You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Election 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 56>
Poll Question: Who will you vote for?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [7.52%]
24 [18.05%]
11 [8.27%]
56 [42.11%]
2 [1.50%]
8 [6.02%]
3 [2.26%]
19 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

They're all gangsters in fairness. The sooner we are rid of completely outdated relics of the civil war such as FF and FG the better. With a bit of luck they'll be forced into government together (their 'divide and conquer' approach has up to this point been extremely successful) and that could hopefully be the beginning of the end for both....although I accept that is highly wishful thinking. It just seems so mental that even today, after ALL the sh*t, you still bump into the odd headcase who supports the likes of FF as if they were their local football team!

We've very few political options in this country and that has always been the case since I've been around. At least there are clear differences between the likes of the Republicans/Democrats in the U.S and the Tories/Labour in the U.K. Our main two parties have always been two cheeks of the same pimply arse.

Tbh Devrozex there isn't a huge difference between those two other than the democrats slightly being the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately they've adopted a more right wing approach in order to appeal to a Republican base who'll never vote them in anyway. It's nonsensical and inexcusable when they have one of the most articulate and intelligent presidents that have ever taken office and is probably a moderate at heart tbh.

Their saving grace is that ideologically they're not for shrinking the state which the Republicans and Libertarians want. I was on the dole for 6 months and 4 months and certainly glad we had a welfare system that supported me in circumstances that were beyond my control. I'd have been in the gutter over there through no fault of my own if the Republicans and Libertarians had their way.

Edited by irishmufc - 07 Oct 2015 at 9:29pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

So they were stupid enough to vote them in the first time were they, considering the state the previous gangsters left the country in.

Well done Clap

So you feel the decisions they made and not made so far are justified to vote them in again?

Personally I feel they've done the best job possible given what they inherited.

No-one else would have gotten us out of such a mess, especially the gangsters who got us into it.
And certainly not SF who seem to think taxes grow on trees.

Just my opinion.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:56pm

So they were stupid enough to vote them in the first time were they, considering the state the previous gangsters left the country in.

Well done Clap

So you feel the decisions they made and not made so far are justified to vote them in again?

No-one else would have gotten us out of such a mess, especially the gangsters who got us into it.

Just my opinion.

I agree with you up to a point. Given the blurry lines and lack of distinction between FG and FF, I don't think FG have done that bad. I'm not ideologically or personally  persuaded by either but if it was FG that were the corrupt and incompetent government that facilitated the economic collapse,cronyism etc etc  then it could be a case of the opposite party being the ones who steadied the ship.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:16pm

Well done Clap

Absolutely , the current Coalition's performance has been absolutely stellar compared to the previous incumbent's miserable , corrupt , incompetent Governance.
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:30pm
FG will be leading the next government but I doubt very much that Labour will be joining them as they are likely to get wiped out.

If SF get anywhere close to 20% to only stable government possible will be FG/FF. However FF will not have the balls and will support a FG minority government in return for a few of their policies in the programme for government.

Paddy Power normally come in handy for elections. Giving November election at odds on 1/6. The FG minority government I predict is 13/2.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
G Me View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 11:39pm
Don't worry about it
G Me View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

FG will be leading the next government but I doubt very much that Labour will be joining them as they are likely to get wiped out.

If SF get anywhere close to 20% to only stable government possible will be FG/FF. However FF will not have the balls and will support a FG minority government in return for a few of their policies in the programme for government.

Paddy Power normally come in handy for elections. Giving November election at odds on 1/6. The FG minority government I predict is 13/2.
G Me View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 11:44pm

Well done Clap

your opinion isn't wrongeverybody is entitled to their opinion

Just my opinion.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

They're all gangsters in fairness. The sooner we are rid of completely outdated relics of the civil war such as FF and FG the better. With a bit of luck they'll be forced into government together (their 'divide and conquer' approach has up to this point been extremely successful) and that could hopefully be the beginning of the end for both....although I accept that is highly wishful thinking. It just seems so mental that even today, after ALL the sh*t, you still bump into the odd headcase who supports the likes of FF as if they were their local football team!

We've very few political options in this country and that has always been the case since I've been around. At least there are clear differences between the likes of the Republicans/Democrats in the U.S and the Tories/Labour in the U.K. Our main two parties have always been two cheeks of the same pimply arse.

Tbh Devrozex there isn't a huge difference between those two other than the democrats slightly being the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately they've adopted a more right wing approach in order to appeal to a Republican base who'll never vote them in anyway. It's nonsensical and inexcusable when they have one of the most articulate and intelligent presidents that have ever taken office and is probably a moderate at heart tbh.

Their saving grace is that ideologically they're not for shrinking the state which the Republicans and Libertarians want. I was on the dole for 6 months and 4 months and certainly glad we had a welfare system that supported me in circumstances that were beyond my control. I'd have been in the gutter over there through no fault of my own if the Republicans and Libertarians had their way.

There is damn all difference in any of the parties. In any 'western' country. You only need to look at Greece for proof. Or closer to home, Labour. Nothing changes no matter who gets in. People think we have democracy, when in reality we have Capitalism. Totally disillusioned with politics and seriously considering if it is even worth while voting anymore.

Ps. I've voted in every single election and referendum since coming of age.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Yup that's a great call Gerry , going to get on that
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 11:53am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

There is damn all difference in any of the parties. In any 'western' country. You only need to look at Greece for proof. Or closer to home, Labour. Nothing changes no matter who gets in. People think we have democracy, when in reality we have Capitalism. Totally disillusioned with politics and seriously considering if it is even worth while voting anymore.

Ps. I've voted in every single election and referendum since coming of age.

Echoing my thoughts there eire77. Never not voted in an election or referendum. Gonna follow Carlin's line on it from now on though...

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 1:47pm
Haha, good link h2h.

On a more serious note there is a massive difference between being too lazy to engage and making a conscious decision to abstain from the paradigm altogether. I'm veering to the latter.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:52am
So Lowry has said he'll "act in the best interests of the country" after the next election. I'm not sure who it speaks worse of: him for assuming he'll be re-elected, or the gobdaws down in Tipp who have no problem voting him on the basis that he'll look after the roads or whatever, and who cares if he has previously engaged in outrageously corrupt financial transactions for his own good, to the cost of every single person in the country?

http://www.rte.ie/news/election-2016/2016/0125/762795-government-independents/

This is a man, remember, who was found by the Moriarty Tribunal to be engaged in activities "profoundly corrupt to a degree that was nothing short of breathtaking".

And let's not forget 2013's Lowry tapes, where the man himself was revealed to have said the following, presumably referring to hundreds of thousands of euro in undeclared income:

"I'm asking you, Kevin, for f**k's sake will you protect me just a small bit. For jaysus sake don't land me in it. I'm destroyed as it f**king is. … I can't bring out that 200 – that 250 – again. If that comes out again I'm f**king ruined, I'm bankrupt. … They can't find that 200. I never declared it."

I despair.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 26 Jan 2016 at 1:55am
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:18am
It is actually unbelievable. What does he even do for Tipp that makes the electorate there forget about all this?
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:29am
Stroke politics and the maverick.  We love it.  Healy Raes, Tony Gregory, Ming, Mick Wallace, Michael Lowry.  I'd give Lowry my vote any day before I'd vote for that detestable little kunt Boyd Barret

Edited by Just saying like - 26 Jan 2016 at 8:30am
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:48am
At least with the Healy Raes and Tony Gregory they got a lot from the Government for their areas. What specifically has Lowry brought to Tipperary that makes him such a popular figure? I just don't get it. Lads like this who are proven to be corrupt should be barred from public office in my view.

Can anyone from Tipperary explain to me what the electorate see in this corrupt individual? Better again, is there anyone on here from Tipperary who would vote for him and explain their reasons why?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:54am
Its actually a disgrace that Lowry can run for public office.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Its actually a disgrace that Lowry can run for public office.

Agreed, he should be locked up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 56>
  Share Topic