man utd will announce it tomorrow

Replies:
Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:45pm
All the papers have it but tis still only a rumour

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:47pm
I was expecting him to do another year.

Many years ago I put money on Lippi to replace him, so fingers crossed that I'm about to cash in on that LOL

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:49pm
well all im saying is i got a text from a very good friend of mine in manchester and he passed that onto me and he has never ever been wrong on anything else b4 he has ever told me

Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:51pm
Get it right deco not first

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:53pm
Shocked

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: nvidic
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Many years ago I put money on Lippi to replace him, so fingers crossed that I'm about to cash in on that LOL

Lippi sitting pretty in china, hard luck chiefLOL

I have one of those bets though, 8/1 tevez go to boca next, down a few years now, he has openly said he'd go there next though

Posted By: Del-Piero

Marcello Lippi Clap Genius

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Baldy is bound to ruin this thread

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:59pm
Lord that would be some revelation. I presume it would be with immediate effect once the season ends?
As a liverpool fan I would be naturally glad and that's as good a compliment as I can give him. He's been phenomenal.
Can't see it happening though, il have kicked the bucket and he'l still be chewing gum on the line!

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:00am
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/07/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united" rel="nofollow - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/07/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:06am
deffo going lads i assure ye have a bit more info on it and have told another lad i trust here but im not saying anything on forum

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:07am
Its too soon to resign. He still has a few years left in him yet. Bad decision to retire now. He still has the hunger.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:07am
Interesting that this rumour came out after the NYSE closed so I wonder is there anything in it.
as the NYSE doesn't open again until 2pm our time tomorrow so an annoucement from the club at some stage tomorrow morning is plausible.

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:11am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22444088" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22444088

Every paper seems to be covering it too.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:12am
all papers will cover it tomorrow dont think any of them will go with the true story tho

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:13am
Roy Keane to take over from Ferguson

By Roy Curtis

Tuesday night 7th May will go down in history. The great Alex Ferguson retired from football management after 27yrs of service to Manchester United. The news came as a shock to the footballing world who were expecting a retirement further down the line. Ferguson was widely expected to be at the helm at Old Trafford for the forthcoming 2013/14 season at the very least.  Meanwhile the Sunday World has learned from an inside source that Roy Keane is to take over and has signed a contract to manage the Red Devils and will come into affect on July 1.   

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:15am
What do you mean the true story?
Are you saying there is a reason for him leaving that they aren't reporting?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:17am
just looking back over odds, last time moyes was over 5/1 was august 20th, hardly a huge shock if he gets it

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:18am
Was talking to my cousin who is ground staff in old trafford and apparently its gonna be moyes coming in as assistant for a year and then taking over in 14/15. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:19am
Have to say this is a very interesting thread!!
If something does materialize it is huge news.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:23am

BBC's Chief Sport correspondent:

Dan Roan @danroan https://twitter.com/danroan/status/331910061762961408" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Was talking to my cousin who is ground staff in old trafford and apparently its gonna be moyes coming in as assistant for a year and then taking over in 14/15. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

heard that 2 days ago from multiple sources, including ybigLOL

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:29am
Ya i was told it by him 3 or 4 days ago but didnt believe him one bit and i taught if i put it up i would look stupid coming out with a statement like that 

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:29am
Its all over the Irish Indo too:

Ferguson retires in shock move
   writes Daniel McDonnell    23:42 May 7 2013

Alex Ferguson is expected to stand down from Manchester United today after 27 yrs of managerial sevice at the Theatre of Dreams. The news broke on social media sites shortly before midnight yesterday evening and these rumours proved to become more persistent and authentic. It is understood the Glazers and Ferguson had a private meeting sometime over last weekend in which they discussed Fergusons continued tenure at the Old Trafford outfit.  Ferguson it is said to have offered up his resignation after much soul searching and discussion with his family. Old trafford staff say Ferguson was seen leaving Boardroom B in the West Stand at Old Trafford wiping a tear from his eye last Sunday.  The Club are expected to publically announce the departure at a press conference at 2pm today.  Meanwhile the Irish Independent has learned that Roy Keane is to take over on July 1 after Ferguson and Bobby Charlton made strong recommendations to the Glazer family. Ferguson is understood to have put aside personal issues for the good of the club and sees Keane as having the qualities necessary to continue on the Ferguson tradition of hard work and intense hunger.  Keane is expected to attend todays scheduled press conference at Old Trafford.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:30am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Lippi sitting pretty in china, hard luck chiefLOL

I have one of those bets though, 8/1 tevez go to boca next, down a few years now, he has openly said he'd go there next though

Yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time (2006). Not looking so smart now.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:31am
I hope you edited in the keane bit yourself because united will be lucky to get top 4 with him in charge

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

writes Daniel McDonnell    23:42 May 7 2013

Alex Ferguson is expected to stand down from Manchester United today after 27 yrs of managerial sevice at the Theatre of Dreams. The news broke on social media sites shortly before midnight yesterday evening and these rumours proved to become more persistent and authentic. It is understood the Glazers and Ferguson had a private meeting sometime over last weekend in which they discussed Fergusons continued tenure at the Old Trafford outfit.  Ferguson it is said to have offered up his resignation after much soul searching and discussion with his family. Old trafford staff say Ferguson was seen leaving Boardroom B in the West Stand at Old Trafford wiping a tear from his eye last Sunday.  The Club are expected to publically announce the departure at a press conference at 2pm today.  Meanwhile the Irish Independent has learned that Roy Keane is to take over on July 1 after Ferguson and Bobby Charlton made strong recommendations to the Glazer family. Ferguson is understood to have put aside personal issues for the good of the club and sees Keane as having the qualities necessary to continue on the Ferguson tradition of hard work and intense hunger.  Keane is expected to attend todays scheduled press conference at Old Trafford.

It's gathering pace, that wasn't in the indo website a quarter of an hour ago when I looked.

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:33am
Ferguson is going to replace Trap I heard from a good source

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:35am

I hope you edited in the keane bit yourself because united will be lucky to get top 4 with him in charge

Oh dear LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

writes Daniel McDonnell    23:42 May 7 2013

It's gathering pace, that wasn't in the indo website a quarter of an hour ago when I looked.

That's because Trap Jr hadn't written it yet.

Posted By: keitho5
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Oh dear LOL

-------------
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:39am
I don't know am I hallucinating reading some of this stuff at this hour of the night, Roy Keane

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:41am
I'm here watching highlights of the national league final again, I think they should plump for Cody!
His team win when he's not even there!

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:44am
Jaysus lads

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:45am
Will be very interesting to see what happens. I half expect to wake up and nothing has happened at all. Who would Utd fans want right now so? Mourinho or Moyes? 

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:46am
So how does this work? Do Everton have their press conference first? Wink

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Will be very interesting to see what happens. I half expect to wake up and nothing has happened at all. Who would Utd fans want right now so? Mourinho or Moyes? 

If it comes to pass I think the person is on a hiding to nothing.
I wudnt be gutted if things went belly up rapid

-------------

Posted By: Butch Wilkins
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:49am
He's had a great career the young man. I'm glad he's going out at the top.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:51am
Hope he doesn't retire for another year or two, United will go downhill without him.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:52am
I'm off to sleep, I hope trappatoni is united manager by the time I wake up in the morning.

-------------

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:55am
I don't think Utd will go downhill, or at least downhill rapidly, when Ferguson goes. Too many quality players there and especially if was to be Mourinho, who knows? They could get even better.

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:57am
One of trap juniors better nights :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 12:58am
Jaysus trap has done a few here tonight

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:02am
Ogden will be banned from many more press conferences if this is untrue.

Posted By: Tippbiffo
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:03am
Ferguson should retire and go to Liverpool....at least he would bring them out of the 1980s and teach them how a real and proper winning football team should play...

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Ferguson should retire and go to Liverpool....at least he would bring them out of the 1980s and teach them how a real and proper winning football team should play...

Surely Liverpool are looking for someone to take them back to the 1980s? Getting out of the 1980s was what made everything go wrong in the first place.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:17am
'Ferguson retires from Manchester United after 27 yrs'    --   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10042798/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-considering-retiring-as-Manchester-United-manager-before-end-of-the-week.html" rel="nofollow - - reports the Daily Telegraph's Mark Ogden. - Last updated at - 23:07 GMT

Alex Ferguson is to sensationally retire from football management tomorrow at a 2 pm scheduled news conference at Old Trafford after offering up his resignation to Manchester United owners the Glazer family. It is understood the Glazers met with the Scot after Sunday's game with Chelsea and discussed Ferguson future in the club and talked at length about future plans, signings and how to turn the Manchester side into a Champions League winning force.  At the end of the meeting Ferguson is said to have informed the Glazers that he wanted to discuss the matter with his family before making any decision on his future and would let them know within a a few days.  Last night the Daily Telegraph learned that ferguson met with his family on Tuesday night and discussed in great length his future in football management with United. A family member has told us that his wife Cathy wanted Sir Alex to stand down and spend time with his grandkids and family and outlayed her fears to him about the pressures and constant strain management was putting him under.  Also in a bizarre twist the Daily telegraph has learned that Ferguson informed the Glazers late on Tuesday night about his decision to step down while urging them to employ former captain Roy Keane as manager for the forthcoming season. It has gone unreported how this news was met by the Glazer family but would no doubt not go down too well amongst United faithful.   It is believed Ferguson spoke to Keane via mobile phone on Tuesday and informed him of his retirement plans and to discuss the possibility of hm taking over the helm at Old Trafford.  We contacted Michael Kennedy, Keane's long time solicitor and agent who did not want to comment but said things will become apparent within the next 24 hours.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:20am
Jaysus junior you have way too much time on your hands

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Jaysus junior you have way too much time on your hands

Ah it only takes a minute to copy and paste these articles Gerk

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:04am

Hey the Star has it that he is moving to Watford and Zola going the other way Wink

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Andkend
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:08am
He would be a huge loss to English football- in fact can't imagine the EPL without him.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

He would be a huge loss to English football- in fact can't imagine the EPL without him.

Yeah that'd be my thinking too. Gonna be very strange

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 7:24am
a tough lonely road ahead for United fans now..!

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Posted By: deiseblue
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:11am
Surely the obvious replacement is Sir Alex's little brother Martin - United's Chief European scout ?

After all he has proven winning experience - leading Waterford to a league title in 1967/68 !

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:32am
Legend of a manager. Only thing that will eat away at him is his minimal European success over his 27 years.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Legend of a manager. Only thing that will eat away at him is his minimal European success over his 27 years.

jaysis LOLLOL 

cup winners cup , two CL's,  loads of finals and semis  

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:41am
Sky mailto:Sports‏@SkySports4m" rel="nofollow - Sports@SkySports4m

Sir Alex Ferguson announces retirement at the end of 12/13 season. Replacement to be named by end of the season.  http://t.co/Pkj1MFQ0tS" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:44am
Wow.....

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Tippbiffo
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:48am
What a manager.......afraid of no one.....it's wide open now for the special one to return to English football.......Apparently it is rumoured that sir Alex is going to wolves

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:00am
moyes and mourinho can both be had at odds against now, albeit only just for moyes

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:01am
Hes still odds against on William Hill not to be in charge on the 1st day of next season. If it was such a foregone conclusion and people had viable info there's no way that would be the case. Its all speculation.

On a side note, Paddy Power claiming that they took a number of 4 figure bets on Moyes on Sunday night. He must have forgotten that the maximum liability he has per customer on those markets is 550 quidEmbarrassed The bets mustve been in zlotyEmbarrassed

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:17am
Mark Hughes is available at the minute, i hope the United board remember that

Seriously though, if this is true and he goes at the end of the season where does that leave Mourinho going to Chelsea? yesterday we were hearing that was more or less a done deal. Will this affect it in any way?
Would be a bad time for him to go in the sense that the two most outstanding candidates to replace him (Pep and Mourinho) are unavailable - that is of course if Mourinhos move to Chelsea goes ahead.

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:19am
https://twitter.com/ManUtd_PO" rel="nofollow - - ManUtd_PressOffice - @ManUtd_PO https://twitter.com/ManUtd_PO/status/332046629156818944" rel="nofollow - Sir Alex Ferguson retires. https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thankyousiralex&src=hash" rel="nofollow - #thankyousiralex

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:22am
Confirmed on the club website. Retired.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:23am
I actually don't believe it until I see it.

Tough job trying to fill Fergie's boots.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Confirmed on the club website. Retired.

I can't find it - can you post the link?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:25am
@paddypower: Fergie calls it a day. http://t.co/FOp2oUL5oE said to be distraught. #BoomBoomPow

Posted By: Andkend
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:25am
I think Moyes would be Fergies choice - also Bobby Charlton's - Moyes fits more with their philosophy about football -

What the Americans will do? who knows -

Mourhinho is not such a great manager, sure the whole world knows who he, could he have won the premier league with the team Fergie has this year - I don't think so.

I see why Fergie likes Dortmund - not such a flashy 'buy success' club - strong football principles building a team from the ground up.

Moyes has served his apprenticeship in Everton - now he's ready to take over the helm of the big cruiser.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:26am
In total shock. Thought he would die on the pitch.

I hope im wrong but because he was adamant he wouldnt go up until very recently i'm wondering is it a health conscious decision.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:26am
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/sir-alex-ferguson-to-retire-as-manchester-united-manager.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/sir-alex-ferguson-to-retire-as-manchester-united-manager.aspx

Sir Alex retires

• Thirteenth league title in 26 years will be his last
• Most successful manager in English football history to become a director of Manchester United FC

NYSE: MANU.  Manchester, UK. Sir Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season, Manchester United announced today.

The most successful manager in English football history will bow out after the West Bromwich Albion game on 19 May and join the football club board.

Announcing his decision to retire, Sir Alex Ferguson said:

“The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.

“It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.

“Our training facilities are amongst the finest in global sport and our home Old Trafford is rightfully regarded as one of the leading venues in the world.

“Going forward, I am delighted to take on the roles of both Director and Ambassador for the club. With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future.

“I must pay tribute to my family, their love and support has been essential. My wife Cathy has been the key figure throughout my career,

providing a bedrock of both stability and encouragement. Words are not enough to express what this has meant to me.

“As for my players and staff, past and present, I would like to thank them all for a staggering level of professional conduct and dedication that has helped to deliver so many memorable triumphs. Without their contribution the history of this great club would not be as rich.

“In my early years, the backing of the board, and Sir Bobby Charlton in particular, gave me the confidence and time to build a football club, rather than just a football team.

“Over the past decade, the Glazer family have provided me with the platform to manage Manchester United to the best of my ability and I have been extremely fortunate to have worked with a talented and trustworthy Chief Executive in David Gill. I am truly grateful to all of them.

“To the fans, thank you. The support you have provided over the years has been truly humbling. It has been an honour and an enormous privilege to have had the opportunity to lead your club and I have treasured my time as manager of Manchester United.”

Joel Glazer said:

“Alex has proven time and time again what a fantastic manager he is but he’s also a wonderful person. His determination to succeed and dedication to the Club have been truly remarkable. I will always cherish the wonderful memories he has given us, like that magical night in Moscow."

Avie Glazer said:

“I am delighted to announce that Alex has agreed to stay with the Club as a director. His contributions to Manchester United over the last 26 years have been extraordinary and, like all United fans, I want him to be a part of its future.”

David Gill said:

“I’ve had the tremendous pleasure of working very closely with Alex for 16 unforgettable years – through the Treble, the double, countless trophy wins and numerous signings.

“We knew that his retirement would come one day and we both have been planning for it by ensuring the quality of the squad and club structures are in first class condition.

“Alex’s vision, energy and ability have built teams – both on and off the pitch – that his successor can count on as among the best and most loyal in world sport.

“The way he cares for this club, his staff and for the football family in general is something that I admire. It is a side to him that is often hidden from public view but it is something that I have been privileged to witness in the last 16 years.

“What he has done for this club and for the game in general will never be forgotten. It has been the greatest experience of my working life being alongside Alex and a great honour to be able to call him a friend.”

Follow the latest news and reaction via http://www.ManUtd.com/thankyousiralex" rel="nofollow - www.ManUtd.com/thankyousiralex and #thankyousiralex

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Hes still odds against on William Hill not to be in charge on the 1st day of next season. If it was such a foregone conclusion and people had viable info there's no way that would be the case. Its all speculation.

On a side note, Paddy Power claiming that they took a number of 4 figure bets on Moyes on Sunday night. He must have forgotten that the maximum liability he has per customer on those markets is 550 quidEmbarrassed The bets mustve been in zlotyEmbarrassed

Hope you layed

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:27am
f**king hell.............the day the media have been waiting years for. Cue wall to wall coverage for the next few weeks relating to Fergie and his successor to be (which won't be Mourinho).

Fair play to the man though...one of the greats  Clap

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:29am

Wow, it's actually true, I thought they'd be taking him out in a coffin.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/sir-alex-ferguson-to-retire-as-manchester-united-manager.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/sir-alex-ferguson-to-retire-as-manchester-united-manager.aspx

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:30am
explains a bit why Gill stood down too, i'd say he's known a while

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:32am
Fergie is getting a new hip in the summer so I'd say health reasons could be part of it.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:34am
Confirmed Cry

End of an era, I've never known United with a different manager, will be strange watching another manager in the dugout!

I fear for United now tbh, could go the way of Liverpool in a few years Ouch

-------------

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Fergie is getting a new hip in the summer so I'd say health reasons could be part of it.

this hip thing is a load of rubbish. a new hip wouldnt stop him doing his job. I would be surprised if someone is not already lined up. Jurgen Klopp maybe. Moyes would be a big gamble.

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Confirmed Cry

End of an era, I've never known United with a different manager, will be strange watching another manager in the dugout!

Why are you going to support now ?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

jaysis LOLLOL 

Semi finals are not a success ffs. Especially for alex ferguson.
He would have wanted more champs leagues no doubt

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:41am
Trap to get the gig!!!

Massive respect for Fergie. People may say he was backed by money throughout his time at united, etc but this is a man who held one of the biggest if not the biggest club management job in world football for over 26 years. Doubt we will ever see the like of him again or a manager win 13 PL titles. His record speaks for itself. Greatest manager in the history of the game IMO. Happy retirement Fergie.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:41am

jaysis LOLLOL 

I was fishing this morning as i never expected the news to be true. Now that it is confirmed I think you have to hold off on the sky digs and recognise what a remarkable manager and character he has been. It will be sad not having him in charge of utd next season

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:42am
The only compliment I can give is thank fck he's gone, best manager in the history of the game but a rocky road ahead for united now, Moyes would be the wrong choice imo, the only reason his name has been thrown around for a few years is he's a fiery scotsman. Jurgen Klopp would be a good choice but I'm hoping he'll end up at Arsenal when Wenger leaves!

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:43am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Confirmed Cry

Why are you going to support now ?

The same team I've supported the last 21 years Confused

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:43am
Shocking news, Like many here I can't remember a Man United team without him managing. It will need to be someone who is cocky enough and who can handle the pressure which is why I think Mourinho will get it.

it will be a big risk for whoever it is and that may keep some away

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:45am
staying on as director and club ambassador.

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:47am
13 leagues what an absolute legend Clap

Chances are no manager will win as many as that again in our lifetime

Not to mention breaking up the big 2 in scotland and winning european silverware north and south of the border

But im sure all hes thinking about is that he could have won 1 or 2 more champions leagues Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:49am
Thought he might of managed his country for a campaign or two before he retired. AF

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:50am
1500th game in charge of united is his last against west brom Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:52am
He did briefly after jock steins death seany....it didn't work out.

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

staying on as director and club ambassador.

Did not work out for the club the last time they did that.  

I think they should get ex Utd Legend in Graeme  Hogg.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:54am

I see why Fergie likes Dortmund - not such a flashy 'buy success' club - strong football principles building a team from the ground up.

Another poster on here who knows nothing about football outside the EPL.

Is this the same 'non-flashy' BVB who ten years ago almost went bankrupt and were given a loan to pay their wages by none other than the much hated FC Hollywood, Bayern Munich.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

jaysis LOLLOL 

Semi finals are not a success ffs. Especially for alex ferguson.
He would have wanted more champs leagues no doubt

they certainly are a success , those semis annd quarters ensured that uniteds coefficient stayed high and they consistently got easy groups thus leading to more and more knockout rounds every year, leaving fergies successor with a nice leg up in his quest to add to the three big euro cups .

when people give out about uniteds easy draws and they dont even know why Embarrassed

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:55am
Do you still fancy Giggs to get the gig Ken?

whats the current betting?
Moyes must be big favourite now

Knocked liverpool well and truly off their perch Clap

-------------

Posted By: daboi89
Did a hell of a job in fairness to him. New Era Now

With Mourinho out of the equation and Moyes not of the required calibre who else is there? Going to be a tough decision for United to make.

-------------

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hindsight is a great thing

-------------

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Another poster on here who knows nothing about football outside the EPL.

Is this the same 'non-flashy' BVB who ten years ago almost went bankrupt and were given a loan to pay their wages by none other than the much hated FC Hollywood, Bayern Munich.

you know what she meant FFS

Date Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hindsight is a great thing

was being serious

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net