwhile back at home, the girl who is getting married calls around to her mate, her mate is in kitchen getting more drinks, when her phone pings with a message, it is the picture of the groom snogging this qaure one, the mate says to the bride-to- be "will you see what that is on my phone, the bride-to-be picks up the phone and sees the picture and text "look what this prick is up to!"
Wedding cancelled.
That's no friend - what a coont

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

You should write a book DOC
Or even approach one of the tv stations and offer it as a storyline for one of their soaps. LOLClap

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 4:11pm

U ok hun

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:12pm
Cover the cost of the meal (two meals if you're mrs is with you) and a bit on top (no dirty jokes).

Some Fair City yarn there Dublin Doc..........LOLClap,  sure how would you have left any marks on a white dress unless you took her up the gicker using the dress as a jonny?

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Wedding cancelled.

That's no friend - what a coont

Never understand blokes breaking the bro code. Happens a lot.

I have a colleague who admits himself he can't lie to his missus and tells her everything. He was out with friends in Dublin one night and he hung himself and landed his mates in it by spilling to the missus that the reason he was home at all hours was cause he was in a strip club with the lads and had got a private dance. Needless to say his missus was not impressed told all the other girlfriends/wives.
He went on a stags and with the same group he ended up seperated from them. He is convinced they bailed on him so they could misbehave in peace

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:47pm
What an absolute bellend your mate is.

Absolute snitch.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:10pm
Have a couple of snitches in our group. Cant keep their mouth shut about anything. Why in f**ks name would you tell yer missis about what you or the lads got up to on a night out or a stag except ye had a load of beers and in bed by one

Posted By: Gigibongi33
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:17pm
From a female perspective I'd be more suspicious of the fella if he said he didn't visit a strip club on a stag! ya hardly expect any woman to believe ya just went to the pub and was in bed by 1 am   

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:49am

Bot meets girl, boy loses girl, years later boy shags girl for old time sake.....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: ChuckVANSeagal
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:16pm
If you don't get invited to the whole thing, why would you even go? I hate weddings but if I get an invite, I go. I wouldn't even correspond to an evening invite. Why do they even exist?

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ChuckVANSeagal ChuckVANSeagal wrote:

If you don't get invited to the whole thing, why would you even go? I hate weddings but if I get an invite, I go. I wouldn't even correspond to an evening invite. Why do they even exist?
because you get to avoid the boring bit but can still go and sniff out the minge

Posted By: ChuckVANSeagal
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

because you get to avoid the boring bit but can still go and sniff out the minge

Sex fiend

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 4:53pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

because you get to avoid the boring bit but can still go and sniff out the stale minge

Sex fiend

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:24pm
I believe there are two factors:

Degree of relationship and what you can reasonably afford.

Most wedding would be in the region of 75 per head so if you are looking to cover costs than that's fair game.

On our wedding we had some people give 50 (per couple) but that was fine as we knew they didn't have it.
On the other hand we had a couple (both doctors and kids in private school) giving 50 and you are like WTF.

Some people will shock you at their generosity and some disgust you with how Cavan they are.

Evening guests should only bring a card.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:32pm
I tend to google the place and see how much it costs, then add on a bit.

Then again, a friend of mine was at a wedding in NYC recently which was $1,000 a plate. The bride's aul lad was a banker or somesuch and presumably footing the bill. I think you can make an exception in that case.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I tend to google the place and see how much it costs, then add on a bit.

Then again, a friend of mine was at a wedding in NYC recently which was $1,000 a plate. The bride's aul lad was a banker or somesuch and presumably footing the bill. I think you can make an exception in that case.
someone in your line of work should be giving around 300 bucks

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:11pm
Usually give €150 between the two of us and a gift of some description if it's a close friend or relative.

We had 238 at our wedding, a lot of friends and close relations on both sides. Had the usual thing with the parents where they had certain friends they felt should be invited and we had to pare back the list from about 260. Had let people know that cash would be appropriate as we already had a gaff and had been living together years so had pretty much everything we needed.

Was only the following day when we were settling up with the hotel that we twigged, we'd have been better off letting the folks invite who they want, there's a sweet spot where you can actually end up in the black with a big crowd as the cost of the band, service musicians, whatever you have entertainment wise for the drinks reception, wedding cake etc is always the same regardless of how many people are there. Once you have that covered. Think it was €55 per head the hotel charged us for the meal, champagne reception, late night snacks etc so at an average of €150 per couple, would have been making profit once we had the set costs covered. Think we just about broke even after the cost of a round for everyone after the meal but another 20 or 30 bodies and we possibly could have covered the honeymoon! LOL

Some nightmare counting the cash in the hotel the following day after boozing till 7 in the morning on the night itself, mind you.....

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:05pm
I don't think I've met 238 people in my life .

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

true

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:33pm

Was thinking the same

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Was thinking the same

Absolutely, this thing of let's invite the aunties neighbours cat can go and sh*te.

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:24am

My missus has 40 first cousins so that was 80 including plus ones for a start!

2 siblings each is another 8 inc plus ones plus parents / grandparents could get you to 100 handy enough.

25 friends each plus ones is another hundred. Add in my extended family, aunts uncles, cousins and you're up at 240 no bother.

You'd be surprised how quick you can get up there tbh!

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net