You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away Aveiro June 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 6 minutes ago at 12:52pm

All who applied in time will be allocated tickets for Portugal away.  Invoices should be out in the next seven days.  We will have over 800 fans travelling to Aveiro. 

Sponsored Links

EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 59 minutes ago at 12:59pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

All who applied in time will be allocated tickets for Portugal away.  Invoices should be out in the next seven days.  We will have over 800 fans travelling to Aveiro. 

Thanks Gary

Decent numbers travelling 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 35 minutes ago at 2:23pm
Anyone getting the train from Porto to Aviero?

Looking at Omio and it's throwing errors. And https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/buy-tickets has a tight change which I would like to avoid.

I'd assume there is direct trains from San Bento to Aviero.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 28 minutes ago at 2:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Looking at Omio and it's throwing errors. And https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/buy-tickets has a tight change which I would like to avoid.

Used the CP site to book tickets from Lisbon and it was fine.
Thought the train from Porto was a straight train though
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 18 minutes ago at 2:40pm

Train from Porto is straight forward. Omio just seems to be giving you the fastest option and discounting the local urban train

You only need to book the intercity trains that take about 40 minutes or so.

The local train takes just over an hour and goes every hour from Campanha . No need to buy a ticket for it in advance, €3.80 on the day. Not every train goes through to San Bento, some are just to/from Campanha to Averio but the local urban train most of them run through to San Bento.

Campanha is probably the easier of the 2 if coming from the airport as it's on the airport metro line

https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/train-times if you use the train times it'll include the urban train, the buy tickets link you posted doesn't as it's only for the highspeed intercity trains

Edited by wanderer - 3 hours 54 minutes ago at 3:04pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 19 minutes ago at 4:39pm
I'm staying Porto on the Sunday night - and have a hotel right next to San Bento - so was hoping to just waltz into the train station with a pre booked ticket straight to Aviero (without transfers).
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 3 minutes ago at 4:55pm

Some numbers, although I'd imagine a good few are harvesters. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 55 minutes ago at 5:03pm

I'm staying Porto on the Sunday night - and have a hotel right next to San Bento - so was hoping to just waltz into the train station with a pre booked ticket straight to Aviero (without transfers).
You can get the urban train straight to Aveiro from San Bento
No need for a pre booked ticket, just over an hour. Seems to leave at 5 minutes to the hour according to the train times on the Portuguese railway website 

Check the times section on the home page and not the buy ticket option as this only gives you the intercity trains.

Edited by wanderer - 1 hour 52 minutes ago at 5:06pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 49 minutes ago at 5:09pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Some numbers, although I'd imagine a good few are harvesters. 
Tbh I think most will just book their summer holidays around this.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 43 minutes ago at 5:15pm
Last train back to Porto from Aveiro seems to be 11.25pm. Surely that's well doable for fans with a (I'm assuming) 7.45pm KO, even though the stadium seems a bit outside the city? 
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 37 minutes ago at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Last train back to Porto from Aveiro seems to be 11.25pm. Surely that's well doable for fans with a (I'm assuming) 7.45pm KO, even though the stadium seems a bit outside the city? 
Another at 23:59 as well

Doable for sure but most seem to be staying in Averio the night of the game 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 29 minutes ago at 5:29pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Anybody I know who is going is staying in Aveiro. 
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 minutes ago at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Anybody I know who is going is staying in Aveiro. 

23.59, that's good to know. I'd say there will be a few heading back, it's only an hour away, dead handy. Will head to Aveiro early enough and get the whole day out of it.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic