You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2026 World Cup USA/Canada/Mexico

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:12pm
Sickened that DC or Baltimore weren’t chosen as would have been less than an hour from my gaff to either stadium.  Very unusual not to have games in the capital city of the biggest host country but FedEx is a kip and Audi Field not big enough I guess.  Shocked the Ravens stadium in Baltimore wasn’t picked though. 

Philly, New Jersey and Boston would be a good combo for traveling to - the rest are all flights away from each other. 

San Fran picked without even having an MLS team is an odd one. 
Team Emmet
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Sickened that DC or Baltimore weren’t chosen as would have been less than an hour from my gaff to either stadium.  Very unusual not to have games in the capital city of the biggest host country but FedEx is a kip and Audi Field not big enough I guess.  Shocked the Ravens stadium in Baltimore wasn’t picked though. 

Philly, New Jersey and Boston would be a good combo for traveling to - the rest are all flights away from each other. 

As it happens, Levis stadium is about 5 miles from San Jose Earthquakes home ground and about 40 miles from San Francisco
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

As it happens, Levis stadium is about 5 miles from San Jose Earthquakes home ground and about 40 miles from San Francisco

It’s in their jeans.
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 8:32pm

Makes more sense now!  
Team Emmet
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 9:21pm

Most unexpectedly nice pint of Guinness I ever had was in sliders pub before a game in M&T, should've been enough for them 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:49pm
Opening game to be held in the Azteca, Semis to be in Atlanta and Dallas and the final to held in New Jersey/New York. 3rd/4th Place Playoff to be in Miami

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Opening game to be held in the Azteca, Semis to be in Atlanta and Dallas and the final to held in New Jersey/New York. 3rd/4th Place Playoff to be in Miami

Ah sure don't think we need to worry about those 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:44pm
The biggeat change fans will notice from USA94 is the lack of sag and bulge in the netting.  1994 had the optimum net and stanchion structure mankind has ever seen. Evwn tap ins looked spectacular . Lovely sag netting. Lovely.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2024 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The biggeat change fans will notice from USA94 is the lack of sag and bulge in the netting.  1994 had the optimum net and stanchion structure mankind has ever seen. Evwn tap ins looked spectacular . Lovely sag netting. Lovely.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Edited by Bandwagon - 05 Feb 2024 at 12:01am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 2:10pm
Would love us to qualify for this. Alas, we won't 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 5:57pm
How tough would it be to get tickets, with or without Ireland being there?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

How tough would it be to get tickets, with or without Ireland being there?

I'd expect tickets to be very expensive and a nightmare to get hold of.  

Obviously if we qualify we'll get an allocation.  

Otherwise apply early and try to get family and friends to apply on your behalf in the general public ballots.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 6:23pm
Is George the Greek still knocking about??
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 6:23pm

Is George the Greek still knocking about??

Was just thiking that LOL

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 4:23pm
As the qualifiers are starting in March next year is there any word on when the draw will be? 

You'd assume this December after the Nations League group matches finish in November. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

As the qualifiers are starting in March next year is there any word on when the draw will be? 

You'd assume this December after the Nations League group matches finish in November. 

Starts next March yeah and draw will be in December. With the expansion of the NLs to include relegation/promotion play offs, quarter finals for League A, and qualification group's now teams of five or four I think there'll b some teams who won't play qualifiers until September 2025 if they end up in a four team group which is mad.

Edited by J89 - 26 Feb 2024 at 4:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic