You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"MISSING" IRELAND SHIRT.LET DOWN BY FAI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:05pm
I'd donate a few bob Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Sponsored Links

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Although going to a solicitor will possibly cost you more than the cost of a jersey....

Possibly, but surely he's lost a lot of his time at this stage and a conclusion would be worth the money.

I don't think the cost would be prohibitive either.
Although, I obviously don't know, nor is it any of my business, what the OPs means are.

I had to get some legal advice about a year ago and the consultation was E50 for half an hour. I had my questions all written out and took full advantage!
Solicitors around larger cities may be more expensive but hopefully under E100 for a similar consultation.

Also, I'd doubt any solicitor would advise court action or anything like that over a lost jersey. Small claims court possibly?

The point of seeing the solicitor would be seeing what the options are and looking to put the saga to bed one way or another.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:07am
And to think people give these people their hard earned cash to attend games
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:31am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Although going to a solicitor will possibly cost you more than the cost of a jersey....

As has been the case all along, it's not about money.

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 11:00am
I have suffered a monetary loss in terms of the jersey and also the fact that i have missed two games on my current Season Ticket but it is not now nor ever was about the money.

Like any Irish fan i guess i just wanted my support to have been given some consideration by the FAI when this situation arose. Of course on the bigger scheme of things the FAI have much more challenging issues to tackle, but i felt that one well placed phonecall/email would have solved this but for some reason it was never made.

Thats support as it should be. Or so i am told.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

I have suffered a monetary loss in terms of the jersey and also the fact that i have missed two games on my current Season Ticket but it is not now nor ever was about the money.

Like any Irish fan i guess i just wanted my support to have been given some consideration by the FAI when this situation arose. Of course on the bigger scheme of things the FAI have much more challenging issues to tackle, but i felt that one well placed phonecall/email would have solved this but for some reason it was never made.

Are you prepared to draw a line under it or pursue a civil case/legal action with the help of a solicitor?
If I was you I wouldn't make any more contact with the FAI.
You were passed around from suit to suit there. In hindsight you shouldve stopped when the second fella made no head way.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

My advice is take it on the chin & move on. You've no chance & if you think they give a shot then think again. Also, my advice is to get your ticket back & start attending games again. Don't bite your nose to spite your face.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:18pm
Is this not a case of theft, plain and simple? You left property with someone else to have a service performed on it. It has since disappeared.

By comparison, if I left my car into the mechanics, only to come back later for them to say they don't know where it is, I'd be onto the cops.

Is there a real difference between these two cases?
City Till I Die
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:23pm
Shocking stuff
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 9:16am
I think with the history of the way fai has treated fans this is one that will be just forgotten by them and they won't give a sh@t if you miss games , they should be encouraging your hobby and helping out in any way but that would be too sensible and obvious. Get your ticket back and join the long list of unhappy fans hoping one day there be a change from the top down. I gave up ST and regretted it and ended costing double buying tickets per game.
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic