You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

The Munster Hurling Championship Clap
Overhyped again. One team hammering another team by 15 points 
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

In defence of the championship, said team is fairly awesome. Looks like the entire championship is somewhat academic.
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 8:59am

Tuck your lip in son. 

4 games in, 3 of 4 games were crackers. Even the Limerick game yesterday was enjoyable to watch, along with seeing probably the greatest team of all time take asunder the bin dippers. The Tipp Waterford game will be another cracker next week. 

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 10:42am
2 from 2 and probably looking fine for the knock outs, bar taking a hiding in Cork and at home to Waterford. Casey is a huge loss for the season, poor lad has no luck with injuries. Big chance for O'Dalaigh to start the next day out against Cork. 

Tipp were atrocious. Worst I've ever seen them. Nice to give them a skinning, we've been on the other side enough times - the All Ireland semi final in 2009 springs to mind. Cahill fairly fired the players under the bus after the game. Can't see anything but a Waterford rampage Saturday evening. 

Limerick, Waterford, Clare to get out of Munster. If Limerick beat Cork, they'll probably be in a Munster final and might rotate team for last game vs Waterford which could Waterford sneaking in ahead of Clare in a Munster final. The Clare v Waterford game in Ennis is going to be huge. 

Fair dues Antrim beating Wexford, great chance to get out of Leinster now if they can beat the Dubs in Parnell Park 

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 10:58am
i actually think if we win this Saturday, it basically puts Cork and Tipp out of the championship. I don't think Davy will want a Munster final and would prefer to go the back door route. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:10pm

Tuck your lip in son. 

4 games in, 3 of 4 games were crackers. Even the Limerick game yesterday was enjoyable to watch, along with seeing probably the greatest team of all time take asunder the bin dippers. The Tipp Waterford game will be another cracker next week. 

3 great games in the Leinster Hurling championship this weekend but you don’t hear the same hype about it compared to Munster! The Limerick-Tipp game wasn’t enjoyable it was like a challenge match for the last 20 minutes. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 2:16pm
Cork are a pity. They handed the game to Clare yesterday.
The keeper needs to go. His distribution is horrendous. Responsible for at least 1-10 of what Clare scored and a fair proportion of what Waterford scored last week too.
Stupid red card too. They are their own worst enemy.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Cork are a pity. They handed the game to Clare yesterday.
The keeper needs to go. His distribution is horrendous. Responsible for at least 1-10 of what Clare scored and a fair proportion of what Waterford scored last week too.
Stupid red card too. They are their own worst enemy.

I just caught the highlights last night. Was that a red card tho? Bit soft i thought.

Edited by doherty - 29 Apr 2024 at 3:43pm
I love beer gardens
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 3:38pm
It was a second yellow and absolutely headless, especially from the captain. 

Cork will be praying for a Tipp win on Saturday night but can't see it. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

It was a second yellow and absolutely headless, especially from the captain. 

Cork will be praying for a Tipp win on Saturday night but can't see it. 

Spot on.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 2:15am

i actually think if we win this Saturday, it basically puts Cork and Tipp out of the championship. I don't think Davy will want a Munster final and would prefer to go the back door route. 

As in.. throw a game to secure 3rd over 2nd? Do you know how complicated a message that would be to a group of players..? Unless you mean he'd keep it to himself and pray that they lose a game?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

As in.. throw a game to secure 3rd over 2nd? Do you know how complicated a message that would be to a group of players..? Unless you mean he'd keep it to himself and pray that they lose a game?

I’d much prefer to finish 3rd than head into a Munster Final vs Limerick. Going the finishing 3rd route, we’d play our last game vs Limerick on 26th May, then play Laois / Kerry on the 15th of June and then vs Kilkenny/ Galway on 22nd June. There’s a good month there to get things right between the Limerick game and the Kilkenny/ Galway game. If successful then, we’d then have our first free hit at Limerick in the All-Ireland Semi Final. I don't think you'll get 2 shots at Limerick. I'd give away a Munster medal any day of the week to beat Limerick in an All Ireland semi. It's basically the path of least resistance. Now this is all hypothetically speaking, we have to beat Tipp on Saturday. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 21 minutes ago at 5:36pm
The closer we get to Saturday evening, the more of a chance I'm giving Tipp to bate Mushy's Men. No doubt, they were abject against us on Sunday but I think there has to be a kick in Tipp and I could see Forde and Morris in particular cutting loose. Not sure the deise have much to fear on the bench either. 

(Cue - Waterford winning by 10)  

Fancy a draw in Wexford v Galway in the other game
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic