You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

lads I'll park it for the weekend and wish ye a happy bank holiday 

But thought I'd share this to give ye a laugh
Do they not pay for your posts on bank holidays?

Is this  a serious question?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 7:47pm

No 😂
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 8:25pm

No 😂
LOL 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 29 minutes ago at 3:40pm
It’s being widely reported that Kiev has foiled a Russia plot to assassinate Zelensky and two high ranking Ukrainian government officials.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 51 minutes ago at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It’s being widely reported that Kiev has foiled a Russia plot to assassinate Zelensky and two high ranking Ukrainian government officials.
Obviously wanted a big celebration for May 9th. I don't think it would be the best move for Russia. He could be replaced by someone fresh with renewed drive. It would shock the world and ultimately lead to Ukraine getting more military aid as retaliation. And it could galvanise Ukrainians even more. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 17 minutes ago at 9:52pm
reported by western media. 2 ukranian security officials were arrested. Wouldn't take this story at face value myself

Edited by OohAah... - 6 hours 16 minutes ago at 9:53pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 6 minutes ago at 10:03pm

reported by western media. 2 ukranian security officials were arrested. Wouldn't take this story at face value myself

Of course you won't LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 5 minutes ago at 10:04pm

It was also reported by non western media too. East or West the source is still Ukraine. Who reports this has nothing to do with the believability.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 1 minutes ago at 10:08pm
just deducing Russia have nothing to gain from it. As Eire said it would only further alienate them. He's not the threat to them.

I'm not saying it's not them. I'm saying I wouldn't take the story at face value. As with all these top secret operations. They are that most of the time.

Zelensky has a few enemys
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 53 minutes ago at 10:16pm
We learnt with the Skripal affair in Salisbury that Russia are prone to long range nobblings. Ditto the poisoning of Yushchenko in 2004.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 46 minutes ago at 10:23pm

just deducing Russia have nothing to gain from it. As Eire said it would only further alienate them. He's not the threat to them.

I'm not saying it's not them. I'm saying I wouldn't take the story at face value. As with all these top secret operations. They are that most of the time.

Zelensky has a few enemys
While they've nothing to gain I wouldn't put it past Putin. And maybe cutting off the head of the shake while Russia are making battlefield gains would have a short term effect on the Ukrainians. Who knows but just because we don't think it's a wise move for Russia doesn't mean they wouldn't do it.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 7 minutes ago at 12:02am
OTD in 1920 the USSR signed Treaty of of Moscow with Georgia, recognizing their independence. They invaded them 9 months later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207
  Share Topic