You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 17 minutes ago at 11:47am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

there's still a massive double think in yout narrative lads. 

You undermine Russia's military threat yet feel threatened by it constantly.

You undermine their economy and predict its collapse

So in net effect there's nothing to fear from the Russians in the long run.

I don’t undermine either of those aspect of Russian politics. They will continue to try expanding and they will continue funding it.

And places like Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova have all discovered there is a lot to fear, with an expansive power, in Russia, on their doorstep.

You have said this invasion has backfired on Russia. Only in the respect of the western circle of influence
 They are now more firmly.aligned with China a population which is bigger than all of the western power of influence

Prior to 2018 or so, they had both. Even if there was some distrust. 2022 engendered an entirely new phase where they are walled off, sanctioned and embargoed by the west.

They hardly.expected for the west not to react the we have. So I'd argue it's not a miscalculation. They have backed new allies who don't answer to the west 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 15 minutes ago at 11:49am

there's still a massive double think in yout narrative lads. 

You undermine Russia's military threat yet feel threatened by it constantly.

You undermine their economy and predict its collapse

So in net effect there's nothing to fear from the Russians in the long run.

I don’t undermine either of those aspect of Russian politics. They will continue to try expanding and they will continue funding it.

And places like Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova have all discovered there is a lot to fear, with an expansive power, in Russia, on their doorstep.

You have said this invasion has backfired on Russia. Only in the respect of the western circle of influence
 They are now more firmly.aligned with China a population which is bigger than all of the western power of influence

Prior to 2018 or so, they had both. Even if there was some distrust. 2022 engendered an entirely new phase where they are walled off, sanctioned and embargoed by the west.

They hardly.expected for the west not to react the we have. So I'd argue it's not a miscalculation. They have backed new allies who don't answer to the west 

I didn’t say it was a miscalculation in my post yesterday. I said that Russia weakened its own position with the west, which is absolutely accurate.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 56 minutes ago at 12:08pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Wow  

Still no links or evidence to prove your point on what happened in Slovakia?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 42 minutes ago at 1:22pm
They're now groveling at the feet of china who are taking them to the cleaners. Way under paying for their energy. There's a reason Gazprom made a mega loss. China really wants a russian collapse so they can return the vaste swaths of land Russia stole from them (surprise surprise).
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 50 minutes ago at 3:14pm
Iranian president and foreign minister in a helicopter crash. CIA don't like them, do the math.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 11 minutes ago at 3:53pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Iranian president and foreign minister in a helicopter crash. CIA don't like them, do the math.

TRV will undoubtedly have a fresh and nuanced take on it. I mean his recent take on the attempt on Robert Fico’s life was pretty out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212
  Share Topic