You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 55 minutes ago at 2:50pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

We learnt with the Skripal affair in Salisbury that Russia are prone to long range nobblings. Ditto the poisoning of Yushchenko in 2004.

I thought having " Form" for behaviour doesnt mean its relevent in this situation

I also note the " story" of the assassination attempt has slowly dropping out from the news reel.

With these stories its important to see who reports and when and the timeline. The US were very quick to point at Al Queada being behind the Moscow Terrorist attack. The Russians didnt even know who was behind it.

That’s not entirely the case. ISIS claimed responsibility. Usually that sort of admission is taken at face value, unless it’s a denial. That sort of act tends not to be something a group readily admits to unless it’s responsible and wants to take responsibility.

Correct but the US were quick to back their claim.

To me it begged more questions than answered them.

If it was a denial, I think you’d have a point. But it’s an admission. Why else would they do it? And they have a history of that sort of crude and indiscriminate attack in major cities, with a view to maximum casualties. Even Putin referred to “Radical Islamists”, with a vague swipe at blaming Ukraine. But the generally narrative is aligned.

I agree. So as I said looking at who reported and when, the US knew before the Russians. 
So how did they know?

I won’t think that’s relevant. Not least as Moscow would have been scrabbling after a very serious terrorist attack. The narrative is very consistent here.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 22 minutes ago at 3:23pm

We learnt with the Skripal affair in Salisbury that Russia are prone to long range nobblings. Ditto the poisoning of Yushchenko in 2004.

I thought having " Form" for behaviour doesnt mean its relevent in this situation

I also note the " story" of the assassination attempt has slowly dropping out from the news reel.

With these stories its important to see who reports and when and the timeline. The US were very quick to point at Al Queada being behind the Moscow Terrorist attack. The Russians didnt even know who was behind it.

That’s not entirely the case. ISIS claimed responsibility. Usually that sort of admission is taken at face value, unless it’s a denial. That sort of act tends not to be something a group readily admits to unless it’s responsible and wants to take responsibility.

Correct but the US were quick to back their claim.

To me it begged more questions than answered them.

If it was a denial, I think you’d have a point. But it’s an admission. Why else would they do it? And they have a history of that sort of crude and indiscriminate attack in major cities, with a view to maximum casualties. Even Putin referred to “Radical Islamists”, with a vague swipe at blaming Ukraine. But the generally narrative is aligned.

I agree. So as I said looking at who reported and when, the US knew before the Russians. 
So how did they know?

I won’t think that’s relevant. Not least as Moscow would have been scrabbling after a very serious terrorist attack. The narrative is very consistent here.

Well Id say its quite relevant but We can ignore it if you like. But how do you think the US might know before the Russians?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 52 minutes ago at 3:53pm
Better intelligence? Not like they didn't warn them. Even by your standards this is a stretch.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 44 minutes ago at 4:01pm
Scooped it first? Fastest finger first? A whole host of reasons.

Why do you think it was published in the US first? And that’s if it was at all.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 41 minutes ago at 4:04pm
Possibly alright. And We are dealing in the world of possibilities

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 38 minutes ago at 4:07pm
Point Im making lads is dont just take news stories at face value just because they go along with their narratives

Actually do you know what,do , your entitled to do and believe whatever you want.

But as I said the assiassination attempt story has dissappeared quick enough from the news reel. It was 2 ukranian officials who supposedly wanted to take him out. He has more than one enemey and they arent all in Russia. But absolutley blame Russia on the grounds they have form. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 35 minutes ago at 4:10pm
So what is your take on what happened in Moscow? Is it just bald cynicism about narrative?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 30 minutes ago at 4:15pm

So what is your take on what happened in Moscow? Is it just bald cynicism about narrative?

Probably bald cycnism about narrative tbh. Im dubious about what We are told in war times by any side.

Ill draw my own conclusions. But I will quibble here about narratives when I see them.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 21 minutes ago at 4:24pm

Probably bald cycnism about narrative tbh. Im dubious about what We are told in war times by any side.

Ill draw my own conclusions. But I will quibble here about narratives when I see them.

What’s the narrative? On the Moscow attack it’s quite uniform. Even Putin himself gave credence to the general consensus.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 32 minutes ago at 5:13pm

Point Im making lads is dont just take news stories at face value just because they go along with their narratives

Actually do you know what,do , your entitled to do and believe whatever you want.

But as I said the assiassination attempt story has dissappeared quick enough from the news reel. It was 2 ukranian officials who supposedly wanted to take him out. He has more than one enemey and they arent all in Russia. But absolutley blame Russia on the grounds they have form. 
I'll tell ya what died down quick. Russia trying to blame it on Ukraine. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 25 minutes ago at 8:20pm
George Galloway came up with an alternative explanation for the attack. It was nonsense. But then again, when he opens his mouth nonsense tends to dribble from it.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 50 minutes ago at 9:55pm
I just find it strange it was big news yesterday about zelensky. Today no update on it at all. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 39 minutes ago at 10:06pm

I just find it strange it was big news yesterday about zelensky. Today no update on it at all. 

That’s the news cycle.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 32 minutes ago at 10:13pm
yeah I guess so. It's like Russia blowing up their own gas pipelines. News moves on, no one needs to know any more details

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 60 minutes ago at 11:45pm

yeah I guess so. It's like Russia blowing up their own gas pipelines. News moves on, no one needs to know any more details

Nobody is being stopped from investigating things further. The Nordstream pipeline explosion remains inconclusively resolved.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208
  Share Topic