You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gordon Elliott ex trainer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gordon Elliott ex trainer
    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:48am
Let’s not ruin the Cheltenham thread lads, ye can have your rants and vent your spleen in here about wrong doing in sport in general also.

There has been a few incidents in racing going back over the years, a couple that spring to mind is Martin pipe and Mickey Quinn, obviously loads more but that’s just off the top of head.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:54am
Betfair have just walked away from him. 

If you’ve a couple of mill invested in an animal, you’ll want them receiving the best possible care, this pic questions that. 
I’d say Mullins phone is ringing off the hook today 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:58am
He was involved in some controversy not so long ago too, think the horse in question won at Cheltenham Labik or something which became the focus of CAB because of the owners.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:02am
Someone is out to get him finished last week the video about the bar this week the picture from 4 years ago he's an idiot but someone trying to do him
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Someone is out to get him finished last week the video about the bar this week the picture from 4 years ago he's an idiot but someone trying to do him
A woman scorned ?
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:07am
It’s interesting timing if it is the case that someone is trying to hang him.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He was involved in some controversy not so long ago too, think the horse in question won at Cheltenham Labik or something which became the focus of CAB because of the owners.
a few bogeys owned it
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:17am

Let’s not ruin the Cheltenham thread lads, ye can have your rants and vent your spleen in here about wrong doing in sport in general also.

There has been a few incidents in racing going back over the years, a couple that spring to mind is Martin pipe and Mickey Quinn, obviously loads more but that’s just off the top of head.

What did they do?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:18am

Hardly comparable? 

Also whoever he got to write/come up with his statement should be sacked too LOL “and without thinking I sat down” (on the body of the dead horse) “hearing a shout from my team I gestured to wait until I was finished” LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
The picture is horrendous and his attempted excuse was just a joke. Suspect he’ll come through this though this unscathed though. A few winners at Cheltenham and all is forgotten 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Hardly comparable? 

Also whoever he got to write/come up with his statement should be sacked too LOL “and without thinking I sat down” (on the body of the dead horse) “hearing a shout from my team I gestured to wait until I was finished” LOL
Its not a comparison ya galute LOL Just saying training for drug pushers and criminals didn’t hurt him then.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:24am

Hardly comparable? 

Reminded me of the classic Wayne Hennessey I waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it and at the same time put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:30am

Hardly comparable? 

Its not a comparison ya galute LOL Just saying training for drug pushers and criminals didn’t hurt him then.
Fairly easy for him to plead ignorance to that 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:49am

Hardly comparable? 

Very like the fai statement releasing them late a night in the hope they wouldn’t make the next days papers. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:52am
I'd say Cheveley Park, JP McManus, Gigginstown and other big owners will be considering cutting ties with him now too, or at least will be under pressure to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:01am
Could see Cheveley Park doing that alright.
Gigginstown are winding down so may do nothing.
Does JP have many with him? Struggling off the top of my head to name many.

He's purposely tried to ensure he doesn't have too many horses with one owner - In a case like this it will probably stand to him as most will probably stay put and not move their horses.

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Could see Cheveley Park doing that alright.
Gigginstown are winding down so may do nothing.
Does JP have many with him? Struggling off the top of my head to name many.

He's purposely tried to ensure he doesn't have too many horses with one owner - In a case like this it will probably stand to him as most will probably stay put and not move their horses.

Think he has a few of JPs, he has recently enough had new owners The Moran’s who have a few with him too, be interesting to see how far this is pushed
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It's absolutely sickening that gross malpractice and flagrant disregard for animal welfare is being rightly highlighted

What is the world coming to

It was sick how people jumped to conclusions that this real photograph was real, and not photoshopped

This is disgraceful victimising of Gordon Elliott - it reminds me of how Maria Bailey was treated

Brendan O'Connor will be interviewing Gordon next Saturday morning I hear, after Gordon has been in touch with his PR people to arrange a crisis management strategy - and then we'll hear the real story

These horrible animal welfare people and people in general are surely pushing good people to suicide by correctly highlighting gross and disgraceful treatment of animals

Who do they think they are, virtue signalling, sanctimonious snowflakes

You've lost me there Sid.
No evidence of any animal being mistreated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic