You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 42 minutes ago at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

There is a significant Russian population in the Narva region of Estonia and any involvement by Estonia in Ukraine could be construed as Estonia waging war on them, creating turmoil within Estonia and the possibility of another SMO...

Where’s the other SMO?
I'm sure you know it's the term used by the Ruskis for the invasion of Ukraine...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 37 minutes ago at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

There is a significant Russian population in the Narva region of Estonia and any involvement by Estonia in Ukraine could be construed as Estonia waging war on them, creating turmoil within Estonia and the possibility of another SMO...

Where’s the other SMO?
I'm sure you know it's the term used by the Ruskis for the invasion of Ukraine...

I do. I just refuse to use it when the word invasion is available.

Edited by Het-field - 18 hours 37 minutes ago at 9:47pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 23 minutes ago at 10:01pm

Luckily for Estonia they're in NATO and luckily for any Russian planters in Estonia they're free to leave. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 8 minutes ago at 10:16pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Luckily for Estonia they're in NATO and luckily for any Russian planters in Estonia they're free to leave. 
Yeh, a lot of younger ethnic russians born in Estonia and in the former Estonian SSR have emigrated to Russia and beyond, the ones who remain are older generation who moved to Estonia when they and Estonians were citizens of the USSR. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 58 minutes ago at 10:26pm

Yeh, a lot of younger ethnic russians born in Estonia and in the former Estonian SSR have emigrated to Russia and beyond, the ones who remain are older generation who moved to Estonia when they and Estonians were citizens of the USSR. 
Yeah I know it's a symptom of Russia's illustrious colonial history. Seriously though those Russians should want to integrate not divide a country they reside in. Regardless I don't think the Baltics are too afraid to poke the bear when they have NATO as insurance and Russia won't be able to attack while the war rages in Ukraine. The fact they've handed over a huge percentage of their weapons suggests this. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 50 minutes ago at 10:34pm

Yeah I know it's a symptom of Russia's illustrious colonial history. Seriously though those Russians should want to integrate not divide a country they reside in. Regardless I don't think the Baltics are too afraid to poke the bear when they have NATO as insurance and Russia won't be able to attack while the war rages in Ukraine. The fact they've handed over a huge percentage of their weapons suggests this. 
Terrible sad situation with too many lives lost....hopefully some sort of resolution can emerge to end this. Not looking good though. 
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 58 minutes ago at 12:26am

Edited by TRV - 15 hours 6 minutes ago at 1:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210
  Share Topic