You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 8:20pm
Up to his old tricks. Whats this now, the 4th or 5th manager thats cited disciplinary issues with him? Would want to sort himself out.

Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Up to his old tricks. Whats this now, the 4th or 5th manager thats cited disciplinary issues with him? Would want to sort himself out.

Sounds more like they weren't playing him in the last few games as they weren't going to sign him so he probably wasn't applying himself in training. That's my reading of it anyway 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 11:09pm
That's not what it says though, it says he had discipline issues....you can write your own narrative in to that of course but there's plenty of precedents already with him.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

That's not what it says though, it says he had discipline issues....you can write your own narrative in to that of course but there's plenty of precedents already with him.

No. Not about Obafemi he doesn't.
Read it.

The disciplinary issue comment is specifically about Nisbett the other player who didn't feature today. He addresses both separately  
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

No. Not about Obafemi he doesn't.
Read it.

The disciplinary issue comment is specifically about Nisbett the other player who didn't feature today. He addresses both separately  

Asked for more detail on if both were clear disciplinary breaches, Harris added: “Kevin disciplinary yes. Michael was based around discipline but also around that we’re not going to look to sign him in the transfer window, so no need to include him.”

You need to read it again. Clearly some disciplinary issues there. Would appear that these issues are either not as bad as the other guy's or that he isn't as concerned about them as Obafemi won't be his player next season. 
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 49 minutes ago at 10:03pm
I support Millwall, and am on several forums and fan pages. The disciplinary issue here was relatively minor, it was for being late to training multiple times. He might only be 5/10 mins late sometimes, but it happens regularly. 

He is considered a good lad overall, not a bad egg, just a bit disorganised and needs to improve professionalism. 

Edited by Tweetering - 6 hours 47 minutes ago at 10:05pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 46 minutes ago at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

I support Millwall, and am on several forums and fan pages. The disciplinary issue here was relatively minor, it was for being late to training multiple times. He might only be 5/10 mins late, but it happens regularly. 

He is considered a good lad overall, not a bad egg, just a bit disorganised and needs to improve professionalism. 

Hardly minor. Nothing worse than someone being late. How fooking hard is it. Has to be the number 1 no no as a footballer esp for any manager.
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 41 minutes ago at 10:11pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I support Millwall, and am on several forums and fan pages. The disciplinary issue here was relatively minor, it was for being late to training multiple times. He might only be 5/10 mins late, but it happens regularly. 

Hardly minor. Nothing worse than someone being late. How fooking hard is it. Has to be the number 1 no no as a footballer esp for any manager.

Took the words out of my mouth. 

Afaik he hasn't acted the bollocks in the international set up and he seems to have poor form at club level in terms of discipline but if he ever is late for training for Ireland he should be kicked out the squad immediately. 

He might need some tough love. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 35 minutes ago at 10:17pm

I support Millwall, and am on several forums and fan pages. The disciplinary issue here was relatively minor, it was for being late to training multiple times. He might only be 5/10 mins late sometimes, but it happens regularly. 

Good, good that its not coke & hookers or just a natural born ***t waster like the Galway man. Seems to be following him around a bit though. Fixable but he needs to fix it properly and now. Still contracted at a good level club. Still a chance. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 32 minutes ago at 10:20pm

Nah, he's a scumbag waster who must be pilloried at every waking moment! Can't be that these supposed "disciplinary issues" are minor incidents, and we'll of course ignore the manager's comments that he has no issue with him and thinks he's done well for them on loan.
We're decent enough..
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 32 minutes ago at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Good, good that its not coke & hookers or just a natural born ***t waster like the Galway man. Seems to be following him around a bit though. Fixable but he needs to fix it properly and now. Still contracted at a good level club. Still a chance. 

Nice bit of libel there you absolute space cadet.
We're decent enough..
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 30 minutes ago at 10:22pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Nah, he's a scumbag waster who must be pilloried at every waking moment! Can't be that these supposed "disciplinary issues" are minor incidents, and we'll of course ignore the manager's comments that he has no issue with him and thinks he's done well for them on loan.

Look up one post above your most recent offering there.

You absolute melt of a human 
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 57 minutes ago at 10:55pm
If a lad is constantly 5 - 10 minutes late all the time thats a choice. You can excuse it happening the odd time but if its a constant theme it becomes an issue. Try that in the business world and see how you get on being constantly late to meetings, sh*t even a factory job where you have to clock in everyday you'd be fired within a few weeks if you were constantly late by even a minute.

Between him and Connolly its just one excuse after another. I dont understand how lads are still defending them. Both are old enough now to be relatively seasoned pros and should know what it takes to be a top player. Both have talent, both are wasting it in one way or another. Im sick of them personally and hope the next generation of Ferguson, O'Mahoney, Fraser etc do better professionally than this. 

Turn up to fcuking work on time, not a lot to ask for 
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126
  Share Topic