You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 10:27pm
Hoping Waterford do it this weekend in the league final but lots of rumours going around that we'll be missing a few players (Austin Gleeson suspended (for league final), injuries to Jamie Barron, Ian Kenny, Colin Dunford, Conor Prunty and Stephen Bennett) not just for the league final but for the opening championship game at home to Tipperary on Easter Sunday. Suppose players will be out to impress and won't have any fear 

Cork going very well and no doubt want to end there league famine and win it for the first time since 1998. They have been motoring well in this league campaign 

Edited by Healy52003 - 30 Mar 2022 at 10:30pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:00pm
Delighted with the league win for Waterford but its hard to believe we're at opening championship weekend already

Leinster championship starts tomorrow with all 6 teams in action, big one is Wexford vs Galway and it could go anyway tbh im going for a tight Wexford win. Other games are Westmeath vs Kilkenny and Dublin vs Laois, should be straight forward wins for Kilkenny and Dublin 

Sunday seems the dog eat dog of the Munster Championship commence. First up at 2pm is  Waterford vs Tipperary which will be some occasion.im a but nervous considering all the talk of how Waterford will win easy in the media. Tipp will love to be written off and still have a range of players in that team who own all Ireland medals. Heart says Waterford but head says Tipperary will scrape it. Cork vs Limerick takes place at 4pm and could be hard to call and If Limerick do beat Cork it will prove how some managers use the league. Corks head will be down a bit and think Limerick will add to the misery and win by 5
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Delighted with the league win for Waterford but its hard to believe we're at opening championship weekend already

Leinster championship starts tomorrow with all 6 teams in action, big one is Wexford vs Galway and it could go anyway tbh im going for a tight Wexford win. Other games are Westmeath vs Kilkenny and Dublin vs Laois, should be straight forward wins for Kilkenny and Dublin 

Sunday seems the dog eat dog of the Munster Championship commence. First up at 2pm is  Waterford vs Tipperary which will be some occasion.im a but nervous considering all the talk of how Waterford will win easy in the media. Tipp will love to be written off and still have a range of players in that team who own all Ireland medals. Heart says Waterford but head says Tipperary will scrape it. Cork vs Limerick takes place at 4pm and could be hard to call and If Limerick do beat Cork it will prove how some managers use the league. Corks head will be down a bit and think Limerick will add to the misery and win by 5

Galway
Waterford
Limerick

Nice treble.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 2:12pm
We are down in Cork today. The Cork lads in the bar here fancy themselves big time. 
Weird having the championship this weekend but would love to do three in a row. If not us I think Waterford. 
Didn’t get to see any of the games last night.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

We are down in Cork today. The Cork lads in the bar here fancy themselves big time. 
Weird having the championship this weekend but would love to do three in a row. If not us I think Waterford. 
Didn’t get to see any of the games last night.
Great win for Waterford and Limerick looking formidable after a slow start. Great championship ahead.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

This comemnt is true anytime since the dawn of the internet TBF
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 8:09am
Mighty game last night in Gaelic Grounds. We went 7/8 points up and Waterford got the two quick goals and came right back at it. Took us a long time to get into the game with changes in the team and then Lynch injury - will be hoping not too serious. 
I think Waterford can improve more and they look super fit.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 5:32am
The banner looking good. I'm backing them to beat Limerick.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 8:35am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Yeah I was very impressed with them yesterday, there's gonna be some shootout for the 3rd place in Munster. Jack Conlon looks a great addition to the back line, and great to have Shane O'Donnell back.

Leinster is looking very weak by comparison. You could see 3 of the AI semi-finalists being Munster teams
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah I was very impressed with them yesterday, there's gonna be some shootout for the 3rd place in Munster. Jack Conlon looks a great addition to the back line, and great to have Shane O'Donnell back.

Leinster is looking very weak by comparison. You could see 3 of the AI semi-finalists being Munster teams
I feel like Leinster is a coin toss. Not much between Kilkenny, Wexford, Dublin and Galway. But yes it's definitely weaker then Munster.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 10:46pm

Thats normal.

Any of the 5 Munster teams would breeze through Leinster.

No guarantees any Leinster side would get out of Munster.

Generally,  its the 5 Munster teams plus KK and Galway 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:20am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Thats normal.

Seems a bit more of a gap this year for some reason, the 6th team in the round robin in Leinster really is overkill. Is this the first year of that? Each week there's gonna be 2 dud games in Leinster out of 3.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 1:44pm

Thats normal.

Seems a bit more of a gap this year for some reason, the 6th team in the round robin in Leinster really is overkill. Is this the first year of that? Each week there's gonna be 2 dud games in Leinster out of 3.
There was always the talk of how Munster was stronger than Leinster yet the Munster champions would often come to Croke Park in August and be well beaten by the Leinster champions.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Thats normal.

There was always the talk of how Munster was stronger than Leinster yet the Munster champions would often come to Croke Park in August and be well beaten by the Leinster champions.
Top tier of Leinster could always hold their own. The other 4 are miles behind and would probably finish bottom of Munster. It's a tough one to balance and I'm all for givign them a chance, it's just tough to watch as the last item on Sunday game.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Thats normal.

Top tier of Leinster could always hold their own. The other 4 are miles behind and would probably finish bottom of Munster. It's a tough one to balance and I'm all for givign them a chance, it's just tough to watch as the last item on Sunday game.
With scoring difference so important it is very hard on Westmeath and Laois as there’s no let up from the big teams. I’d say Laois will beat Westmeath in their own game as they seem to be a bit ahead of Westmeath.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:35pm
So demoralised as a Waterford supporter after yesterday 

Our championship hopes hanging by a tread and slowly realising we're never going to win the All Ireland. This bloody Round Robin format has been a disaster for us 
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:55pm
Great day in Ennis yesterday. I’d say best pre match atmosphere I was ever at for a GAA game.

Thought it great game and will be good Munster Final. 

Feel sorry for Waterford - maybe Healy can comment better but did they believe their own hype after the league win and the hype with the beat squad coupled together with the pushing Limerick reel that folks were saying. 

People also writing off Cork too quickly, have such a good collection of players that on their day when they gel they could be a handful.

We have U20 final now next Sunday in Thurles against Kilkenny and suddenly a very big senior game after it now too.

I know mentioned below but I’m the opposite I think the round robin is brilliant entertainment. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

So demoralised as a Waterford supporter after yesterday 

Our championship hopes hanging by a tread and slowly realising we're never going to win the All Ireland. This bloody Round Robin format has been a disaster for us 
Even as an optimistic Cork fan I didn't see tht win coming Sunday. No idea where the performance came from. Munster is such a tight competition any upsets can really knock you off course. 

I suppose in the pre-round robin days, if you lose two Championship games you'd be gone anyway, Cork and Waterford both fall into that camp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic