You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

With Shamrock Rovers now with Warrior its only a matter of time before the Ireland stuff is Warrior imo. If as JC says its going to be umbro why have Bohs and Rovers both left umbro as nearly every other umbro team? Why has the umbro shop in westmoreland street been discontinued?

If it is umbro then why the sudden "extinction" of the brand? When is the next home jersey coming out if it is umbro?

Bohs went to Macron because the deal was far better financially than the previous umbro and diadora deals, simple as that.

The warrior home Liverpool kits have actually been very nice, it's the away ones that look bogey. I see no reason to doubt JC on this anyway.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

With Shamrock Rovers now with Warrior its only a matter of time before the Ireland stuff is Warrior imo. If as JC says its going to be umbro why have Bohs and Rovers both left umbro as nearly every other umbro team? Why has the umbro shop in westmoreland street been discontinued?

If it is umbro then why the sudden "extinction" of the brand? When is the next home jersey coming out if it is umbro?

Bohs went to Macron because the deal was far better financially than the previous umbro and diadora deals, simple as that.

The warrior home Liverpool kits have actually been very nice, it's the away ones that look bogey. I see no reason to doubt JC on this anyway.

Why the Rovers switch then? They were Umbro Irelands marquee team.  If Umbro Ireland are different to Umbro international then why have they lost at least 2 of their main LOI teams? Why has the umbro shop shut down never to be seen again-presumably? Why has the umbro.ie website not been updated in ages? It still has Rovers as one of their teams. It's still advertising the  black Ireland jersey as the 'new Ireland away kit' which was launched last March. Why have nearly every umbro team in Europe switched to someone else?  The company has been asset stripped of every team it seems. We will see what Pats and Cork have next season.
 Just seems logical to me that there is a mass move away from umbro by all its teams so I don't see why Ireland would be any different.  I'm sure JC can switch over the contracts to Warrior seeing as he holds both licences here.

'Oh and one more thing sir...'
http://gocreate.com/workouts/images/columbo1signed.jpg

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 1:49pm
Trap 'Colombo' Junior Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 2:30pm
No doubt theyre pulling out/being sold off worldwide, sure look at their remaining teams they sponsor here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbro#National_teams ...sweet f**k all left.

But I reckon we're with them as per contract agreements till 2020. My guess is i that time we wont see as many jerseys released as we have in the past few years, and if we see new ones they'll most likely be rehashed designs.
johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:33pm
I'd suggest you read my reply which I've reposted - especially the second half on it! TJ has a personal agenda and is a WUM...end of! He hasn't a clue what he's talking about and it's pure biased speculation! That's the end if my biting on this issue...tired repeating the same old thing....

Edited by johnnycee - 28 Dec 2013 at 3:38pm
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:34pm
I quiet like our umbro stuff.. we have got some great one off stuff that we wouldnt get with other brands, and johnnycee is a personal touch which we simply wouldn't get with adidas nike puma or o'neills. One gripe I have is the current jerseys dont fit great on my beer belly(possibly not umbro's fault ) on this note what happened to umbros robbie keane 60 goals jersey which was mentioned on twitter

Edited by foggy.nelson - 28 Dec 2013 at 3:35pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by johnnycee johnnycee wrote:

I'd suggest you read my reply which I've reposted - especially the second half on it! TJ has a personal agenda and is a WUM...end of! He hasn't a clue what he's talking about and it's pure biased speculation! That's the end if my biting on this issue...tired repeating the same old thing....

Just stating the facts that Umbro have been asset stripped of nearly all their teams JC.  I have asked you about the Westmoreland Street Store but you never replied. When it first shut you said on here that it was the high rent but then why didn't you go back into Carrolls? And they hardly stock Ireland stuff anymore, just leftover kiddies sizes and reject stock basically from what I see. Seems strange thats all.

As head of Umbro ireland and supposedly wanting to rebuild the Umbro brand (or just maintain a strong footing in Irish football)  it just seems unusual that you would move Rovers over to Warrior and let other teams go somewhere else.  Is Warrior your main brand now? No personal agenda at play here just curious.Thumbs Up  Any idea when the new home jersey is coming out?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic