You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 21 minutes ago at 9:18am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/3/icc-calls-for-an-end-to-threats-against-the-court-as-war-in-gaza-rages-on

In other news

The US saviours of all things good versus evil

Perhaps this in one for the US thread or the Gaza thread?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 17 minutes ago at 9:22am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

they want a hand in everything even when. It's on Russia doorstep. They dismissed Russians fear

Hand-picking governemts of countries is the height of empire  behaviojr

And there was far more consequential meddling from Russia at that time, including serious allegations of vote rigging levelled at Russia. There was also serious repression of political dissent, and the 2004 election was anything but free and fair. 

But meddling is meddling. Scale.it whatever ever way you want. It's meddling. What gives the US the divine right to steer any other countries policies. And it's not for that country's benefit its their own interests. Countries which are nowhere near them and neighbour their enemy commy Russiaa who'd they'd love to doomed 

The scale is absolutely pivotal when it comes to extrapolating reasons for the invasions. I’m not going to argue that America has a right to police the world. It’s made a mess in other countries. But the direct meddling of Russia, along with the unilateral decision to invade various parts of Ukraine leave us where we are? There could have been peace in 2024 when Yanukovic worked with the opposition, but Russia torpedoed that and goaded him to “not be a doormat.”

The long and short is, if you want to gripe about American interventionism then there is a US Politics thread for that. In this case it has become wholly unclear why you are arguing it.

To state what you have just stated clearly acknowledges there was atleast  some meddling by thr US

This makes it pivotal as to why I object to the US being given a free pass

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 16 minutes ago at 9:23am

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/3/icc-calls-for-an-end-to-threats-against-the-court-as-war-in-gaza-rages-on

In other news

It's the same US. It shows the extent of their hypocrisy and aims to control
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:24am

they want a hand in everything even when. It's on Russia doorstep. They dismissed Russians fear

Hand-picking governemts of countries is the height of empire  behaviojr

And there was far more consequential meddling from Russia at that time, including serious allegations of vote rigging levelled at Russia. There was also serious repression of political dissent, and the 2004 election was anything but free and fair. 

But meddling is meddling. Scale.it whatever ever way you want. It's meddling. What gives the US the divine right to steer any other countries policies. And it's not for that country's benefit its their own interests. Countries which are nowhere near them and neighbour their enemy commy Russiaa who'd they'd love to doomed 

The scale is absolutely pivotal when it comes to extrapolating reasons for the invasions. I’m not going to argue that America has a right to police the world. It’s made a mess in other countries. But the direct meddling of Russia, along with the unilateral decision to invade various parts of Ukraine leave us where we are? There could have been peace in 2024 when Yanukovic worked with the opposition, but Russia torpedoed that and goaded him to “not be a doormat.”

The long and short is, if you want to gripe about American interventionism then there is a US Politics thread for that. In this case it has become wholly unclear why you are arguing it.

To state what you have just stated clearly acknowledges there was atleast  some meddling by thr US

This makes it pivotal as to why I object to the US being given a free pass

No, youre using the tactic of extrapolating something I didn’t say, from something I did. Like I have said, repeatedly, it had negligible-no influence on how Russia has behaved. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 14 minutes ago at 9:25am

In other news

It's the same US. It shows the extent of their hypocrisy and aims to control

If that’s the case then this is certainly a point for one of the other threads. I assume you accept that Russia’s behaviour is the primary reason for the invasion? And the prior invasion in 2014?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 11 minutes ago at 9:28am
grand we will beg to.differ how the mortal enemy of Russia, with motivation to ruin Russia, and on the ground in ukranian affairs for the last 20 years and before had zero impact on the political course of thebukraine
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 8 minutes ago at 9:31am

grand we will beg to.differ how the mortal enemy of Russia, with motivation to ruin Russia, and on the ground in ukranian affairs for the last 20 years and before had zero impact on the political course of thebukraine

Ah so that’s basically your angle, “no smoke without fire”. When there are clear facts that Russia exacerbated tensions in 2013-2014, and kyboshed a potentially peaceful resolution when Yanukovich and the Opposition were actually hammering something out.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 58 minutes ago at 9:41am

Ah so that’s basically your angle, “no smoke without fire”. When there are clear facts that Russia exacerbated tensions in 2013-2014, and kyboshed a potentially peaceful resolution when Yanukovich and the Opposition were actually hammering something out.

No different from nulamd being on the ground on one side. Meddling
No.differnt than decades of funding western think tanks over there
Nor alleged cia involvement in the protests.

2 empires playing a game
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 55 minutes ago at 9:44am

No different from nulamd being on the ground on one side. Meddling
No.differnt than decades of funding western think tanks over there
Nor alleged cia involvement in the protests.

2 empires playing a game

Yes, it’s different. It is blatantly different. Russia actively intervened to prolong the protests by threatening the economy. Russia also actively invaded Crimea at the time. It is chalk and cheese. Russia used its financial bailout to manipulate the situation. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 48 minutes ago at 9:51am
the more I dig the more I finds stuff like kylee smith's analysis 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 41 minutes ago at 9:58am

And yet it constantly returns to the Nuland call as the “smoking gun.” It’s deflectionary, and returns to the same tired narrative that is always the US.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 27 minutes ago at 10:12am

And yet it constantly returns to the Nuland call as the “smoking gun.” It’s deflectionary, and returns to the same tired narrative that is always the US.

It's mentioned but not hung on the point

It's not always the US but as I've always said they were on the ground for a long time in Ukraine
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 19 minutes ago at 10:20am

It's not always the US but as I've always said they were on the ground for a long time in Ukraine

The call has been repeated as evidence of meddling when it’s nothing of the sort. One comment related to Kiltchsko and his lack of experience. In another post on quora, the author states a belief that the conflict is 90% not the responsibility of Russia. Her credibility is shot at this point, as you can’t claim to be “neutral” and then heavily weight responsibility in one direction, which is exactly what she has done.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 26 minutes ago at 11:13am

The call has been repeated as evidence of meddling when it’s nothing of the sort. One comment related to Kiltchsko and his lack of experience. In another post on quora, the author states a belief that the conflict is 90% not the responsibility of Russia. Her credibility is shot at this point, as you can’t claim to be “neutral” and then heavily weight responsibility in one direction, which is exactly what she has done.

And yet it's hard to argue with any of the points she makes in her analysis
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 21 minutes ago at 11:18am

And yet it's hard to argue with any of the points she makes in her analysis

In fact, it’s very easy. I’m not disputing historical CIA involvement in other parts of the world. But again, he analysis is 2+2 = 5, and then ties the conclusion by massively overblowing the consequences of the Nuland call. Russia is responsible here, and it responsible for the failure to resolve the protests in 2014, though a direct threat to the Ukrainian authority. Equally you’ll note she avoids the question of how people came to the protest in the first place, which is critical to the agency of the Maidan protestors, in a country that had a recent history of anti-Government protest. Like I said, the analyser has also concluded that Russia is 90% not responsible. That is a bizarre take, particularly when Russia’s fingerprints are all over the conflict, not least as they are the invaders. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 1 minutes ago at 11:38am
Ohhh AHH are you blind? On those maps you posted Russia lost huge areas? The majority of Kharkiv they occupied and everything they held across the Dnipro including Kherson. Since those losses Russia have made a 0.01% net gain. 

Here's a hint why Russian energy profits have plummeted. Revenue can still be substantial but profit is what matters.

Edited by eireland - 41 minutes ago at 12:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206
  Share Topic