Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57736
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 7:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Gordon Elliott ex trainer
Posted By: daithi
Subject: Gordon Elliott ex trainer
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:48am
Let’s not ruin the Cheltenham thread lads, ye can have your rants and vent your spleen in here about wrong doing in sport in general also.

There has been a few incidents in racing going back over the years, a couple that spring to mind is Martin pipe and Mickey Quinn, obviously loads more but that’s just off the top of head.

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Replies:
Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:54am
Betfair have just walked away from him. 

If you’ve a couple of mill invested in an animal, you’ll want them receiving the best possible care, this pic questions that. 
I’d say Mullins phone is ringing off the hook today 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:58am
He was involved in some controversy not so long ago too, think the horse in question won at Cheltenham Labik or something which became the focus of CAB because of the owners.

-------------

Posted By: wexfordman1
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:02am
Someone is out to get him finished last week the video about the bar this week the picture from 4 years ago he's an idiot but someone trying to do him

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Someone is out to get him finished last week the video about the bar this week the picture from 4 years ago he's an idiot but someone trying to do him
A woman scorned ?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:07am
It’s interesting timing if it is the case that someone is trying to hang him.

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He was involved in some controversy not so long ago too, think the horse in question won at Cheltenham Labik or something which became the focus of CAB because of the owners.
a few bogeys owned it

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:17am

Let’s not ruin the Cheltenham thread lads, ye can have your rants and vent your spleen in here about wrong doing in sport in general also.

There has been a few incidents in racing going back over the years, a couple that spring to mind is Martin pipe and Mickey Quinn, obviously loads more but that’s just off the top of head.

What did they do?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:18am

Hardly comparable? 

Also whoever he got to write/come up with his statement should be sacked too LOL “and without thinking I sat down” (on the body of the dead horse) “hearing a shout from my team I gestured to wait until I was finished” LOL

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
The picture is horrendous and his attempted excuse was just a joke. Suspect he’ll come through this though this unscathed though. A few winners at Cheltenham and all is forgotten 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Hardly comparable? 

Also whoever he got to write/come up with his statement should be sacked too LOL “and without thinking I sat down” (on the body of the dead horse) “hearing a shout from my team I gestured to wait until I was finished” LOL
Its not a comparison ya galute LOL Just saying training for drug pushers and criminals didn’t hurt him then.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:24am

Hardly comparable? 

Reminded me of the classic Wayne Hennessey I waved and shouted at the person taking the picture to get on with it and at the same time put my hand over my mouth to make the sound carry.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:30am

Hardly comparable? 

Its not a comparison ya galute LOL Just saying training for drug pushers and criminals didn’t hurt him then.
Fairly easy for him to plead ignorance to that 

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:49am

Hardly comparable? 

Very like the fai statement releasing them late a night in the hope they wouldn’t make the next days papers. 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:52am
I'd say Cheveley Park, JP McManus, Gigginstown and other big owners will be considering cutting ties with him now too, or at least will be under pressure to

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:01am
Could see Cheveley Park doing that alright.
Gigginstown are winding down so may do nothing.
Does JP have many with him? Struggling off the top of my head to name many.

He's purposely tried to ensure he doesn't have too many horses with one owner - In a case like this it will probably stand to him as most will probably stay put and not move their horses.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Could see Cheveley Park doing that alright.
Gigginstown are winding down so may do nothing.
Does JP have many with him? Struggling off the top of my head to name many.

He's purposely tried to ensure he doesn't have too many horses with one owner - In a case like this it will probably stand to him as most will probably stay put and not move their horses.

Think he has a few of JPs, he has recently enough had new owners The Moran’s who have a few with him too, be interesting to see how far this is pushed

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

It's absolutely sickening that gross malpractice and flagrant disregard for animal welfare is being rightly highlighted

What is the world coming to

It was sick how people jumped to conclusions that this real photograph was real, and not photoshopped

This is disgraceful victimising of Gordon Elliott - it reminds me of how Maria Bailey was treated

Brendan O'Connor will be interviewing Gordon next Saturday morning I hear, after Gordon has been in touch with his PR people to arrange a crisis management strategy - and then we'll hear the real story

These horrible animal welfare people and people in general are surely pushing good people to suicide by correctly highlighting gross and disgraceful treatment of animals

Who do they think they are, virtue signalling, sanctimonious snowflakes

You've lost me there Sid.
No evidence of any animal being mistreated. 

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:02pm
Bad news for Gordon Elliott today in that he's being humiliated in the national and international press over this photo with the dead horse, but on the upside he has signed a lucrative new deal to supply Larry Goodman Meats

On to the next chapter, as wellness industry influencer-influenced Twitterers say

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm

Bad news for Gordon Elliott today in that he's being humiliated in the national and international press over this photo with the dead horse, but on the upside he has signed a lucrative new deal to supply Larry Goodman Meats

On to the next chapter, as wellness industry influencer-influenced Twitterers say

Sid, you're normally a good man for pulling others up on here when they don't directly answer your points. So, I'll pull you up on this one. 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:10pm

Sid, you're normally a good man for pulling others up on here when they don't directly answer your points. So, I'll pull you up on this one. 
Instead of pulling me up, would you not force me to ride so hard that I got a heart attack?

Not in a sexual sense, you understand, although let's and see what comes out about Gordon on that score

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:14pm

Instead of pulling me up, would you not force me to ride so hard that I got a heart attack?

Not in a sexual sense, you understand, although let's and see what comes out about Gordon on that score

Thoroughbred horses are bred to run - They are not being mistreated by being made to run.
Think you've been engaging with Qewan too much on twitter and it's rubbing off!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:17pm

Thoroughbred horses are bred to run - They are not being mistreated by being made to run.
Think you've been engaging with Qewan too much on twitter and it's rubbing off!
Maybe sometimes it would be better to allow them walk or have a roll about in the hay - a bit like Gordon actually

-------------

Posted By: SeanyL
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:19pm
Betfair cutting ties with Elliott yet they won’t co-operate on the Charles Byrne investigation. 

I think sedating a horse with 100 times the recommended dosage and making it try jump a fence is a lot worse than sitting on a dead horse. 

Weird values. 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:30pm
Being dumped by Betfair is the moral equivalent of being dumped by MTK

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:43pm
Gigginstgown's (Michael O'Leary) statement is a bit more sympathetic than that of Cheveley Park's on the matter

O'Leary saving 35 euros a week after moving his horses from Willie Mullins and thats all that matters

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:47pm
Cheveley will move their horses so he will loose Envoi Allen. 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:49pm
Cheveley will defiantly move be interesting see how smaller owners will go 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Gigginstgown's (Michael O'Leary) statement is a bit more sympathetic than that of Cheveley Park's on the matter

O'Leary saving 35 euros a week after moving his horses from Willie Mullins and thats all that matters

It's actually a loss of €7.99 after Elliott's hidden fees for horse luggage, priority stable access and extra hay and polo mints are added on

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by SeanyL SeanyL wrote:

Betfair cutting ties with Elliott yet they won’t co-operate on the Charles Byrne investigation. 

I think sedating a horse with 100 times the recommended dosage and making it try jump a fence is a lot worse than sitting on a dead horse. 

Weird values. 
They fully cooperated with that investigation - the likes of Matt Chapman incorrectly sharing misinformation on this point. 
The issue was that I may set myself up as an agent to lay bets for people but I don't have to tell you who I'm getting the money from 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:06pm

It will probably depend on whether he is banned from racing for a period of time or not.
The business end of the season is coming up for National Hunt racing so if he is banned I can see owners pulling their horses. 

Who are the main owners in his yard, JP has a few but not too many, the Morans do also. Not sure if the Donnellys have any with him? Dont think so.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:08pm

It will probably depend on whether he is banned from racing for a period of time or not.
The business end of the season is coming up for National Hunt racing so if he is banned I can see owners pulling their horses. 

Who are the main owners in his yard, JP has a few but not too many, the Morans do also. Not sure if the Donnellys have any with him? Dont think so.
As I mentioned above he has purposely tried to have a large group of owners to ensure that if one chose to leave then it wouldn't sink him.
The Moran's sponsor his yard so if they go that would still have a big impact. 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:09pm

Weird values. 
They fully cooperated with that investigation - the likes of Matt Chapman incorrectly sharing misinformation on this point. 
The issue was that I may set myself up as an agent to lay bets for people but I don't have to tell you who I'm getting the money from 

Not according to Charles. 
https://www.racingpost.com/news/charles-byrnes-i-dont-lay-horses-i-back-horses/472203" rel="nofollow - https://www.racingpost.com/news/charles-byrnes-i-dont-lay-horses-i-back-horses/472203

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:11pm

Weird values. 

Not according to Charles. 
https://www.racingpost.com/news/charles-byrnes-i-dont-lay-horses-i-back-horses/472203" rel="nofollow - https://www.racingpost.com/news/charles-byrnes-i-dont-lay-horses-i-back-horses/472203

I think it is well in the public domain that he isn't correct on this point.
And before anybody asks, I've no connection with Flutter and have no reason to defend them!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:47pm
This is the last thing horse racing needs, all over the national news, a year after the criticism they took (rightly) for having Cheltenham festival with spectators as the pandemic was just beginning 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:51pm

This is the last thing horse racing needs, all over the national news, a year after the criticism they took (rightly) for having Cheltenham festival with spectators as the pandemic was just beginning 

You are right that this is the last thing that racing needs - Paints a very negative picture which will colour some public opinion.
But you are wrong on the Cheltenham point from last year. The UK Government did not tell them to cancel and it was the government advice at the point that it could go ahead: The fault lies there. 

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:57pm
Have met Gordon a few times over the years on boats and at the races and always very friendly! One time in 2009 he was on the way to Ludlow and got a lovely winner from him. He’s not from the usual racing background which was always a good thing about him! The photo is obviously very disappointing as is his excuse.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:39pm
Cheveley park have moved their horses to Henry de Bromhead very interesting 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm

Where are you seeing this?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:15pm

Where are you seeing this?

Have a lot of family in racing its been told around elliott banned from training in England now wouldn't guarantee de Bromhead but I would be 95 percent certain 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:33pm
Confirmed. BHA won't allow him to run horses in the UK while he's under investigation here

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/british-horseracing-acts-over-gordon-elliott-image/" rel="nofollow - https://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/british-horseracing-acts-over-gordon-elliott-image/

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:42pm
Does anyone else think this is all a bit over the top? Yes it was a moronic thing to do but should he loose the business he has built up the last fifteen years because of it? To my knowledge there has never been animal welfare issues with the stable.

It really is trial by media. Racing has always had a bad image with non racing people so there are plenty sticking the knife in now. And as for Mick Fitzgerald with tears in his eyes on tv..... 

I think the Charles Byrnes affair was way worse than this and it didn’t get a fraction of the media attention. 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:45pm

Does anyone else think this is all a bit over the top? Yes it was a moronic thing to do but should he loose the business he has built up the last fifteen years because of it? To my knowledge there has never been animal welfare issues with the stable.

It really is trial by media. Racing has always had a bad image with non racing people so there are plenty sticking the knife in now. And as for Mick Fitzgerald with tears in his eyes on tv..... 

I think the Charles Byrnes affair was way worse than this and it didn’t get a fraction of the media attention. 

It was a rotten enough thing to do the picture shows that I can see your point entirely but this is sort of thing authorities will always come down hard on simple as

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:48pm

It was a rotten enough thing to do the picture shows that I can see your point entirely but this is sort of thing authorities will always come down hard on simple as

Well he has lost his Betfair sponsorship, will more than likely loose the Chevley horses and now looks like he won’t have any runner in Cheltenham. That seems punishment enough for me. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:55pm
disappointed at the lack of horsey puns 

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:57pm
He’s only banned from having runners in GB until after the Irish horse racing board investigate, which is expected to be done promptly
He’ll have runners at Cheltenham 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:59pm

He’s only banned from having runners in GB until after the Irish horse racing board investigate, which is expected to be done promptly

Could they extend the ban after the IHRB probe? If the IHRB just issue a fine for example and the BHA are not happy could they ban him from Uk racing anyway for a period of time ?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:01pm

Well he has lost his Betfair sponsorship, will more than likely loose the Chevley horses and now looks like he won’t have any runner in Cheltenham. That seems punishment enough for me. 
Good point will be very interesting to see if this looms over him in long term I personally don't feel he will ever be as strong and he shouldn't be but I'm not to sure how he will rebuild from this or can he rebuild from this

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm

No he won't Ihrb will almost certainly give him a ban longer than two weeks

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:18pm
He’ll appeal it I think though and be allowed runners until that appeal is heard, like Charles Byrne has been

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:25pm
Could he hand the licence over to his assistant or something to get around the ban? I’m sure there will be a few horses trained by Mrs C Byrnes running in Cheltenham 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:38pm
Just so Many question marks around this but can't see the bha letting him near a UK racecourse in the near future far more strict with this but could he running everything behind the scenes and just not be seen near racecourse with another persons licence 

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:41pm
I don’t really know how it’s trial by media? When you f**k up you need to hold your hands up and take what’s coming. 
The bigger thing is.... usually a leak starts with a trickle before the full flow, it’s what will come out in the next few days that will do the most damage. 
At the end of the day if it does all go tits up he has no one to blame but himself. For the sport I hope there’s nothing else in his closet cause it’ll ruin him & ruin Cheltenham if there is 

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:29pm
How many people would work for him? Has covid hit the profession hard in terms of job loses and people being furloughed?

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:31pm

Could he hand the licence over to his assistant or something to get around the ban? 
Daniel Kinahan perhaps

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How many people would work for him? Has covid hit the profession hard in terms of job loses and people being furloughed?

No since June 1st 2020 it has been able to run smoothly and safely the point to point scene has been cancelled so tough on all point to point trainers but trade for horses is still good and not many job losses in track yards

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:13pm
Apparently his girlfriend the one that's hellbent on bringing him down. He was caught playing with a young filly

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Apparently his girlfriend the one that's hellbent on bringing him down. He was caught playing with a young filly
She won the Irish Grand National in 2002

Look it up

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:20pm
Seems a huge overreaction compared to the tens of thousands of families and lives ruined by the industry which horse racing services. The horse was dead ffs.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:27pm

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

She won the Irish Grand National in 2002

Look it up
You might have the wrong year

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:33pm
The Bunny Boiler, okay Sid we get yaThumbs Up

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:10pm
He wont be at Cheltenham this year lads the BHA have seen to that now, they don't want his name or face anywhere near it, the horses he trains yes i am sure there will be a way around that, The IHRB will be burning the midnight oil tonight some headache for them again they have no other option now but to give him a lenghty ban I can't see any other way out of it to be honest, his career is on the line now for sure, the horse was Morgan owned by Gigginstown the gelding won 4 of his 21 starts and died of a heart aneurysm as a seven year old in 2019 so the photo is not as old as was suggested. Too bad anywayUnhappy

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:22am
what happens to all the horses that retire ? Do they end up in horsey heaven 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The male ones might be moved to stud which basically means they are treated like royalty and every so often get to do the business with a few mares. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The male ones might be moved to stud which basically means they are treated like royalty and every so often get to do the business with a few mares. 

Nearly all jumps horses are gelded so wouldn't be much use if moved to stud. 

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:05am
Another video doing the rounds of Wexford jockey rob james jumping on dead horse at colin bowes yard looks much worse because the lads are laughing 

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:15am
Kinda reminds me of the Fr. Ted line "He’s lost the trust of his sheep. That’s punishment enough... for a farmer who deals primarily in sheep". His real punishment will come from horse owners, how many of them will not want their horses anywhere near him either from animal welfare point of view or being associated with the image.

I'm pretty sure this isn't an isolated thing, things like this tend to show us the real person, he's just disgusted that someone took and leaked the photo.

For an average punter, get him to sit out the rest of the season, by Cheltenham 2022 this will be a footnote.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:24am

I don’t really know how it’s trial by media? When you f**k up you need to hold your hands up and take what’s coming. 
The bigger thing is.... usually a leak starts with a trickle before the full flow, it’s what will come out in the next few days that will do the most damage. 
At the end of the day if it does all go tits up he has no one to blame but himself. For the sport I hope there’s nothing else in his closet cause it’ll ruin him & ruin Cheltenham if there is 

To be fair to him he has held his hands up and accepted he is going to be punished.

As a matter of interest, what do people think is a suitable punishment, should he be barred from racing for life and give up his livelihood and the livelihood of his sixty odd staff for one stupid moment? 

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:28am

To be fair to him he has held his hands up and accepted he is going to be punished.

As a matter of interest, what do people think is a suitable punishment, should he be barred from racing for life and give up his livelihood and the livelihood of his sixty odd staff for one stupid moment? 

No real precedent here. He won't be banned for life. 
Maybe a 3 month ban and a large fine if the investigation doesn't find any evidence of mistreatment of animals which I doubt it would. 

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:31am

He didn’t though he came up with a laughable excuse. 

No I don’t think a lifetime ban is in order either, I’m more pissed off with the damage he (and now others) have done to the sport. 

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:39am
so what happens the horseys when their racing career is over 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:46am
Most mares go to stud and the better flat horses go to stud where they enjoy themselves covering mares for a living.
The gelded jumping horses a lot of them go hunting after retirement or used to help young jockeys they continue to be ridden out until they're in there late teens because nearly all horses enjoy it then most just go live in a field all summer and stay in stables in the winter.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:59am

As a matter of interest, what do people think is a suitable punishment, should he be barred from racing for life and give up his livelihood and the livelihood of his sixty odd staff for one stupid moment
Was it tho? Or was this the first that he was caught doing and he's really been doing this for years

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:03am

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Nearly all jumps horses are gelded so wouldn't be much use if moved to stud. 

Is that what happened the scientist 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As a matter of interest, what do people think is a suitable punishment, should he be barred from racing for life and give up his livelihood and the livelihood of his sixty odd staff for one stupid moment
Was it tho? Or was this the first that he was caught doing and he's really been doing this for years

I know there are rumors on other things to come out, but surely Gigginstown would have asked him the question before releasing their statement. So you would hope there is nothing else lurking in the background. 

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:08am

Most mares go to stud and the better flat horses go to stud where they enjoy themselves covering mares for a living.
The gelded jumping horses a lot of them go hunting after retirement or used to help young jockeys they continue to be ridden out until they're in there late teens because nearly all horses enjoy it then most just go live in a field all summer and stay in stables in the winter.

Also, there are a number of rehoming schemes both in the UK and Ireland that find homes for horses after racing.
Had a leg in a horse for a short while and followed him after he was sold to other owners. When he was retired he was rehomed somebody who rides him out for exercise every day on the beach near to where they live. 

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:25am
Tiger Roll withdrawn from the Aintree Grand National supposedly over an "Unfair Weight"  I sh*t you not LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:29am

I know there are rumors on other things to come out, but surely Gigginstown would have asked him the question before releasing their statement. So you would hope there is nothing else lurking in the background. 

What i was told this morning " if his treatment of women come out he could end up in real trouble  " now just what i was told by a lad .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Tiger Roll withdrawn from the Aintree Grand National supposedly over an "Unfair Weight"  I sh*t you not LOL

The O'Learys have said for some time they would do this so no surprise really.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

What i was told this morning " if his treatment of women come out he could end up in real trouble  " now just what i was told by a lad .

Is a post going around that would back this up Murph will be interesting to see what else comes out over the next few weeks

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:10pm
Its funny how when a story or two comes out and all of a sudden the whole world knows a lad "who knows or heard something" good grief.

Most wouldn't know the half of what does or doesn't go on in yards or anywhere else.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Its funny how when a story or two comes out and all of a sudden the whole world knows a lad "who knows or heard something" good grief.

Most wouldn't know the half of what does or doesn't go on in yards or anywhere else.

Exactly, i have seen the video of the "shebeen" but all show is GE drinking, no indication of when the video was taken or anything so no proof it was during lock down.

And like I said, the O'Leary's wouldn't have released this statement without ensuring there was no more to come. Time will tell i suppose.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:24pm
Some former stable girl of Elliotts came out on social media to say she wasnt surprised at this and he was a horrible man to work for (heard this before from a friend of mine who worked for him)
Claims he would slap her ass and pull her nipples while she was trying to do her job at a racecourse on occasion. 

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:28pm

Post I referred to was made by an ex employee of his I don't know ins and outs of it all hence why haven't posted it here anyone that wants to see it can find it online themselves. If what's been said is true the shebeen and even the horse picture is the least of his worries

And if the type of behaviour that's mentioned goes on in yards or anywhere else in the horse world then I'm happy I've nothing to do with the industry

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:31pm
As it stands in regard to her comments Baggio, its her word against his so I'm not going to comment on whether I believe its true or not. (If it is true then there's no condoning it)

On the other side of what you said re your friend, Elliott has managed to keep hold of a huge number of staff over the last number of years and I know this because I've dealings them on a daily basis. 

It is ironic how when one story breaks numerous other stories tend to then, yet you wouldn't hear many talking about their experiences prior?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:33pm

Some former stable girl of Elliotts came out on social media to say she wasnt surprised at this and he was a horrible man to work for (heard this before from a friend of mine who worked for him)
Claims he would slap her ass and pull her nipples while she was trying to do her job at a racecourse on occasion. 
If that sort of stuff gains traction he's finished

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Post I referred to was made by an ex employee of his I don't know ins and outs of it all hence why haven't posted it here anyone that wants to see it can find it online themselves. If what's been said is true the shebeen and even the horse picture is the least of his worries

And if the type of behaviour that's mentioned goes on in yards or anywhere else in the horse world then I'm happy I've nothing to do with the industry

You must be very naive if you think that a yard in the horse racing industry is any worse than what could go on in an office, school, dressing room etc 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:41pm

You must be very naive if you think that a yard in the horse racing industry is any worse than what could go on in an office, school, dressing room etc 

Ffs I don't know many offices that the alleged behaviour would be seen as acceptable. If that makes me naive then so be it but in 2021 didn't think many would see it as acceptable behaviour (again maybe that makes me naive)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:43pm

Ffs I don't know many offices that the alleged behaviour would be seen as acceptable. If that makes me naive then so be it but in 2021 didn't think many would see it as acceptable behaviour (again maybe that makes me naive)

Where did I say it was acceptable Confused

I merely stated that you must be naive if you don't think stuff like what that girl stated (which hasnt been proven true as of yet) doesn't take place in the likes of offices, shops etc.

I would hedge a bet that hundreds of these incidents take place throughout the country on a daily basis in the workplace or elsewhere.

Whether they're seen as playful fun or disgusting or wrong etc that's completely upto the individual. Obviously its wrong in my eyes!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:45pm
What’s your opinion on what actually happened GD, you’ve given us your opinion on what is rumoured to have happened

Posted By: sausy

There have been some good office stories posted on here over the years.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Public shaming of men who engage in this sort of behaviour in the workplace is absolutely appropriate

That's the only way it stops

-------------

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Was an unfair weight in fairness, barely got round 2m 4 in Navan

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:49pm
I know it hasn't been proven true yet hence why I said it is alleged.

I would be surprised if females are getting arses slapped and nipples twisted in many office settings maybe I just not around the right offices during the week. Will go back to my original point that if these claims prove to be true then he has bigger issues than the horse pic and shebeen video (which btw I believe will be blown out of proportion as bad as they look)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:52pm

I would be surprised if females are getting arses slapped and nipples twisted in many office settings maybe I just not around the right offices during the week. Will go back to my original point that if these claims prove to be true then he has bigger issues than the horse pic and shebeen video (which btw I believe will be blown out of proportion as bad as they look)

I'd say the arse slap is still extremely common in the workplace.

Oh and I agree 100% if he's found guilty of sexual harassment he's in deep trouble.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:14pm
Cheveley moving their horses as expected. Henry and Mullins picking them up. Envoi goes to Henry.

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:18pm
Happy for Henry really nice guy 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:41pm

Maybe part of the same story i was told , but there are times when something breaks other come out to what happened to them .

If anyone saw the Max Ciifford thing on Channel 4 last night , it just took one person to tell the police what went on then others came out ..

Now RB if the story is right or wrong i think we will soon find out .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:53pm

Oh and I agree 100% if he's found guilty of sexual harassment he's in deep trouble.

I'd strongly doubt that LOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I'd strongly doubt that LOL

You think? I don't know now from working in offices and sports shops etc down through the years it was commonplace.

Not saying the whole place would be at every second or anything mind.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net