You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 - The Final - Italy v England Prediction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Poll Question: Result
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [22.22%]
8 [22.22%]
2 [5.56%]
7 [19.44%]
4 [11.11%]
4 [11.11%]
2 [5.56%]
1 [2.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:16pm
 https://youtu.be/hqqPH6WOj1A

Gary Neville and others saying exactly what has been said by many on here (Terri apart) regarding England’s lack of a player or players to control a game.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:19pm
Kane mightn't have got many touches inside the box but he was superb outside of it. If they had a midfielder who could control the game, he wouldn't have needed to drop so deep and look the player best capable of instigating something.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Kane mightn't have got many touches inside the box but he was superb outside of it.
Like saying your cock is great outside a vagina LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Kane mightn't have got many touches inside the box but he was superb outside of it.
Like saying your cock is great outside a vagina LOL

I can just imagine your team talks 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Gary Neville and others saying exactly what has been said by many on here (Terri apart) regarding England’s lack of a player or players to control a game.  

There is more than one way to get a result in a football match.

For example, even with Jorginho and Veratti, Italy still only had 30% possession against Spain, yet still took it to penalties, just like England did to them.

Fact is, since GS took over,  it is clear that his first priority has been to make them hard to beat, which they are. (People forget that Italy didn't quite manage it, btw). Which meant he has concentrated first on the spine of the team - Maguire/Stones, Rice/Phillips, Kane. This has got them further and made them more competitive than any England team since Venables was in charge.

Of course, being hard to beat is only half the battle, they need next to start winning games, which means becoming more attacking, esp from midfield. But I suspect he thought the likes of Foden, Mount and Bellingham etc were too young and inexperienced to take on that responsibility just yet.

Of course the likes of Neville and Shearer are pointing out England's deficiencies, but don't you think Southgate hasn't already figured them out for himself? The test will come over the next couple of years i.e. whether he sticks rigidly with the old plan, or adopts a more expansive game. I won't be at all surprised if it's the latter, in fact I'd be surprised if he isn't.

Which is why I reckon that anyone who doesn't want to see England do well should actually be concerned by what they've seen from them over the last 3 years, not reassured.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

There is more than one way to get a result in a football match.

For example, even with Jorginho and Veratti, Italy still only had 30% possession against Spain, yet still took it to penalties, just like England did to them.

Fact is, since GS took over,  it is clear that his first priority has been to make them hard to beat, which they are. (People forget that Italy didn't quite manage it, btw). Which meant he has concentrated first on the spine of the team - Maguire/Stones, Rice/Phillips, Kane. This has got them further and made them more competitive than any England team since Venables was in charge.

Of course, being hard to beat is only half the battle, they need next to start winning games, which means becoming more attacking, esp from midfield. But I suspect he thought the likes of Foden, Mount and Bellingham etc were too young and inexperienced to take on that responsibility just yet.

Of course the likes of Neville and Shearer are pointing out England's deficiencies, but don't you think Southgate hasn't already figured them out for himself? The test will come over the next couple of years i.e. whether he sticks rigidly with the old plan, or adopts a more expansive game. I won't be at all surprised if it's the latter, in fact I'd be surprised if he isn't.

Which is why I reckon that anyone who doesn't want to see England do well should actually be concerned by what they've seen from them over the last 3 years, not reassured.

I am not diagraming with southgates tactics I have pointed out they don’t have the player to control a game or take the heat out of a game when you are up against the ropes and need to come back into.  It’s precisely because there are many ways you need to win a game in a tournament that the lack of such a player will come back to haunt them at some stage. It’s a problem for English football as they have no produced a player like that who can do it at the highest level since Carrick and Scholes and neither played there enough in that role for England.  Maybe others will become that player but at the moment I don’t see it. However there is a pattern of losing euro finalists doing well in tournaments over the next 2 to 12 years. 

Euro 2016. France won the next world
Cup 

Euro 2012 Italy win the euros in 2021

Euro 2008. Germany win 2014 World Cup 

Euro 2004 Portugal win the 2016 Euros 

Euro 2000.  Italy win 2006 World Cup. 
AKA pedantic kunt
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 9:23am
So when we host the world cup in 2030 we'll win the WC in 2038.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:25pm
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 1:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic