You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Travers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2023 at 1:27pm
Easier to do a site search on Google. Just type site:forum.ybig.ie into the Google search bar and then the name of the player you're after e.g.

site:forum.ybig.ie Marcus Harness

and you will see that one of the results that comes up is the Marcus Harness thread.
Sponsored Links

CillDara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 5:50pm
He's been called back by Bournemouth, I assume they have a few goalkeeping injuries. sh*te for Travers really as he is unlikely to play more than a handful of games. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

He's been called back by Bournemouth, I assume they have a few goalkeeping injuries. sh*te for Travers really as he is unlikely to play more than a handful of games. 

Absolutely pointless.

BBC saying Neto is only out until the next International break and they have Radu and Randolph already there as back up.

The Premier League should have denied their request.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 6:03pm

That's a disaster for him. Best case scenario is he gets back out on loan in January. Still, likely no football for 2 months at least 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 6:03pm
Yeah the only way they'll have been allowed call him back is if there's an injury issue with a couple of keepers.

Not sure how this will affect him come January if he pushed for another loan. Unless he's allowed back to Stoke he can't join another club having played for two already this season.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Absolutely pointless.

BBC saying Neto is only out until the next International break and they have Radu and Randolph already there as back up.

The Premier League should have denied their request.

Premier league couldn't deny as they've only 1 fit senior keeper.
Randolph is injured as well.

They've already said Radu will play this weekend so Travers goes on the bench you'd assume 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Yeah the only way they'll have been allowed call him back is if there's an injury issue with a couple of keepers.

Not sure how this will affect him come January if he pushed for another loan. Unless he's allowed back to Stoke he can't join another club having played for two already this season.
Pretty sure there's a fifa rule that he can only go back to Stoke on loan if he plays for Bournemouth in this period.

Can't play midweek in the league cup either as he's cup tied.

Overall seems pointless. Could have just got someone from the u23s onto the bench for a few games 

Edited by wanderer - 27 Oct 2023 at 6:27pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 6:46pm
Why is he not starting over that other keeper who has only ever played in the Serie B?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 12:53am
Second time Bournemouth have done this to Travers. They recalled him from Swindon too and he hardly played after going back that time. He should be raging if he doesn't get the first team games while Neto is out, has been completely screwed by his own club again if so.

Best case scenario is they give this one game to the other keeper because he's trained with them all week and then Travers comes back in after that.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 9:07am
He has been good for Stoke as well
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Second time Bournemouth have done this to Travers. They recalled him from Swindon too and he hardly played after going back that time. He should be raging if he doesn't get the first team games while Neto is out, has been completely screwed by his own club again if so.

Best case scenario is they give this one game to the other keeper because he's trained with them all week and then Travers comes back in after that.

Be interesting to see how Muric and his agent reacts to him getting dropped after getting Burnley up compared to Travers! Travers happy to be treated like a 2nd class citizen by Bournemouth and take loans to nothing 2nd tier teams like Stoke. 

Irish players in general seriously need to start getting advised better beyond ignorant Englander English agents that think football doesn’t exist outside the EFL! 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 2:40pm
Neto and Randolph already back in full training for Bournemouth, how utterly pointless was it to recall Travers? You'd be fuming if you were him. Didn't even spot him in any of the first team training pics from yesterday either.

Edited by Bandwagon - 10 Nov 2023 at 2:40pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 6:08pm
Stoke have signed Leicester goalkeeper Daniel Iversen on loan, so seems unlikely Travers will be returning back there.
We're decent enough..
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Stoke have signed Leicester goalkeeper Daniel Iversen on loan, so seems unlikely Travers will be returning back there.

I feel sorry for Travers the way things worked out. Hopefully he gets out of Bournemouth permanently in the summer to a good championship club. He needs to do what’s best for his career and that’s not sitting on his hole. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
  Share Topic