You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harry Arter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 9:53am
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 11:19am
Plenty of Ireland squad players plying their trade in League One other than McClean and now Arter. As Harry was on £2 million a year at Forest, any loan deal to a lower league club would no doubt involve them picking up a fair chunk of the bill and he has another two years left on his contract. Charlton, like Forest last season, have made a flurry of early signings who have not gelled so are struggling at the moment.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:11am
£40,000 a week in League 1. Just mental. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 1:06am
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

£13k.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 1:09am
Shane Long up front with Harry Arter in the hole.

#Sharter
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

£13k.
Well £2 million a year stated above works out at £38,500 a week. £13K is only £675,000 a year. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 2:15pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

£13k.
Well £2 million a year stated above works out at £38,500 a week. £13K is only £675,000 a year. 

That figure relates to his previous contract at Bournemouth.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Shane Long up front with Harry Arter in the hole.

#Sharter

Hopefully he is left there 
AKA pedantic kunt
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 2:45pm
Not really sure why people give arter as much grief as he gets.

Hes actively approached ireland to represent us, he's always put himself forward for squads without be flaky about it, even if he knows he's not going to play.

I can't say his contribution on the field for us has been any better or worse than hourihane, hendrick or Whelan.

I personally don't feel he should be in the squad over Kilkenny but that's not really his fault.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 3:20pm
I vaguely recall he made himself unavailable under MON no?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Not really sure why people give arter as much grief as he gets.

Hes actively approached ireland to represent us, he's always put himself forward for squads without be flaky about it, even if he knows he's not going to play.

I can't say his contribution on the field for us has been any better or worse than hourihane, hendrick or Whelan.

I personally don't feel he should be in the squad over Kilkenny but that's not really his fault.

Not so sure about that 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 5:43pm
He pulled out of several squads for spurious reasons. He's become noticeably less flaky now that his club career has nosedived and he needs to put himself in the shop window. I recall him having a little whinge when Stephen Quinn was brought on ahead of him in Serbia. I sensed a little entitlement there which was unbecoming.

I also remember when the news came out about Roy Keane having it out with two then unnamed players, I thought to myself "Harry Arter and Jon Walters". And people can have a go at Keane for that all they want, and they're entitled to, but if you can accurately predict who the players are without the names being leaked then it suggests that Keane may have had a bit of a point.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 6:40pm

He pulled out of several squads for spurious reasons. He's become noticeably less flaky now that his club career has nosedived and he needs to put himself in the shop window. I recall him having a little whinge when Stephen Quinn was brought on ahead of him in Serbia. I sensed a little entitlement there which was unbecoming.

I also remember when the news came out about Roy Keane having it out with two then unnamed players, I thought to myself "Harry Arter and Jon Walters". And people can have a go at Keane for that all they want, and they're entitled to, but if you can ac

curately predict who the players are without the names being leaked then it suggests that Keane may have had a bit of a point.

Roy always has a point.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 6:43pm
FFS having a go at Jon Walters puts a big hole in your theory.
Whatever about Arter, imo Walters showed up and played his game.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

FFS having a go at Jon Walters puts a big hole in your theory.
Whatever about Arter, imo Walters showed up and played his game.

Dont think anybody would dispute that. But knowing HH and his fanatical support of all things irish players, he was referring to the fact that he was able to identify one being Walters because of Keane and JWs previous. 

Walters was a brilliant servant. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:00pm
The details were coming out in dribs and drabs at the time. IIRC Keane had a problem with Arter and Walters not participating/giving their all in training and having a tendency of arriving to squad gatherings after other players.

That, and Keane's history with Walters when he was forcing through a move to Stoke, and Arter's outspokenness - well a person puts two and two together.

I'd say there's two sides to this story but Roy's reputation was dirt at the time, and O'Neill's wasn't much better, so the press and fan reaction was only going to go one way - especially with Walters being an ardent fan favourite.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:10pm

The details were coming out in dribs and drabs at the time. IIRC Keane had a problem with Arter and Walters not participating/giving their all in training and having a tendency of arriving to squad gatherings after other players.

That, and Keane's history with Walters when he was forcing through a move to Stoke, and Arter's outspokenness - well a person puts two and two together.

I'd say there's two sides to this story but Roy's reputation was dirt at the time, and O'Neill's wasn't much better, so the press and fan reaction was only going to go one way - especially with Walters being an ardent fan favourite.

I like Walters been a great servant to Ireland and Arter I don't agree that he's been as half arsed as you seem to think he made himself available etc. 

However it really doesn't take a genius to see that Keane was very likely to the letter correct in his issue they weren't training properly and lacking a bit of intensity at that particular time. A quick look at the way Walters club career went and tbf Arters also backs that up among other things! 

Like you say Keane's rep at the time meant he was the villian but in reality he was right and hindsight certainly didn't prove him wrong whatever about him being right if that makes sense!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm
Still the most ironic part of that spat is Keane having a go at players for feigning injury when Keane himself didn't even bother to show for friendlies or even some qualifiers against the lesser nations citing "injury". Yet he was always able to tog out for United 3 days later.

Edited by Bandwagon - 29 Aug 2021 at 9:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293>
  Share Topic