Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sir Alex Ferguson to retire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Cantona couldn't have been a transfer record, was he not 1m or 1.5m or something?

Yeah about 1.5m don't think Pallister was a record either unless it was a record for a defender.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 15 May 2013 at 10:07am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Was just reading this in the paper and just wondering how many times did Ferguson and Utd actually break the British transfer record?

Seven times I believe.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:01am
Pallister was a record between British clubs at the time.
Ian Rush to/from Juve highest at the time.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 12:00pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Sir alex by far the best poster in this section
true but not overly hard is it

It would be easy to ignore these posts if you two weren't so f**king handsome.

Heart

I know some lads on here and know they know their ball - I just wish some of them would post in the Rest of the World section!

Edited by Siralex - 17 May 2013 at 4:48pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 5:25pm
Listening to fergie on the radio today discuss his summer plans was so strange

The reality is really setting in now
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Approx NET transfer spend, Fergie era (since Nov86): #cfc £726m (3 titles); #mcfc £538m (1); #lfc £331m (2); #mufc £307m (13); #afc £58m (5)

Inflation surely has to come into play, when you consider how much United were spending throughout the 90s compared to every other side with the possible exception of Newcastle.

Just another manipulated fact. YAWN.

It will be interesting to see when United are fighting for a EL spot under
Moe Szyslak .

Remind me again where are Everton in relation to Liverpool in the league this season bearing in mind how much Rodgers,Hodsgon and Dalglish have spent over the past few years compared to Everton Embarrassed

I don't need to remind you. Both teams are in a completely pointless position.

Liverpool have won the CL, UEFA Cup, Fa Cup, League Cup and Super Cup since Everton last won a trophy.

Good luck with Moe Szyslak next year and I am wishing him the same success that he had with Everton with United

Absolutley Hilarious from the ABU's today. Convinced Moyes will be a failure all because he hasn't won anything with Everton LOL  

If that's the benchmark Liverpool are f*cked with Rodgers

Sure if that was the only credentials required di mateo would be ahead of pretty much every other manager in England for jobs

Horsebox Cool
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Good points and I would be very much of the view that there is not definitive answer on this and it's not a binary decision Moyer good or moyes bad. Life and football and managerial decisions are rarely such black and white issues.

I think moyes is a very good manager but it would be careless to perform any analysis of the situation and not mention the concerns such as lack of European experience and lack of trophies and the issue of Ferguson dominating the club.

All of that should be offset against the positives in go favour such as coaching ability, hard work. Character and man management skills and stability

Just looking at this now and it seems that the positives I had down for Moyes are not really kicking in.  His coaching ability this season has been shocking as has his man management skills.   Re reading this thread and the posters who were going mad because people highlighted concerns about Moyes as managers. 

Annoys me about football when people blindly defend their club or will have nothing negative said about it even when logic suggests the opposite. Most clubs fans are guilty of it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Liverpool fans rejoicing that Fergie is no longer United manager is like Antrim fans celebrating that Brian Cody isn't taking Kilkenny this year

LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You did not bump this Baggio Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Liverpool fans rejoicing that Fergie is no longer United manager is like Antrim fans celebrating that Brian Cody isn't taking Kilkenny this year

LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You did not bump this Baggio Wink

Oh
Embarrassed
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 2:56pm
Ah harry, there's another United fraud who has disappeared off the forum Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 394041
  Share Topic