You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Referendum 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

You honestly don't like being corrected but please point out to me where married people get superior tax credits to two single people?

The ONLY difference is the sharing of unused credits and bands if you opt for joint assessment and where one party earns less than the standard rate cut off point.

Exactly. If you are cohabiting you cannot do that.  That is where married people get preferential treatment to a non married couple living together.  A cohabiting couple do not have that option, even though they could be living together for years or more.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You honestly don't like being corrected but please point out to me where married people get superior tax credits to two single people?

The ONLY difference is the sharing of unused credits and bands if you opt for joint assessment and where one party earns less than the standard rate cut off point.

Exactly. If you are cohabiting you cannot do that.  That is where married people get preferential treatment to a non married couple living together.  A cohabiting couple do not have that option, even though they could be living together for years or more.  

Sorry. But this is not what you have said. To quote you "superior tax credits".
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:47pm

Sorry. But this is not what you have said. To quote you "superior tax credits".

Ok tom replace tax credits with treatment and you get what I mean.  

However let’s talk about the real bug bears of society like disposal of plastic bottles rather than real life issues which is the equal treatment of families and the states disregard for families and kids born outside of marriage despite the fact that 40% of kids are born outside marriage.  

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Mar 2024 at 7:48pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:49pm
Do you agree that non married couples should have the same obligations to each other as married couples other if they break up?

Edited by Saint Tom - 12 Mar 2024 at 7:49pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:51pm

Do you agree that non married couples should have the same obligations to each as married couples other if they break up?

Yeah no problem at all.  If there are kids involved they do anyway.  If they are not married but have being living together there are responsibilities also whether they are married or not.  There are property rights even if they are not married.  

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Mar 2024 at 7:51pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:51pm

Do you agree that non married couples should have the same obligations to each as married couples other if they break up?

Yeah no problem at all.  If there are kids involved they do anyway.  If they are not married but have being living together there are responsibilities also whether they are married or not.  There are property rights regardless if they are married even if they are not married.  

They don't anyway. I've already explained the differences to you.

This extends well beyond property rights.

Edited by Saint Tom - 12 Mar 2024 at 7:52pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:57pm

Yeah no problem at all.  If there are kids involved they do anyway.  If they are not married but have being living together there are responsibilities also whether they are married or not.  There are property rights regardless if they are married even if they are not married.  

They don't anyway. I've already explained the differences to you.

This extends well beyond property rights.

Tom you asked me a question and I answered it honestly as I said zero issues with the same things applying to cohabiting couples who are considered a durable relationship.  This not about unmarried people trying to pull off a scam or trying to have their cake and eat it.  There are many different types of
Families out there and the state does not recognise this and the Irish people have turned around to those people and said we don’t think your family is a family.  Fair play to you for voting yes.   When people set up home together and have kids and are in a long term stable relationship there should be the same responsibilities/rights as a married couple. 

For the life of me I don’t really get why some people want to control others peoples lives and stop them doing something or having rights that have no impact on them.  Like the people who voted no for divorce or no the same sex marriage  referendum.  I just don’t get why anyone would want to interfere in others peoples lives.  

The mistake gov made on this was not having the legislation ready for it like they did on many other social referendums.  

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Mar 2024 at 8:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 12:57am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Do many people in that situation really give a sh*te whether the government calls them a family or not ? If I called you a c**t Baldrick, would you be bothered by it ? 

You do know the constitution is not the Government speaking but the people. So it’s not the that the government don’t recognise non married families as families but it’s fellow Irish citizens not recognising non married families as families.  That’s a point that seems lost on you.  There are both practical and philosophical aspects to that.  2 out of every 3 people you meet every day think your family are not actually a family unless they are part of a married couple.  It’s so archaic and backward and it is a huge set back to those who actually care passionately about it. Unfortunately not enough of these stories were told.  

The constitution is there the Irish people set out their values and beliefs.  The rules and regulations and terms and conditions are not in the constitution.  That is why often when they are doing amendments they will follow it up with legislation so people will understand what will actually happen if the amendments are passed.  That was not done here and it caused all sorts of conditions and hysterical theories where thrown about to convince people to vote no.  

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Mar 2024 at 1:02am
AKA pedantic kunt
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 2:01am

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Do many people in that situation really give a sh*te whether the government calls them a family or not ? If I called you a c**t Baldrick, would you be bothered by it ? 

You do know the constitution is not the Government speaking but the people. So it’s not the that the government don’t recognise non married families as families but it’s fellow Irish citizens not recognising non married families as families.  That’s a point that seems lost on you.  There are both practical and philosophical aspects to that.  2 out of every 3 people you meet every day think your family are not actually a family unless they are part of a married couple.  It’s so archaic and backward and it is a huge set back to those who actually care passionately about it. Unfortunately not enough of these stories were told.  

The constitution is there the Irish people set out their values and beliefs.  The rules and regulations and terms and conditions are not in the constitution.  That is why often when they are doing amendments they will follow it up with legislation so people will understand what will actually happen if the amendments are passed.  That was not done here and it caused all sorts of conditions and hysterical theories where thrown about to convince people to vote no.  
There's a reason they didn't draw up the legislation first. This government can't be trusted. Draw up the legalisation, make it crystal clear what's happening and people will consider it. How anyone would give the government the benefit of the doubt at this stage is beyond me unless you live in the south Dublin bubble.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The Ditch is funded by Paddy Cosgrave.
Hard left site that have dug up some decent stories

Yea paddy cosgrave multi millionaire capitalist entrepreneur conspiracy theorist is hard left 😂😂😂

You saying the Ditch is not hard left?

No it’s not hard left.  It’s anti establishment 

Shocked

https://twitter.com/wereontheditch/status/1783844969104453823?t=KU3FR-sqv0MTro9CMYOjAA&s=19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic