You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garda shot dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 8:50am
Yeah they defo know who it is but is in the U.S. Will be arrested the minute he is back. His partner has gone over and all. Not sure if the U.S can send him back, cant imagine how he got a visa approved.
Read it 3 times before posting
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

Yeah they defo know who it is but is in the U.S. Will be arrested the minute he is back. His partner has gone over and all. Not sure if the U.S can send him back, cant imagine how he got a visa approved.

doesn't need a visa for a trip up to either 90 days or 180 days (not sure which) once he's outstayed his welcome he can be deported.
I know nothing :-)
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 11:00am
I was thinking that, not my area of expertise. That must be up soon. I reckon the US cops were told who and what he did. So like you say once the time has elapsed he will get booted back here. 
Read it 3 times before posting
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

I was thinking that, not my area of expertise. That must be up soon. I reckon the US cops were told who and what he did. So like you say once the time has elapsed he will get booted back here. 

Well if this thread is to be believed - posted on 5th May - he should be back by now.

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

i also read that the prime suspect has done a runner to america

Not for much longer though. Supposedly Only in the US on a tourist visa that'll run out in a few weeks and US Immigration are aware of him. So will be deported back to the North when it does run out if he hasn't already left the states by then.

Anyway where are his 4 accomplices? if they know who the shooter was they surely know who he was with on the night. What is the story with the extradition laws anyway, must you have to have charged the person to secure an extradition?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:08pm
This wouldn't be an extradition, just a deportation for failure to leave when permission to stay expired. It's probably easier to do that than it is to extradite someone, given all the sh*t you need to do to extradite someone.

Of course, this all assumes he remains in the States..... he could be in Peru now trying to sneak home via Madrid.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:25pm
[QUOTE=SuperDave84]This wouldn't be an extradition, just a deportation for failure to leave when permission to stay expired. It's probably easier to do that than it is to extradite someone, given all the sh*t you need to do to extradite someone.

Of course, this all assumes he remains in the States..... he could be in Peru now trying to sneak home via Madrid.
[/QUOTE

why wud he try come home anyway
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:27pm
Even if he is still in the States he's hardly going to sit around waiting for the immigration department to show up and deport him. It's a huge place so easy enough to disappear if you want to.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:27pm
He wouldn't..... but if he overstayed his welcome, they could arrest him and deport him easily enough. The US don't feck about with that sort of thing, sometimes, especially not if an alleged cop killer is involved.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Even if he is still in the States he's hardly going to sit around waiting for the immigration department to show up and deport him. It's a huge place so easy enough to disappear if you want to.
The intelligence levels of this type of dope are such that it wouldn't be long until he was involved in an uptown foray of some sort and arrested. Then of course his illegitimacy would come to light.
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 7:37am
This silence from the general public enforced by fear these bastards and their families survive on would sicken you...

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/gentle-giant-adrian-donohoe-never-stood-chance-as-vicious-killers-laid-their-trap-29945750.html
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

This silence from the general public enforced by fear these bastards and their families survive on would sicken you...

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/gentle-giant-adrian-donohoe-never-stood-chance-as-vicious-killers-laid-their-trap-29945750.html
The same wall of silence that is ptotecting the killers of Paul Quinn in a farm building outside Castleblayney a number of years ago.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 7:34pm
There was a case of a man who saw a gangland killing in a pub, he testified after the Gardai told him everything would be fine. He had to leave the country and it ruined his life because of the scumbags.

Easy to say it would sicken you but what would you do? You live in the same area as them, all your family are there too.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 8:22pm

Look who wrote the article.

Secondly maybe the Garda might actually have to get up off their arse and do a bit of work for a change, and if they do, they might find him and jail him.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Look who wrote the article.

Secondly maybe the Garda might actually have to get up off their arse and do a bit of work for a change, and if they do, they might find him and jail him.

Hb, thee wall of silence stuff is very much true and is actually in some ways worse now than in the days of the IRA. They at least had relative control over the lads on the ground.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic