You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garda shot dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

This used to be a death penalty till recently.

I was only taking about this today in college, I thought so to, but had to get rid of it when Ireland joined the ECC
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by daffyp daffyp wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

This used to be a death penalty till recently.

I was only taking about this today in college, I thought so to, but had to get rid of it when Ireland joined the ECC

No, it was well later than that, into the 90s. 2002 was the year of the constitutional ban.

Edited by corkery - 25 Jan 2013 at 11:46pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:47pm

Yep. Sure I think the Brits still have the death penaly on there books but it only applies to high treason AFAIK

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:51pm
Worry sign when this happening. About time guards ought to have guns. They are fighting against this aswell as a government who are trying to reduce the force. RIP thoughts with his family.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:53pm
shocked at this, i pass this credit union every day going to work, its been robbed a few times and the post office in that area was also robbed recently

thoughts are with his family

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:55pm
R.I.P. My condolences to his family

It shouldn't make any more of  a difference if the victim is garda or anyone else. it's wrong morally that we think the government should do something now because a servant of the state is killed.  A Garda killing has alot more weight behind it (unfortunately) than an innocent person imo. Before this (hopefully) watershed moment, we should ve had an armed police force since the 70s when crime in Ireland started to become organized. There needs to be a deterrant to stop people from committing crimes and tougher penalties on first time offenders.  That mantra from the broken windows theory they adopted in New York.Over 60%(after a few years) drop in crime  If you hit the first time offender hard, you ll have a substantial reduction in repeat offenders.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:55pm
Hope the law comes down as hard as possible on these f**kers
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Worry sign when this happening. About time guards ought to have guns. They are fighting against this aswell as a government who are trying to reduce the force. RIP thoughts with his family.

Most Garda have guns and arming people with heavier artilary is not the answer either. We have a very low death rate among Garda in fairness and its probably McCabe was was the last who was killed by the gun. And if you take out the IRA I don't know when the last killing was.

Anyway

Rip to the guard who lost his life this evening.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

zero tolerance should be brought in here same people up in front of judges every time how can people with 20 plus evictions keep being up in court  let em do proper time with a small cell and a pisspot human rights my asss we are too soft a nation

+1
Peake View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:03am
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

dead and already named on Twitter

RIP

The people who are naming him on twitter are absolute scum, family members still have to be informed ffs.

Rest in peace.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:04am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Most Garda have guns and arming people with heavier artilary is not the answer either. We have a very low death rate among Garda in fairness and its probably McCabe was was the last who was killed by the gun. And if you take out the IRA I don't know when the last killing was.

Anyway

How do you figure that hb? I find it hard to believe most garda have guns and arming them would not be the answer (but not artillery which is a completely deifferent kettle of fish)
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:04am
Two suspects apprehended near Whitehall according to the Galway Advertiser.

The GA isn't the most reliable for this sort of stuff.

Edited by tribalarmy - 26 Jan 2013 at 12:07am
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:05am

Anyway

Dont knowwhere your getting that info from. Id say at a push 5% are. The rate of death is low but the number of incidents where they have been shot at is on the increase does there have to be killed every time their shot at before they are adequately armed to protect themselves? 

Edited by MintBerryCrunch - 26 Jan 2013 at 12:16am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

RIP

The people who are naming him on twitter are absolute scum, family members still have to be informed ffs.

Rest in peace.

Not scum, just idiots but how do you know they haven't been informed?
Peake View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:12am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Peake Peake wrote:

RIP

Rest in peace.

Not scum, just idiots but how do you know they haven't been informed?

Dundalk Examiner tweeted his name (since deleted) less than an hour after the incident occurred.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:16am

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

RIP

Was only a matter of time with the amount of gun crime in this country.

Fukin disgrace of a country. 4 member gang involved. If theyre ever caught 3 of them will probably get 5 year sentences with 3 suspended.

Not a chance Kerzy if these scumbags are caught they're going away for a long time. Mandatory Sentence for the Murder of a Garda in the Line of Duty is Life imprisonment

Ahhh Denis will you let Kerzy have his ignorant rant in peace for FFS. 

RIP by the way.  Terrible news.

Mandatory life....... apart from the fella who shot Gerry McCabeAngry

The mandatory life sentence for Garda killers is a myth.

The lad in Donegal only got a light sentence, so did the joy riders who killed the Garda on the Stillorgan duel carriage way.

Wrong.

The two example given above by yourself the culprits were only charged with Manslaughter

Same as the McCabe killers so...

McCabe thing was different because of the Good Friday agreement.

I dread to think what will happen after this

Didn't the gardai say this week that they won't partake in talks about the Croke Park agreement?
Slashing the pay of 9-5 civil servants is bad enough, hitting the front liners for their overtime, weekends, all nighters is worse again.
Moral in the police force has been at an all time low for a while now.
The fallout from this will be huge

Hopefully the scum are caught and evrey one of them locked away for life 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:16am
@ peake

you shouldnt be posting something if you re not sure if the family members were informed or not

Edited by irishmufc - 26 Jan 2013 at 12:17am
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

Anyway

Dont knowwhere your getting that info from. Id say at a push 5% are. The rate of death is low but the number of incidents where they have been shot at is on the increase does there have to be killed every time their shot at before they are adequately armed to protect themselves? 

Yes, very very few gardai are armed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic