Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English fa cup 2023/2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I personally believe you should be still on side if there is no gap between you and the other player, I.e. being level is fine, even if your foot is ahead. Would clear things up much more and take away from the whole 'parts of the body that can score goals need to be behind the other player'. Might mean you have a situation where someone's outstretched arm keeps someone on side but so be it. It would also be an advantage to see more goals then not chalked off.

You'd still have the same problem though, you've just moved the decision line on a bit. If you're looking for a gap, you'll be looking for a gap between the outstretched arm and the other players heel.

No my point more is that people are being called off side now where in the past it would have been considered "he is level". 

Now you could be running side by side with someone but your knee, face or dick, could be ever so slightly ahead of the lines and it gets called back.

It was the blatantly obvious offsides that were wrong back in the day that were the annoying ones, not the marginal ones where a foot was slightly ahead.

Not sure what this new automated offiside thing will be like.  Assume it's based on the line system too

Wots this Jeff??
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic