You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World Cup Group A - Brazil,Croatia,Mexico,Cameroon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Group A - Brazil,Croatia,Mexico,Cameroon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
Poll Question: To qualify
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.44%]
24 [58.54%]
1 [2.44%]
3 [7.32%]
1 [2.44%]
11 [26.83%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Ya I'd agree. I've seen a few better than that, including as recently as last night as USA got the better of Portugal only to get done by a piece of genius from Ronaldo.
Aus v hol was better as was spa v hol and alg v s Korea.
agreed, but not forgetting Germany Vs Ghana - super game with two very good teams.

Cameroon are without doubt the most disorganized team at the WC.

Fighting with each other, fighting with the opposition, and disastrous defending. They were the car crash team of the tournament.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:06am
Brazil looked a good team for the first time in the tournament when they brought Fernandinho on

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 24 Jun 2014 at 9:06am
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Brazil looked a good team for the first time in the tournament when they brought Fernandinho on
yep, I thought they improved with him on the pitch. Hes a very good player.

That said, Neymar is dragging them single-handedly along through this tournament though. Absolutely superb and all the more so given the pressure on his head. He's getting very little help from many on his team.

Interesting Stat last night - Cameroon 14 fouls and 3 Bookings and FIFA-Brazil 19 fouls and no bookings.

Neymar and the referees are also doing their job to ensure the Golden team wins the tournament LOLLOL 

Way to go FIFA-BRazil!!! ClapClap
To drink all your beer,
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Anyone else think the Mexican coach is the spit of Nick Griffin?

I said this when they played Cameroon, he's so alike I can't take him serious LOL

I actually think he looks more like that GAA goalkeeper Shane Curran;

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 9:35am
Croatia were fooked after 60 minutes last night, dead on their feet. 

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

That said, Neymar is dragging them single-handedly along through this tournament though. Absolutely superb and all the more so given the pressure on his head. He's getting very little help from many on his team.

Interesting Stat last night - Cameroon 14 fouls and 3 Bookings and FIFA-Brazil 19 fouls and no bookings.

Neymar and the referees are also doing their job to ensure the Golden team wins the tournament LOLLOL 

Cameroon definitely deserved their bookings. I thought they were a bit nasty at times. In fact, they should have got another one. Not sure if Brazil fouls were very poor but it was a high number of fouls to concede
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 11:50am
Croatia Mexico match was very heated. Guardado mouthing off at Srna saying it was a dive when he clearly took him out of it LOL

Well deserved sending off too, cowards tackle, lucky the mexican fella didnt follow through with his kick.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Well deserved sending off too, cowards tackle, lucky the mexican fella didnt follow through with his kick.

Have to say that I didnt think it was THAT bad.
Yellow at worst.
Twenty years ago it wasnt even a foul.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yellow at worst.

Really? Definitely deserving of a red IMO. Potential leg breaker if the mexican lad had followed through with his kick.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Cameroon definitely deserved their bookings. I thought they were a bit nasty at times. In fact, they should have got another one. Not sure if Brazil fouls were very poor but it was a high number of fouls to concede
Not disagreeing on teh Cameroon bookings but...
Luiz body checks Cameroon guy, floors him - no booking
Marcello takes a guy late - no booking

Those two alone wre bookables (and the equivalents by Cameroon were booked rightly so) but the ref bottled it cos the guys doing the fouling were in yellow. Joke and cowardly refereeing.

The straight red sending off in the Mexico game I thought was justified.  - late, studs up, caught the guys leg. only for the guy jumped off the floor it could have been so much worse.

The Croatian knew it himself when the ref went for the card and he didn't even bother arguing.

FIFA-Brazil will get special treatment from everyone until some team manage to beat their 12 men.

To drink all your beer,
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:37pm
Not everything is a conspiracy you know.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yellow at worst.
Really? Definitely deserving of a red IMO. Potential leg breaker if the mexican lad had followed through with his kick.
Defo red for me too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 12:46pm
Looked worse in real time than what it was, but at the same time a red card was correct, i thought 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

You obviously haven't read the Sunday times articles about FIFA!!! LOLLOL

To drink all your beer,
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 1:23pm

LOLLOLLOL

Shock horror, the big team/home team gets the majority of decisions from the ref
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 1:29pm

LOLLOLLOL

Bit of a difference between the Qatar World Cup bidding team bribing various African football associations for votes and suggesting FIFA have told referees to make sure Brazil win the tournament.

As Keitho says above, home teams generally get more favourable decisions.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 24 Jun 2014 at 1:30pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 1:52pm
If it was the big conspiracy that so many people seem to want it to be then Marcelo would have had a penalty at the end of the Mexico game and Cameroon's Enoh would have been sent off in the 48th minute yesterday for a blatant hack when he was already booked.

As for 19 fouls and no bookings, they made 5 fouls and had 2 bookings in the first game.
It is clear throughout the tournament that persistent and cynical fouling is not being punished by referees. Instead it seems each foul is being judged individually, with previous fouls having no impact on the referees decision whether to book the player or not. It's not just Brazil getting away with it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 9:25am
Poll results - 10 out of 40 correct
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
  Share Topic