URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58751
Printed Date: 17 May 2024 at 1:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA Hurling
Posted By: deco911
Subject: GAA Hurling
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 7:00pm
Great win for us today.

Hegarty and Casey who have been pivotal neither scoring today.

Glad league is over now and really looking forward to championship.

3 new managers in Munster so reckon it will be a hotbed. Fancy our chances again this year. Been incredible success last few years so each win is in bonus territory now.

Replies:
Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:32am
Aboy Deco, agreed. This might come back to bite me in the arse but more confident this year than last year with Lynch and Casey back as well as the likes of O'Neill, Coughlan, English pushing for starting slots. 

Think Clare will be on our heels again - might be Lohan's last year so they'll give it everything and think they'll get out of Munster. Last slot will be a dog fight. 

Leinster - hard to know where Galway are at as they didn't lift a finger in the league. They'll breeze out of Leinster as should Kilkenny. Toss up between the Dubs under MOD and Wexford for the last slot.

Can't wait - nothing beats the hurling championship.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 28 May 2023 at 3:45pm
Some game wexford vs. Kilkenny. 

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:37pm
Can anyone give a summary of the state of play in the Leinster and Munster hurling championships?

How many go through, likely quarter finalists etc 

Posted By: Benhur
Date Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:25pm
leister.. Galway and Kilkenny leister final .. Dublin through to back door .... in Munter Clare v Limerick final and Tipp through to back door 

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 8:51am
Absolute belter of a weekend in GAA, great matches in both sports across the country

Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:33am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Aboy Deco, agreed. This might come back to bite me in the arse but more confident this year than last year with Lynch and Casey back as well as the likes of O'Neill, Coughlan, English pushing for starting slots. 

Think Clare will be on our heels again - might be Lohan's last year so they'll give it everything and think they'll get out of Munster. Last slot will be a dog fight. 

Leinster - hard to know where Galway are at as they didn't lift a finger in the league. They'll breeze out of Leinster as should Kilkenny. Toss up between the Dubs under MOD and Wexford for the last slot.

I nearly poxed us with this prediction but we are back in another Munster final agin' the Banner. Tickets will be like gold dust. Could fill Croker for it. Based on current form, you'd say it could be the second of three games between Clare and Limerick - the third will be the AI Final.

Tough for Cork who showed serious mettle this year. I think they will be a force for the next few years - decent manager and a conveyor belt of talent coming through. Expect their 20s to obliterate Offaly next weekend in the AI Final. Four point handicap is very soft. Ben O'Connor's last game before turning to rugby full time. 

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 9:50am

I nearly poxed us with this prediction but we are back in another Munster final agin' the Banner. Tickets will be like gold dust. Could fill Croker for it. Based on current form, you'd say it could be the second of three games between Clare and Limerick - the third will be the AI Final.

Tough for Cork who showed serious mettle this year. I think they will be a force for the next few years - decent manager and a conveyor belt of talent coming through. Expect their 20s to obliterate Offaly next weekend in the AI Final. Four point handicap is very soft. Ben O'Connor's last game before turning to rugby full time. 

Didn’t you’s think that last year and then Kilkenny bet you out the gate by half time.

Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 1:43pm

Talk is will be in Cork either way a fantastic occasion. We looked well off pace this year (well off pace by our own standards). Lynch doesn’t look fit I’m not sure if he just on tender hooks since long lay off or is only building up. Great to see Hego get on ball yesterday and score a few. Whatever happens this year since as last and year before we are in bonus territory.
Unreal action everywhere yesterday would have been deserving of the red button on RTÉ of there was one.
Waterford were beat before the match was even played. Folk and media were totally forgetting Cahill history with Waterford players.
Roll on Munster final now and all Ireland series.

Posted By: trevwaterford
Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 4:19pm
Good win for Waterford and will lift morale after 6 championship defeats in a row. We needed to stop the rot so that win will give a bit of hope looking to next year. Hopefully Davy Fitzgerald and selectors will learn from yesterday not to overcomplicate the game and keep good forwards like Dessie Hutchinson close to goal instead of having them way out the field.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:52pm
One of the best Munster championships ever and the final still to come. If there was a 60k stadium on the border you'd fill it for this. Hopefully another cracker. Leinster had quite the finished between the last two rounds also. 

Posted By: Bonehead24
Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 1:32pm

I wouldn't fancy Clare to win a game of any sort in Croker. Think they put all eggs into the Munster basket and not sure they have the legs for wide open Croker. 

Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

I wouldn't fancy Clare to win a game of any sort in Croker. Think they put all eggs into the Munster basket and not sure they have the legs for wide open Croker
Dimensions of Croke Park - 145 * 88 m
Dimensions of Cusack Park Ennis - 145 * 90m

Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I wouldn't fancy Clare to win a game of any sort in Croker. Think they put all eggs into the Munster basket and not sure they have the legs for wide open Croker
I stand corrected. There must be another reason they fill their togs in Croker so LOL

Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 5:23pm

I stand corrected. There must be another reason they fill their togs in Croker so LOL
It's just pressure. They wouldn't have as much experience there as the likes of cork, tipp, Kilkenny, Dublin, Galway, Wexford and Limerick. 

Posted By: familyguy
Date Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:26pm

Where did they win the 95 97 and 2013 finals and draw with galway in 2018?

Date Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:06am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Draw with Galway in 2018 LOL 3 wins in 28 years. They love it there

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:44am

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than 3 wins in 28 years given the semi finals where played there too.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:47am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than 3 wins in 28 years given the semi finals where played there too.
Was only stirring. Hope Clare win Munster but wouldn't fancy them to win the All Ireland. Limerick stumbled through to Munster Final, fear they could come alive again. 

Date Posted: 31 May 2023 at 1:41pm

Was only stirring. Hope Clare win Munster but wouldn't fancy them to win the All Ireland. Limerick stumbled through to Munster Final, fear they could come alive again. 
Sure they even won a game in Croke Park that they had to replay in probably the most famous championship game there. I’d go with Limerick aswell they’re still very strong crazy talk to be writing them off they always just manage to keep stay ahead as the game approaches injury time.

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 5:42pm

Limerick will definitely need to up things after the last meeting. Limerick looked poor and Clare were playing as if it was their Munster final which tbf they had to win our would have been as good as out.

If I had to put money on it I'd struggle to pick a winner. As poor as Limerick looked in the last game we still only lost by a point. Clare supporters will be like the 16th man especially for final in the Gaelic Grounds. They'll bring some atmosphere to the occasion.

Conor Cleary though will be a massive lose for Clare and with the form Gillane was in last week whoever replaces him has big boots to fill.

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 4:57pm
5 🇳🇬

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 5:01pm
Only caught the last 10 minutes but it was such an exciting finish. 

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Only caught the last 10 minutes but it was such an exciting finish. 
Leinster SHC: Hold my beer...LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 6:30pm
The Galway player will be kicking himself for kicking the ball straight out to the KK goal scorer 

They’d have been as well giving away a free when the ball was in the corner 

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 10:36am
Another final, what a time to be alive.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 6:57pm
That was some game earlier. Some amazing scores. Drama at the end then as well. 

Glad it's a Leinster side versus munster in final. The way TJ is playing, I'm leaning towards Kilkenny. 

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 7:05pm
When are they going to split Limerick in 2 ?

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Another final, what a time to be alive.

Chalk it down

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 9:28pm
Never been at a more one sided game supporter wise 

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 11:17am
Roll On Sunday! No Declan Hannon for us, big loss. Forecast is sh*te. Some change from last year's heat. 

Hopefully we come out the right side of it.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 6:41pm
Can’t wait. In bonus territory win or lose. Great times.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 10:03pm
This used to be a great thread when the hurling lads with their excellent insight would post in here. Lads like Deise316 and familyguy.  Not what it used to be sadly. 

Limerick to win in Sunday. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 10:41pm
Really enjoyed the final last year.
Pre games beers along the NCR.

Looked for football tickets but flights home around €460 so a no-no

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 11:05pm
Think Kilkenny will be too strong for Limerick! TJ Reid won’t miss a single free all afternoon.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Think Kilkenny will be too strong for Limerick! TJ Reid won’t miss a single free all afternoon.
Tomorrow’s referee won’t be giving huge amount of free’s he’ll be letting the game flow. I’d say Limerick by 10 points or more.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 5:05pm
That was some masterclass of point scoring by Limerick in the second half. Blew Kilkenny away. Some team 

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Tomorrow’s referee won’t be giving huge amount of free’s he’ll be letting the game flow. I’d say Limerick by 10 points or more.
Was only a point out in the end. Had a bet on the 10-12 win for Limerick but TJ Reid of course taking his own point from a 65 to get his points tally up instead of dropping it in didn’t help.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 7:58pm
What a time to be alive 

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 9:26pm
You couldn't begrudge a county like Limerick this sort of success. Is that their 12th all Ireland? 

Prediction for next year, Clare, Waterford and cork to qualify from Munster. Tipp and Limerick to go out. If Limerick qualify I'll back them to win 5 in a row.

Posted By: Banana_RepublicFC
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

You couldn't begrudge a county like Limerick this sort of success. Is that their 12th all Ireland? 

Prediction for next year, Clare, Waterford and cork to qualify from Munster. Tipp and Limerick to go out. If Limerick qualify I'll back them to win 5 in a row.

Why are you doubting Limerick?

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 10:08pm

Hello Buff

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Why are you doubting Limerick?
Not doubting them it's just what I think will happen. Munster is super competitive and cork nearly knocked them out this year.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 9:20am
JP won't  be closing the chequebook any time yet!

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 9:32am
The amount of throwing they do is truly unparalleled.

There was a highlight shown during the game yesterday of a sequence of 4 "handpasses", 3 of which were clear throws, but Marty had the pants around the ankles at that point so couldnt be bothered calling it out.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 9:37am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

There was a highlight shown during the game yesterday of a sequence of 4 "handpasses", 3 of which were clear throws, but Marty had the pants around the ankles at that point so couldnt be bothered calling it out.

That's hurling these days though, nobody ever gets blown for that even though it happens all the time.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

That's hurling these days though, nobody ever gets blown for that even though it happens all the time.

They are the worst at it by a distance and other teams often get blown for it even in games where Limerick are carrying out the majority of throws. As an example, Tipperary were blown 3 times in Munster v Limerick for throws, including for one which was the most blatant hand pass of the entire day and would have been a likely goal - all the despite Limerick throwing the ball all day.

I genuinely dont think Tom Morrisey knows that you can't throw the ball. I've never seen him execute a proper hand pass.

Think it's gone beyond a joke at this point. They have to get it under control.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:10am
What a team! Never thought we'd see us win one let alone 5 in 6 years. We'll enjoy it while we can. This group are all around the same age, so another 2/3 years and there'll be a huge fall off and we'll be back to relative obscurity. 

The toughness after the second goal yesterday not to drop the heads. Shooting from the Cusack Stand side on lads' left hand side was exceptional. 

Hon the f**king Treaty. 

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 11:43am

What a team! Never thought we'd see us win one let alone 5 in 6 years. We'll enjoy it while we can. This group are all around the same age, so another 2/3 years and there'll be a huge fall off and we'll be back to relative obscurity. 

The toughness after the second goal yesterday not to drop the heads. Shooting from the Cusack Stand side on lads' left hand side was exceptional. 

Hon the f**king Treaty. 

This success has come from years of planning thanks to the backing from JP McManus.

You might not win it every year, but should become a mainstay.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 5:00am

Hon the f**king Treaty. 

This success has come from years of planning thanks to the backing from JP McManus.

At least the funding came from a Limerick man and not the GAA unfairly allocating funds to Limerick while telling everyone how they need them to start winning all Ireland's. 

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:11am

Hon the f**king Treaty. 

At least the funding came from a Limerick man and not the GAA unfairly allocating funds to Limerick while telling everyone how they need them to start winning all Ireland's. 

Indeed. Limerick are the Man City of Hurling.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:02pm

Hon the f**king Treaty. 

Indeed. Limerick are the Man City of Hurling.

Ha, must have missed the part where we have signed in players from other counties. ConfusedLOL

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:05pm
Heard an interesting thing mentioned on the radio on Sunday. Seemingly Limerick have their own camera system which they put in the the likes of Croke Park which gives them different, full pitch views etc which then can access in real time during the game. I wonder are there any rules around this? Can't imagine too many counties have the resources available to do that.

Posted By: trevwaterford
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:39pm
I heard today from a Kilkenny fan that Limerick players don't work and are almost full time professionals, JP paid for their mortgages and they have gyms in their housesLOL
Sounds like nonsense to me.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

I heard today from a Kilkenny fan that Limerick players don't work and are almost full time professionals, JP paid for their mortgages and they have gyms in their housesLOL

Dunno about all of that, but it's definitely not a purely "amateur" game for the elite counties.

Players are well looked after.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:09pm

Who knows, but I was an old lad like JP with hundreds of millions in the bank I'd be doing the exact same thing with my money. Money well spent.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:26pm
John Kiely dropped from Principal in the Abbey to deputy Principal. Something tells me his pockets arent lighter as a result of this, even though they should be.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Heard an interesting thing mentioned on the radio on Sunday. Seemingly Limerick have their own camera system which they put in the the likes of Croke Park which gives them different, full pitch views etc which then can access in real time during the game. I wonder are there any rules around this? Can't imagine too many counties have the resources available to do that.

Teams often had someone up in the upper tier stand and they’d communicate back with sideline during the game. Some rumours that a wire with a mic was giving to the Limerick Goalkeeper during the semi-final for puckouts. Limerick just a very good team who in some games will just do enough and just seem to be peaking for the two big Croke Park games

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:40pm

Because it is nonsense.

JP is a business man and doubt he'd be throwing away tons of money on Limerick GAA. Decisions like that is not how you become a billionaire and stay a billionaire.

His brother in law was the owner of Limerick FC and when JP bought the Market's Field he only leased it to Limerick FC and charged them rent. If he's charging family rent on a stadium that cost a couple of mill I doubt he's bank rolling Limerick GAA like he's Man City's owner.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Because it is nonsense.

JP is a business man and doubt he'd be throwing away tons of money on Limerick GAA. Decisions like that is not how you become a billionaire and stay a billionaire.

His brother in law was the owner of Limerick FC and when JP bought the Market's Field he only leased it to Limerick FC and charged them rent. If he's charging family rent on a stadium that cost a couple of mill I doubt he's bank rolling Limerick GAA like he's Man City's owner.

I would also believe that the stuff about mortgages isn't true. But JP does basically run his horse racing operation in some ways as a benefit as he doesn't make money from it.
And I believe Limerick spend the most of any county board on their county teams. So the truth of his involvement is probably somewhere in the middle. 

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 5:38pm
I work with one of players and have worked previously with one of those who has a few all stars. They work same as everyone else they might leave little earlier but are in the same boat. They all use the same gym and it’s open to the public and half of them still live with their moms so none of that is true not 1% of it
On the camera thing each team do their own recording for video analysis there is nothing new there sure u12 and u14 Soccer teams are doing same thing so why. On the expenditure reached finals in 5/6 years so always going to spend more than on day example Cork who were gone ten weeks back or so

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:10pm

I work with one of players and have worked previously with one of those who has a few all stars. They work same as everyone else they might leave little earlier but are in the same boat. They all use the same gym and it’s open to the public and half of them still live with their moms so none of that is true not 1% of it
On the camera thing each team do their own recording for video analysis there is nothing new there sure u12 and u14 Soccer teams are doing same thing so why. On the expenditure reached finals in 5/6 years so always going to spend more than on day example Cork who were gone ten weeks back or so

I was just quoting what RTE were saying at the weekend as they were moving out of the way of the Limerick lad who was setting up their camera system on the gantry and mentioning that no other team were doing that. 

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:18pm

And on the other expenditure, Limerick topped the list in terms of expenditure of all counties, so factoring in football also. Most of that expense would not be be over the last couple of weeks of the championship I’d imagine as Galway got to a semi final and final and didn’t spend as much as Limerick. Not that Limerick have done anything wrong, no rules broken or anything like that. 

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 8:49pm
Looks like some Gaa club in Galway wants to get rid of all it's players.

https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/gaa-club-rules-unveiled-forbidden-8935163?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar" rel="nofollow - https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/gaa-club-rules-unveiled-forbidden-8935163?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/gaa-club-rules-unveiled-forbidden-8935163?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar" rel="nofollow - https://www.galwaybeo.ie/news/galway-news/gaa-club-rules-unveiled-forbidden-8935163?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Seen it bouncing around social media yesterday. Nothing new in there that other clubs haven't done before outside of baring lads from playing golf Confused. I've never played senior (or anything close) but the drink ban I always found a strange one, lads will always break it. What's wrong with saying no drinking 10 days out from a match and don't go mad at that.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 11:08am

Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Seen it bouncing around social media yesterday. Nothing new in there that other clubs haven't done before outside of baring lads from playing golf Confused. I've never played senior (or anything close) but the drink ban I always found a strange one, lads will always break it. What's wrong with saying no drinking 10 days out from a match and don't go mad at that.
10 day's before any match is absolutely reasonable in any sport professional or amateur. 

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 11:25am
First instinct is that that's fake 

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

First instinct is that that's fake 

Wouldn't have thought so. Bar the drinking ban which is a regular in these pre-season commitments the rest would be standard enough for any sporting team with realistic ambitions. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 1:19pm
Never heard of an amateur sporting team banning players going on holidays during the summer

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 1:51pm
I wonder if any of their top players break these "rules" will they throw them out?

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:53pm

Never heard of an amateur sporting team banning players going on holidays during the summer

Club championship is played during the summer so kind of expected that lads don't head off on J1's if they're serious about playing.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 5:25pm

Club championship is played during the summer so kind of expected that lads don't head off on J1's if they're serious about playing.
Not starting them in favour of someone who's sticking around is logical but not letting him Train with first team and play mainly with second team is idiotic especially for rural clubs.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 9:00pm
What a game tonight. Clap

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 10:34pm

What a game tonight. Clap
Some win for St Thomas alright. Suppose a replay would be fairer but that’s the new way now.

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 7:30pm
Jackie tyrrell fairly winding donal og cusack up in the pre game coverage for tonight's game don't think he liked it when jackie implied Cork gaa need to take ownership over the mess they in and not put all blame in croke park (not exactly what he said but definitely what he meant LOL)

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Mush Cassidys Donkey
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 8:41am
bump 

the greatest game on grass starts back this weekend with a super Sunday of Hurling in Munster. 

Predictions
Munster top 3
Limerick 
Clare 
Waterford

Leinster top 3
Galway 
Kilkenny 
Scubs 

All Ireland Champs
Limerick beating Clare in Final. 

People think I'm mad with Waterford but I think there is a bounce in them. Nearly caught Limerick on the hop last year on the first day out and then it all went to sh*te. I think they invested too much into that game. Don't think Davy will let that happen this year. they have a 2 week gap after the Cork game before they meet Tipp. Cahill hasn't progressed with Tipp one single bit. I actually think he'll get the door at the end of this championship. Cork are just Cork, relying on Hoggy and Harnedy too much when there on the wrong side of 30. Pitches are awful at the moment and i don't think that will suit Cork at all along with the draw of having to play Clare 6 days after the Waterford game. 

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

bump 

the greatest game on grass starts back this weekend with a super Sunday of Hurling in Munster. 

Predictions
Munster top 3
Limerick 
Clare 
Waterford

Leinster top 3
Galway 
Kilkenny 
Scubs 

All Ireland Champs
Limerick beating Clare in Final. 

People think I'm mad with Waterford but I think there is a bounce in them. Nearly caught Limerick on the hop last year on the first day out and then it all went to sh*te. I think they invested too much into that game. Don't think Davy will let that happen this year. they have a 2 week gap after the Cork game before they meet Tipp. Cahill hasn't progressed with Tipp one single bit. I actually think he'll get the door at the end of this championship. Cork are just Cork, relying on Hoggy and Harnedy too much when there on the wrong side of 30. Pitches are awful at the moment and i don't think that will suit Cork at all along with the draw of having to play Clare 6 days after the Waterford game. 
This Clare team can’t hurl in Croke Park so they’ll be in no All ireland 

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 9:39am
Totally biased but I reckon Cork have a big part to play in things this year, last year they won 1, drew 1 and lost two byy 1 point. They're right there at the standard but flying a little below the radar. Fancy them to get out this year

I actually think Limerick may struggle, Clare away next week will be a bruiser, if they lose that, they could be into a must-win already with Tipp the following week.

Clare will get out, they're very solid.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 9:56am
Waterford were dire in the league - Cork minus 3 for the weekend is great value. 

It'll be Cork, Limerick and Clare out of Munster with KK, Galway and Wexford from Leinster.

Hoping we can do five in a row but Clare are like men possessed this season. It'll be some game in Ennis this weekend. 

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2024 at 10:05am
Cannot wait for this to start after the muck we've been served over the last 2 week's.

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 3:47pm
Some comeback From Limerick! 

Massive match for the banner in PUC next week. 

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 3:48pm

Even better from the Dubs 👏👏👏👏👏 2 goals in 90 seconds. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

No way I hadn't even checked that result. Happy days. Hopefully Dublin make the Leinster final this year. Most year's they'd have narrowly lost that game or drew it.

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 3:52pm

No way I hadn't even checked that result. Happy days. Hopefully Dublin make the Leinster final this year. Most year's they'd have narrowly lost that game or drew it.

They did draw it 😀

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 4:09pm

They did draw it 😀
FOR f**kS SAKE. Typical fooking Dublin hurlers. Guarantee you they'll narrowly miss out on the final!

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 4:20pm
They were six points down right in the last 2 mins and got two
Goals to draw. Decent result away to Wexford. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 4:25pm

They were six points down right in the last 2 mins and got two
Goals to draw. Decent result away to Wexford. 
I thought you were at home. Indeed a great result. Leinster hurling exciting as evere.

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 10:06pm
fancied us from the off. Had a few bob on us at 5/2. 

Clare will bate cork next Sunday hands down. 

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:53pm

Waterford were dire in the league - Cork minus 3 for the weekend is great value. 

It'll be Cork, Limerick and Clare out of Munster with KK, Galway and Wexford from Leinster.

Hoping we can do five in a row but Clare are like men possessed this season. It'll be some game in Ennis this weekend. 

What a call from me LOLLOL

Cat firmly amongst the pidgeons now. Cork v Clare on Sunday will be fair tense given that the loser will be rightly under pressure to salvage their season. 

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 9:31pm
The Munster Hurling Championship Clap

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:05am

Overhyped again. One team hammering another team by 15 points 

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 1:15am

In defence of the championship, said team is fairly awesome. Looks like the entire championship is somewhat academic.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 8:59am

Tuck your lip in son. 

4 games in, 3 of 4 games were crackers. Even the Limerick game yesterday was enjoyable to watch, along with seeing probably the greatest team of all time take asunder the bin dippers. The Tipp Waterford game will be another cracker next week. 

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 10:42am
2 from 2 and probably looking fine for the knock outs, bar taking a hiding in Cork and at home to Waterford. Casey is a huge loss for the season, poor lad has no luck with injuries. Big chance for O'Dalaigh to start the next day out against Cork. 

Tipp were atrocious. Worst I've ever seen them. Nice to give them a skinning, we've been on the other side enough times - the All Ireland semi final in 2009 springs to mind. Cahill fairly fired the players under the bus after the game. Can't see anything but a Waterford rampage Saturday evening. 

Limerick, Waterford, Clare to get out of Munster. If Limerick beat Cork, they'll probably be in a Munster final and might rotate team for last game vs Waterford which could Waterford sneaking in ahead of Clare in a Munster final. The Clare v Waterford game in Ennis is going to be huge. 

Fair dues Antrim beating Wexford, great chance to get out of Leinster now if they can beat the Dubs in Parnell Park 

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 10:58am
i actually think if we win this Saturday, it basically puts Cork and Tipp out of the championship. I don't think Davy will want a Munster final and would prefer to go the back door route. 

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:10pm

Tuck your lip in son. 

4 games in, 3 of 4 games were crackers. Even the Limerick game yesterday was enjoyable to watch, along with seeing probably the greatest team of all time take asunder the bin dippers. The Tipp Waterford game will be another cracker next week. 

3 great games in the Leinster Hurling championship this weekend but you don’t hear the same hype about it compared to Munster! The Limerick-Tipp game wasn’t enjoyable it was like a challenge match for the last 20 minutes. 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 2:16pm
Cork are a pity. They handed the game to Clare yesterday.
The keeper needs to go. His distribution is horrendous. Responsible for at least 1-10 of what Clare scored and a fair proportion of what Waterford scored last week too.
Stupid red card too. They are their own worst enemy.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Cork are a pity. They handed the game to Clare yesterday.
The keeper needs to go. His distribution is horrendous. Responsible for at least 1-10 of what Clare scored and a fair proportion of what Waterford scored last week too.
Stupid red card too. They are their own worst enemy.

I just caught the highlights last night. Was that a red card tho? Bit soft i thought.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 3:38pm
It was a second yellow and absolutely headless, especially from the captain. 

Cork will be praying for a Tipp win on Saturday night but can't see it. 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 5:09pm

It was a second yellow and absolutely headless, especially from the captain. 

Cork will be praying for a Tipp win on Saturday night but can't see it. 

Spot on.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net