You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bataclan Theatre - We shall remember

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:27pm
Wasn't there an Irish man shot there?
Sponsored Links

OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

I don't think it's fair to say "what has it got to do with irish football supporters anyway?. Surely is a an issue for humanity. Agree with u about selective grieving though. There have been many equal or worse massacres the world over in recent times and i don't see anybody falling over themselves to pay their respects to the victims of those. Personally if i am in the area i may pay my respects

Seems people are forgetting that on the night in question there was an attack on Stade de France where thankfully they didn't get in.

Up to each of us to decide what we want to do or not do.

But won't criticise someone for suggesting it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 7:28am
The problem I have is its selective grieving. There have been many instances in Paris in recent years. If you mourn one you should mourn them all.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
KenSRFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenSRFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 7:46am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The problem I have is its selective grieving. There have been many instances in Paris in recent years. If you mourn one you should mourn them all.

Why should people mourn them all? If thats a problem you have you musnt have much to be bothering you

Can people not make personal choices these days without others passing judgement?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 8:32am
Originally posted by KenSRFC KenSRFC wrote:

Why should people mourn them all? If thats a problem you have you musnt have much to be bothering you

Can people not make personal choices these days without others passing judgement?
because every human life is equal. FOUR HUNDRED people drowned in the Med last week and there wasn't a wimper on ybig about it. Prince dies and the place goes into meltdown. An attack in Paris and the place goes into meltdown.

Will lads go to the kosher supermarket to pay respects? Maybe buy a loaf of bread while there to show solidarity. Maybe visit the gas factory where the boss had hos chopped off? It's all bollocks. The very fact we're going to France at all is a big f**k you to Isis and their extremist pals.

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Apr 2016 at 8:35am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 9:37am
I am not saying the OP here is doing it but people like to boost their own egos by saying that they are going to do something after a tragedy happens and people tell them how great they are for doing so . Usually the ones that go quietly about their mourning or donations are the most sincere .
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 9:48am

The very fact we're going to France at all is a big f**k you to Isis and their extremist pals.

I think you're being quite harsh to the OP of this thread Coleman, he should be able to suggest what he has without being admonished for it, however you are spot on with the above line. At the end of the day that's the most important thing for everyone to remember.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The very fact we're going to France at all is a big f**k you to Isis and their extremist pals.

I think you're being quite harsh to the OP of this thread Coleman, he should be able to suggest what he has without being admonished for it, however you are spot on with the above line. At the end of the day that's the most important thing for everyone to remember.

Don't listen to him, sure he got an annual subscription to Charlie Hebdo, 'for the cause'.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic