You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Whelan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 159>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Grew up in Palmerstown and went to Lorcans Cool
He's from Clondalkin, his mot's from Parmo.

Not sure if he went to Lorcans, did you ?

You probably got the teacher sacked LOL

He went to Pobalscoil.

Can't remember where but I've seen him say before that he went to Lorcan's.
I know Adam Rooney went to Lorcans.

Read a book before called "The Boy in the Attic" and it said that former pupils of Lorcan's included Jeff Kenna, Glenn Whelan, and Joe Dufffaaayyyyy.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 11:23pm
Going on tonight's performances, he should stick about another while. He is far from the answer, but each & every one of his replacements (not just tonight) have been even worse. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Going on tonight's performances, he should stick about another while. He is far from the answer, but each & every one of his replacements (not just tonight) have been even worse. 

I think that is why he hasn't retired.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 11:26pm

Was by far our best midfielder for the half hour he featured.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 1:31am
Glenn's time with us is up. I'd be surprised if he adds to his considerable cap haul. But as I've said before on this thread, in regards to his endeavors for club and country; if fellas with twice his ability could only apply themselves as he did, we could have a team of world beaters.

Glenn's career is a triumph of effort surpassing limited ability. 
Few of his performances were truly memorable, but virtually all of appearances were of value to the team. A fitting send-off in a nondescript game.
ClapClapClap
robbie64 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbie64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 5:41am
 Yes could not agree more  than that glen gave always 100 % . A proud irishman .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 6:31am

100% agree. He won't be in any future squads obviously but he's probably still our best midfielder, especially in the role he plays (possibly McCarthy aside). 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

100% agree. He won't be in any future squads obviously but he's probably still our best midfielder, especially in the role he plays (possibly McCarthy aside). 
Who is this McCarthy lad?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 7:13pm
Scores a belter!

Joking aside, an absolute howler from Randolph.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 12:30pm
Image result for just when i thought i was out meme
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 1:19pm
bravo.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
Welcome aboard Glenn. It's like a new bright dawn in Irish football for all LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm
I could understand if we were playing Denmark away and were down a lot of bodies in centre midfield, but ffs away to Gibraltar and we're calling up Whelan. 

We should have enough to cope with Georgia at home also mind.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Image result for just when i thought i was out meme

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I could understand if we were playing Denmark away and were down a lot of bodies in centre midfield, but ffs away to Gibraltar and we're calling up Whelan. 

We have nobody else though! Meyler's been picked for his performances on FIFA.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

We have nobody else though! Meyler's been picked for his performances on FIFA.

LOL
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:00pm
Glenn is trending on Twitter......just behind Karen Bradley, Man Utd, World Book Day and Ajax
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 159>
  Share Topic