You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIB & the ever closer cashless society

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 2:52pm
For the vast majority of people it shouldn't be an issue....For businesses it could be a disaster though. From managing a bar in Manchester we had to go to the bank every couple of days to lodge money and collect change. This would make matters much more tricky if they are with AIB
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Bad news for buskers & beggars

Haven't been to a race mtg in a long time, can you bet by card on course ?

they take card on londons tube network. the device is pre-set to take 2 quid, all you have to do is tap it as you pass.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 12:05pm
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 3:34pm
I thought it was just the cashiers they were looking to remove like other banks have done. Didn't realise they wanted to take ATM's and lodgement machines too. Have bowed to pressure anyway.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I thought it was just the cashiers they were looking to remove like other banks have done. Didn't realise they wanted to take ATM's and lodgement machines too. Have bowed to pressure anyway.
They got €64B off the tax payer. That should have been enough.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

They got €64B off the tax payer. That should have been enough.

Not to mention screwing over a chunk of their customers on the mortgage scandal. An absolute shower running that company, the board in there needs removing. Government a shambles letting it get as far as it did given they're the majority shareholder. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

There's a post office in castletownbere. 

Does every country have the same amount of complaining about everything, all the time like we do? It's still easy to get cash out and 99% of the people who are greatly upset about this are the lads who want to hide their cash from the tax man. I can't believe the uproar there has been about this. 

The post office is open 40-45 hours a week. So I wouldn't want to be relying on post offices in a real emergency to get cash, outside those hours. Most outdoor ATMs are out of service in Dublin City during the night as it is, and I'm sure it's the same elsewhere. 

When you do get to the post office, there are so many public notices posted all around the office itself, and it makes a very cold and unwelcoming experience for the average customer, let alone someone who really needs to be there. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic