You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 171>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

Hi guys is there anyone staying in Kutaisi after the late flight from Luton on Thursday 10th October?  I've just been having a quick Google search regarding the trains but there only seems to be one daily train from Kutaisi to Tbilisi unless i have been looking at the wrong websites? Anyway there will be 9 of us staying the night in Kutaisi again on the Thursday night and I've started to look at a private transfer to Tbilisi with Georgian bus and it's working out around 180 usd for a 12 seater Mercedes sprinter bus or if anyone else has any recommendations regarding getting to Tbilisi on the Friday morning that would be greatly appreciated.

If it were me I’d go with a bit of your plan and a bit of Superdaves. I’d pay the 20 each and have the private transfer but have it meet you off the flight. It’s door to door and at that hour I’d pay a premium for that. You also wake up in Tiblisi ready to go.

Edited by VanBosch - 21 Sep 2019 at 8:31pm
Sponsored Links

conord97 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conord97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:56am
Late booking this again , just wondering what is my best outbound option atm at the best price?
"The nation holds its breath"
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by conord97 conord97 wrote:

Late booking this again , just wondering what is my best outbound option atm at the best price?

Wizzair Luton to Kutaisi on Thursday 10th October it's £39.99 at the moment.

Edited by Ballycastle - 23 Sep 2019 at 10:43am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 1:56pm
Yeah, that's the way out, with Georgian Bus from Kutaisi to Tbilisi. The way back is the same on Sunday (Tbilisi - Kutaisi - Luton - Dublin) or alternatively to Basel on Monday (Tbilisi - Kutaisi - Basel) (if you are going to Switzerland) and trains from there (bahn.com, €19.90 booked now, using the Freiburg option detailed previously).

If you want to fly back from Georgia to Dublin on the Monday, Kutaisi to Milan to Dublin is likely the best way. The Sunday flights (Kutaisi - Luton - Dublin) are a little more expensive.

If you've nothing booked, go with this outbound:

10 October
DUB 08:15 - 09:30 LTN, Ryanair, €9.99
LTN 17:15 - 00:55 KUT, Wizzair, £39.99, ~€46
KUT 01:30 - 05:30 Tbilisi, Georgian Bus, 18 GEL, ~€6
Total cost €62

And coming back to Switzerland, this is likely to be the best way:
14 October
Tbilisi 09:00 - 13:00 KUT, Georgian Bus, 18 GEL, ~€6
KUT 16:40 - 19:10 MLH, Wizzair, 189 GEL, ~€58
Bus into Basel, 6.10 CHF, ~€6
Night in Basel, Ibis Budget by the train station, €79.70
15 October
Basel SBB 10:03 - 11:10 Biel/Bienne, train
Biel/Bienne 11:16 - 12:45 Geneva, train, total train cost €19.90
Total cost about €170 including accommodation in Basel (I don't know what the current cheapest way back from Geneva is).

Or if you are coming back to Dublin and need to come back on Sunday:
13 October
Tbilisi 07:30 - 11:30 KUT, Georgian Bus, 18 GEL, ~€6
KUT 14:20 - 16:45 LTN, Wizzair, 349 GEL, ~€107
LTN 20:05 - 21:25 DUB, Ryanair, £66.99, ~€76
Total cost €189

Alternative, a day later is cheaper and if you can come back on Monday and don't mind the late night, this is the cheapest way:
14 October
Tbilisi 09:30 - 13:30 KUT, Georgian Bus, 18 GEL, ~€6
KUT 16:00 - 18:25 MXP, Wizzair, 289 GEL, ~€89
MXP 22:45 - 00:05 DUB, Ryanair, €19.99
Total cost €115
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:30pm
New York - Qatar - Tbilisi.
Good to get an Away in, finding it tough ever since moving away.
Going to do a few days in Baku after and then try get the Rugby QF in.
Staying in some mad place in Tbilisi. 
4 story gaff that seems to have a cave built into itLOL

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

New York - Qatar - Tbilisi.
Good to get an Away in, finding it tough ever since moving away.
Going to do a few days in Baku after and then try get the Rugby QF in.
Staying in some mad place in Tbilisi. 
4 story gaff that seems to have a cave built into itLOL

We got something similar in Moldova with a sauna and steam room.
Guesthouse Romantica.
Think it's a part time brothel.
The dark side.. And the light
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 6:05pm
edit: never mind, can't get the picture to work.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 24 Sep 2019 at 6:06pm
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

edit: never mind, can't get the picture to work.

Had the same issue on a different thread, had to save it and upload it.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:00pm
Spending a night in Milan on the way, but flying from Milan to Tbilisi with a 3 hour stopover in Athens. Has anyone been to a lounge in Athens? If so what is it like? Is it worth paying the €28? You will be allowed 3 hours in it, most of which I could spend. Food, drinks, WiFi, sockets and rests are all positive factors in my decision Smile
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Spending a night in Milan on the way, but flying from Milan to Tbilisi with a 3 hour stopover in Athens. Has anyone been to a lounge in Athens? If so what is it like? Is it worth paying the €28? You will be allowed 3 hours in it, most of which I could spend. Food, drinks, WiFi, sockets and rests are all positive factors in my decision Smile

We are thinking about doing the same in Luton as our flight gets into Luton at 1.15 pm and the flight out to Kutaisi departs at 5.15pm so like the poster above I'm just wondering if there's any value in paying the £27 for 3hrs?
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:11pm
if you don’t go to the lounge you will probably head to the bar, say 3/4 drinks, that’s 15/20 quid. Seems a no brainier to me.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 4:09pm
Was it easy enough to get a taxi at Tbilisi airport for those who landed in about 4/5 last time? I used Kutaisi airport so not sure if it’s worth booking the transfer which seems about 3 times dearer
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Was it easy enough to get a taxi at Tbilisi airport for those who landed in about 4/5 last time? I used Kutaisi airport so not sure if it’s worth booking the transfer which seems about 3 times dearer
You will be hounded by so called taxi drivers no bother always plenty of them waiting as you walk through into the arrivals area, haggle your price before going anywhere

Just to add if there is a few of you the transfer your hotel offers is the best option because most of the so called taxi drivers at the airport don’t know 1 hotel from anther and you will just spend unnecessary time with a mad driver

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 29 Sep 2019 at 5:24pm
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 6:47pm

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.taxi. Taxi App same as Uber. You can pay cash or card. You'll know the price before you accept and they'll have your destination 

Edited by deebee - 29 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 7:39am
Originally posted by deebee deebee wrote:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.taxi. Taxi App same as Uber. You can pay cash or card. You'll know the price before you accept and they'll have your destination 

Hey Deebee, is it in English ? You used it before?

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 7:43am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

if you don’t go to the lounge you will probably head to the bar, say 3/4 drinks, that’s 15/20 quid. Seems a no brainier to me.

Absolutely worth it and they will have food also (may be proper grub or just snacks) but if your discreet you can take some with you for the flight rather than paying the in-flight costs.
Before you paycheck with them as some lounges allow free entry with some Visa/MasterCards. 

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Bolt is another one - all in English.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Bolt is another one - all in English.

Bolt is a good one as they'll give you something like 50% off the first 5 trips, available in Tbilisi and Kutaisi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 171>
  Share Topic