You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 899091
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 1:02pm
Good result on Friday night, great crowd up too.  Galway will tell a lot on Friday night, but pretty hopeful for the season.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:26am
Has to be a joke…..Noel king!!!!!!
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 1:28am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Has to be a joke…..Noel king!!!!!!
Does this rule him out of the Ireland job?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 2:04pm
Bit of a surreal moment here in Drogheda as Dundalk owner Brian Ainscough appeared to be rowing with a couple of home supporters for a minute. Drogheda steward had to tell Ainscough to calm down, who held his hand up to apologize. Never seen anything like that at a game.

Very surreal indeed. Ainscough, sitting in the main stand, called a Drogheda supporter a ‘baldy bastard’ or a ‘baldy bollocks.’ Couldn’t quite get a consensus on that one. Neither particularly becoming of a club owner.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bit of a surreal moment here in Drogheda as Dundalk owner Brian Ainscough appeared to be rowing with a couple of home supporters for a minute. Drogheda steward had to tell Ainscough to calm down, who held his hand up to apologize. Never seen anything like that at a game.

Very surreal indeed. Ainscough, sitting in the main stand, called a Drogheda supporter a ‘baldy bastard’ or a ‘baldy bollocks.’ Couldn’t quite get a consensus on that one. Neither particularly becoming of a club owner.

LOL

Why were they rowing?  They must have watched the Boat Race recently.   Of course I'm an Oxford man myself.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 3:33pm
10 games is a huge suspension for a player to get.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 4:39pm
Called the ref an Irish **** 

Edited by The GerK - 09 May 2024 at 4:40pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Called the ref an Irish **** 

Was it not Fenian, as opposed to Irish? He said he didn't understand the meaning of the word after. 
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 9:51pm
Let me get this straight.

Player playing for an Irish team, with Irish teammates, uses an anti-Irish slur against a referee?

Okay.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 10:15pm
If that’s what he called him then he’s a f*cking clown.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 10:41pm
Stupid of course but im wondering what would the punishment be in the PL if say Coleman called a referee an English ***t?
I love beer gardens
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:03am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Stupid of course but im wondering what would the punishment be in the PL if say Coleman called a referee an English ***t?
That’s not our concern, it’ a foreign leagueThumbs Up
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:30am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Player playing for an Irish team, with Irish teammates, uses an anti-Irish slur against a referee?

Okay.
....a player playing for an Irish team, who himself is English.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:12am

10 game minimum. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:07am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

10 game minimum. 

So it's universal..ah i see.
I love beer gardens
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:40am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Okay.
....a player playing for an Irish team, who himself is English.

I wonder what would happen if a Serbian footballer playing in a Bosnian or Albanian team called someone an ethnic slur in Bosnia or Albania. Probably wouldn't make it out of the stadium alive.

People don't tend to just randomly be racist against Irish people either. If they have those views about Irish people you can be sure they have them about black people and other minorities as well, but I'm sure George knows what would and would not get him a severe pasting so is quiet as a mouse farting in church when he has any contretemps with solidly built young black men, like all the little cowards and bigots of his ilk.

Edited by razzmatazaz - Yesterday at 12:13pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:44pm

Okay.

Yep, bizarre.

Although, it's similar to fans who racially abuse opposition black players, while cheering on black players on their own team.

There is no point trying to understand the ignorance of some people.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:50pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

10 game minimum. 

So it's universal..ah i see.
Does it matter? Ah its ok some other player somewhere else in another country got away with 5, 6, 9, 15 whatever games for similar. 10 games isn't half enough. 

Edited by Sham157 - Yesterday at 9:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 899091
  Share Topic