You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vegetarian receipes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:15am

Bob you could try by just using quorn products as substitutes, so use their quorn mince when making spaghetti or chili or their meatballs for pasta, they have loads of products.

Had wraps for dinner last night with fried halloumi, roasted red pepper, spinach, avocado and beetroot, put mayo, chili sauce and ballymaloe jalapeno relish on them, f**king whopper they were, bit of potato salad on the side.

Veg stir fries are always an easy go to meal, beans on toast with an egg, fish fingers/beans/egg, omelettes, pasta bakes or even the 4 cheese pasta's with some sauce and veg. There's loads you can do really to vary your diet with vegetarian food.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
sprouts from Garryowen
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Bob you could try by just using quorn products as substitutes, so use their quorn mince when making spaghetti or chili or their meatballs for pasta, they have loads of products.

Had wraps for dinner last night with fried halloumi, roasted red pepper, spinach, avocado and beetroot, put mayo, chili sauce and ballymaloe jalapeno relish on them, f**king whopper they were, bit of potato salad on the side.

Veg stir fries are always an easy go to meal, beans on toast with an egg, fish fingers/beans/egg, omelettes, pasta bakes or even the 4 cheese pasta's with some sauce and veg. There's loads you can do really to vary your diet with vegetarian food.

Agree on the second two points, wrap sounds lovely! But disagree on Quorn , it isn't good for you, no highly processed food is, one of the great marketing successes of the last few years

I'm tyring the same thing lately with veg, just buy various typres of beans, lentils, mushrooms, corn, peas, peppers, brocolli etc, cook that up in the evenings and then mix in with tinned tomatos and sometimes bake it with egg, can add spices to change the flavour then. Usually have veg left over so would do that with meat.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

Check out Gerry Adams cook book there Bob

Come out Ye Rack of Lamb LOL LOL

LOL

Instead of lamb shank you have lamb kneecaps. 

No orange sauce though for Gerry
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:49am
Yeah, Quorn definitely isn't healthy. It is also possibly the most disgusting foodstuff ever invented and it helped make Mo Farah richer. It has no redeeming features.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:11pm

LOLLOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:40pm
there is so much irony in that clip, well done gearoid ClapLOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

Instead of lamb shank you have lamb kneecaps. 

No orange sauce though for Gerry

Wink LOL

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:41pm
I see 9 Fingers already posted it Thumbs Up. Funniest video I've seen in along time, Gerry is a total oddball 

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 14 Nov 2018 at 1:42pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:46pm
Try Tofu Bob . Very easy to cook some are better than others the Japanese Tofu is very light and brakes up but quality I must say .
Cook with veg a light sauce and Bobs your ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well you know what I mean .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:46pm
That is a cracking video, the bit where the book comes out of the bush is a personal highlight.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:27pm
Long Quiche LOL

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:49pm
Have a look at The Happy Pear Youtube channel. If you can get past the fact that they are insufferable eejits, they do cook some really good food. Most of the stuff on their channel doesn't take long to cook and is cheap to make

I'll whatsapp you a few other recipes
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

is Gaz still in that Happy Pear cult?

Cool
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:56pm
Why do the assume the pear is happy? If the poor **** is in their company he is probably slicing himself.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:09pm
No poppy seed bread for Ore Gerry
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 3:19pm

Can anyone recommend some, or even restaurants if you know of any.

I'm looking to try and reduce the meat and have vegetarian and fish only daysBig smile 

It's vegan as opposed to vegetarian but made it twice this week. On second occasion substituted the pak choi for aubergine. Personally I prefer it with pak choi. A very tasty and simple dish.

bok choy = pak choi

Edited by colemanY2K - 16 Nov 2018 at 3:27pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic