Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58206
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 12:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA Hurling 2022
Posted By: Healy52003
Subject: GAA Hurling 2022
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 2:17am
As a Waterford man very happy and proud of Ballygunners performance in the Munster final. Let's hope they can make it too Croke Park for the final in early February. The AI semi final against Slaughtneil will be a different type of challenge and playing it in Parnell Park will be tough enough, focus is the main thing for Ballygunner now and in no way should they be dismissing Slaughtneils challenge. Ballyhale vs St Thomas is in the other semi final could be a great game and if Ballyhale hit the heights they capable of they could win handy and go into the AI final full of confidence 

Walsh Cup and Munster Cup got underway this weekend with the hurling World turned upside down with King Henrys debut as Galway manager beating Offaly. 

Great weekend for Hurling in Kerry, the seniors beating Tipperary in the Munster Cup and Kilmoyley winning the Munster Intermediate final 

Replies:
Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 1:57pm
Ballygunner were unreal. Looked very sharp and fit. Kilmallock were very disappointing and they came out all physical but were miles off the pace and it could have been a lot more. Stephen O keeffe once again with a class performance too. 

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 2:34pm
We'll see if Waterford can put it up to Limerick this year.

Mullane reckons that O'Keefe should be asked back onto the panel.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 12:56am
Hoping for a Ballygunner win on Sunday but have a bad feeling about this one. Slaughtneil are no bad team and have no pressure on them. Parnell Park will suite them too

Ballyhale will be too good for St Thomas I think 

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:14pm
f**king delighted for St Thomas's. Shower of pricks. Delighted when TJ rippled net. Good enough for you. Good enough for you. ****s.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

f**king delighted for St Thomas's. Shower of pricks. Delighted when TJ rippled net. Good enough for you. Good enough for you. ****s.

LOL

Not a fan of St Thomas' then 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:52pm

9 years ago you need to let it go and take your beating 

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Nothing about the beating. Apparently Banagher had it yesterday as well. f**k them

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 10:15am

Nothing about the beating. Apparently Banagher had it yesterday as well. f**k them
Don’t know why so many teams from the South engage in that type of thing when they know full well the background of their opponents 

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 12:58am
League kicked off tonight with Cork beating Clare 2-30-2-21 in 1A and in 1B Tipperary beat Laois 0-21-0-14

Some big games tomorrow and looking forward to heading up to Parnell Park to watch Waterford take on Dublin in 1B. Hopefully a solid performance against a Dublin who have massive momentum after an excellent Walsh Cup winning campaign with them putting up some big scores. From a Waterford point of view with Injuries and players been club tied it's giving management a opportunity to give lads a go. Other game in 1B sees Antrim take on Kilkenny. In 1A Wexford take on Limerick and Galway face newly promoted Offaly

Limerick looked very sharp in the Munster Cup and are out to prove a point this year and win the 3 in a row 

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 4:19pm
Ballygunner win with a goal from the last play of the game having been 2pts down Shocked

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 4:26pm
unbelievable goal. What a way to win Clap

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 5:13pm
Some finish. Tbf they have been brilliant all campaign. Great win for Waterford Hurling.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 7:41pm
while neither game today was a classic (football was poor IMO), the finishes too both were unreal. Delighted for both winning clubs. Roy of the Rovers stuff. The club championship Clap

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

while neither game today was a classic (football was poor IMO), the finishes too both were unreal. Delighted for both winning clubs. Roy of the Rovers stuff. The club championship Clap

Less of your Soccer analogies and that’s just the way it is. 

https://youtu.be/BC7Xv7kHiZ4" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/BC7Xv7kHiZ4

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 7:22am
Great win for Ballygunner, they have the set up and structure in place to stay at the top table of club hurling for a while.

I love watching Dessie Hutchinson play. A traditional and skillful hurler not like the massive, running game players that are being used by most counties now. His first touch can turn any corner back and can put them on their arse. 

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 7:24pm
Jesus still a bit shook about that Ballygunner win, it was so amazing and surreal. Stuff of dreams, was in the lower Cusack and only remember lots of cheering and then seeing all the ballyhale players on the ground, Ballygunner players jumping around and 'Don't stop believing' playing over the PA. Moments like that you will never forget

Waterford really made a joke out of Laois and tbh that scoreline is a not a true reflection on Laois, no doubt they are miles better and will bounce back. From a Waterford point of view it was great to be scoring so much and you could see Waterford hurling was on a high and these lads want to prove how good they are 

Galway are going in the right direction but you have to sense the win over Limerick is been overblown a bit. Limerick simply keeping the powder dry for the championship. Another impressive win and performance from Wexford. Tipp vs Kilkenny was a great game but still both teams are rusty. Routine wins for Dublin and Cork 

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 8:45pm
Waterford very lucky to come away with 2 points up in Antrim today. Antrim penalty put over the bar in the last puck of the game, would of ended a draw If it was put in the back of the net.

Dublin having a very good win against Tipperary, in 1A big wins for Cork and Wexford 

Next weekends games could be some crackers with a few teams fighting for survival. In 1B its Dublin vs Kilkenny and Waterford vs Tipperary, the big 1A game is Cork vs Galway.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 10:27pm
Hoping Waterford do it this weekend in the league final but lots of rumours going around that we'll be missing a few players (Austin Gleeson suspended (for league final), injuries to Jamie Barron, Ian Kenny, Colin Dunford, Conor Prunty and Stephen Bennett) not just for the league final but for the opening championship game at home to Tipperary on Easter Sunday. Suppose players will be out to impress and won't have any fear 

Cork going very well and no doubt want to end there league famine and win it for the first time since 1998. They have been motoring well in this league campaign 

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:00pm
Delighted with the league win for Waterford but its hard to believe we're at opening championship weekend already

Leinster championship starts tomorrow with all 6 teams in action, big one is Wexford vs Galway and it could go anyway tbh im going for a tight Wexford win. Other games are Westmeath vs Kilkenny and Dublin vs Laois, should be straight forward wins for Kilkenny and Dublin 

Sunday seems the dog eat dog of the Munster Championship commence. First up at 2pm is  Waterford vs Tipperary which will be some occasion.im a but nervous considering all the talk of how Waterford will win easy in the media. Tipp will love to be written off and still have a range of players in that team who own all Ireland medals. Heart says Waterford but head says Tipperary will scrape it. Cork vs Limerick takes place at 4pm and could be hard to call and If Limerick do beat Cork it will prove how some managers use the league. Corks head will be down a bit and think Limerick will add to the misery and win by 5

Posted By: B6 6HE
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Delighted with the league win for Waterford but its hard to believe we're at opening championship weekend already

Leinster championship starts tomorrow with all 6 teams in action, big one is Wexford vs Galway and it could go anyway tbh im going for a tight Wexford win. Other games are Westmeath vs Kilkenny and Dublin vs Laois, should be straight forward wins for Kilkenny and Dublin 

Sunday seems the dog eat dog of the Munster Championship commence. First up at 2pm is  Waterford vs Tipperary which will be some occasion.im a but nervous considering all the talk of how Waterford will win easy in the media. Tipp will love to be written off and still have a range of players in that team who own all Ireland medals. Heart says Waterford but head says Tipperary will scrape it. Cork vs Limerick takes place at 4pm and could be hard to call and If Limerick do beat Cork it will prove how some managers use the league. Corks head will be down a bit and think Limerick will add to the misery and win by 5

Galway
Waterford
Limerick

Nice treble.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 2:12pm
We are down in Cork today. The Cork lads in the bar here fancy themselves big time. 
Weird having the championship this weekend but would love to do three in a row. If not us I think Waterford. 
Didn’t get to see any of the games last night.

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

We are down in Cork today. The Cork lads in the bar here fancy themselves big time. 
Weird having the championship this weekend but would love to do three in a row. If not us I think Waterford. 
Didn’t get to see any of the games last night.
Great win for Waterford and Limerick looking formidable after a slow start. Great championship ahead.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 6:07pm

This comemnt is true anytime since the dawn of the internet TBF

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 8:09am
Mighty game last night in Gaelic Grounds. We went 7/8 points up and Waterford got the two quick goals and came right back at it. Took us a long time to get into the game with changes in the team and then Lynch injury - will be hoping not too serious. 
I think Waterford can improve more and they look super fit.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 5:32am
The banner looking good. I'm backing them to beat Limerick.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 8:35am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Yeah I was very impressed with them yesterday, there's gonna be some shootout for the 3rd place in Munster. Jack Conlon looks a great addition to the back line, and great to have Shane O'Donnell back.

Leinster is looking very weak by comparison. You could see 3 of the AI semi-finalists being Munster teams

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah I was very impressed with them yesterday, there's gonna be some shootout for the 3rd place in Munster. Jack Conlon looks a great addition to the back line, and great to have Shane O'Donnell back.

Leinster is looking very weak by comparison. You could see 3 of the AI semi-finalists being Munster teams
I feel like Leinster is a coin toss. Not much between Kilkenny, Wexford, Dublin and Galway. But yes it's definitely weaker then Munster.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 10:46pm

Thats normal.

Any of the 5 Munster teams would breeze through Leinster.

No guarantees any Leinster side would get out of Munster.

Generally,  its the 5 Munster teams plus KK and Galway 

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:20am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Thats normal.

Seems a bit more of a gap this year for some reason, the 6th team in the round robin in Leinster really is overkill. Is this the first year of that? Each week there's gonna be 2 dud games in Leinster out of 3.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 1:44pm

Thats normal.

Seems a bit more of a gap this year for some reason, the 6th team in the round robin in Leinster really is overkill. Is this the first year of that? Each week there's gonna be 2 dud games in Leinster out of 3.
There was always the talk of how Munster was stronger than Leinster yet the Munster champions would often come to Croke Park in August and be well beaten by the Leinster champions.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 2:07pm

Thats normal.

There was always the talk of how Munster was stronger than Leinster yet the Munster champions would often come to Croke Park in August and be well beaten by the Leinster champions.
Top tier of Leinster could always hold their own. The other 4 are miles behind and would probably finish bottom of Munster. It's a tough one to balance and I'm all for givign them a chance, it's just tough to watch as the last item on Sunday game.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 3:12pm

Thats normal.

Top tier of Leinster could always hold their own. The other 4 are miles behind and would probably finish bottom of Munster. It's a tough one to balance and I'm all for givign them a chance, it's just tough to watch as the last item on Sunday game.
With scoring difference so important it is very hard on Westmeath and Laois as there’s no let up from the big teams. I’d say Laois will beat Westmeath in their own game as they seem to be a bit ahead of Westmeath.

Date Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:35pm
So demoralised as a Waterford supporter after yesterday 

Our championship hopes hanging by a tread and slowly realising we're never going to win the All Ireland. This bloody Round Robin format has been a disaster for us 

Date Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:55pm
Great day in Ennis yesterday. I’d say best pre match atmosphere I was ever at for a GAA game.

Thought it great game and will be good Munster Final. 

Feel sorry for Waterford - maybe Healy can comment better but did they believe their own hype after the league win and the hype with the beat squad coupled together with the pushing Limerick reel that folks were saying. 

People also writing off Cork too quickly, have such a good collection of players that on their day when they gel they could be a handful.

We have U20 final now next Sunday in Thurles against Kilkenny and suddenly a very big senior game after it now too.

I know mentioned below but I’m the opposite I think the round robin is brilliant entertainment. 

Date Posted: 17 May 2022 at 6:49am

Our championship hopes hanging by a tread and slowly realising we're never going to win the All Ireland. This bloody Round Robin format has been a disaster for us 
Even as an optimistic Cork fan I didn't see tht win coming Sunday. No idea where the performance came from. Munster is such a tight competition any upsets can really knock you off course. 

I suppose in the pre-round robin days, if you lose two Championship games you'd be gone anyway, Cork and Waterford both fall into that camp.

Date Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:00am

Even as an optimistic Cork fan I didn't see tht win coming Sunday. No idea where the performance came from. Munster is such a tight competition any upsets can really knock you off course. 

I suppose in the pre-round robin days, if you lose two Championship games you'd be gone anyway, Cork and Waterford both fall into that camp.

Two bang average sides. 

Lots of unforced errors.

Neither aren't bad but they're nothing special.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:00am
Munster final day in a sold out Thurles, can’t beat it. Wonderful occasion.

Galway were poor last night, they were always chasing the game. It’s nearly guaranteed score when you give Reid a chance from a free. 

The Joe Mcdonagh final was a great game. Antrim steam rolled but Kerry clawed their way back in and I reckon would have pinched it if another few mins left. Was a goal fest.

Cork have to head to antrim now and Kerry will host Wexford.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:01am

Munster final day in a sold out Thurles, can’t beat it. Wonderful occasion.

Galway were poor last night, they were always chasing the game. It’s nearly guaranteed score when you give Reid a chance from a free. 

The Joe Mcdonagh final was a great game. Antrim steam rolled but Kerry clawed their way back in and I reckon would have pinched it if another few mins left. Was a goal fest.

Cork have to head to antrim now and Kerry will host Wexford.

Leinster Final.was a snorefest 

I only saw the second half of Joe McDonagh. The standard was very poor. Antrim ought to be beating Kerry alot more comfortably if they are a proper Division 1 team.

Can't beat a Munster Final. Weather looks poor for it. 

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 10:51pm
Great day once again in Thurles. This team owe us nothing at all.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 6:04am
Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

Limerick a team outside of the traditional big 2 winning 4 titles in a row. And Clare the least successful team bar Kerry are the ones pushing them all the way.

Cannot wait for the business end to start now. Would love a Clare v Kilkenny semi final but I'd take a Galway or Wexford pairing either. Limerick the team to beat but anything can happen.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 8:22am

Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

Limerick a team outside of the traditional big 2 winning 4 titles in a row. And Clare the least successful team bar Kerry are the ones pushing them all the way.

Cannot wait for the business end to start now. Would love a Clare v Kilkenny semi final but I'd take a Galway or Wexford pairing either. Limerick the team to beat but anything can happen.
The semi finals are Galway/Cork or Antrim v Limerick  and either Clare/Wexford or Kerry v Kilkenny 

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:26pm

The semi finals are Galway/Cork or Antrim v Limerick  and either Clare/Wexford or Kerry v Kilkenny 
Hard to see past Limerick reaching the final. I actually think a heavily underdog cork would have the best shot but I think Galway will beat cork. 

Clare Vs Wexford is an interesting pairing assuming they beat Kerry. But I hope Clare set up a semi Vs Kilkenny. Need to see more of Tony Kelly and I reckon the banner have the best shot at derailing the cats. It's been a while since we've seen that pairing in a semi final or final or is my memory failing?

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:44pm

Hard to see past Limerick reaching the final. I actually think a heavily underdog cork would have the best shot but I think Galway will beat cork. 

Clare Vs Wexford is an interesting pairing assuming they beat Kerry. But I hope Clare set up a semi Vs Kilkenny. Need to see more of Tony Kelly and I reckon the banner have the best shot at derailing the cats. It's been a while since we've seen that pairing in a semi final or final or is my memory failing?
2004 for a semi-final which Kilkenny won after a replay and they also met in the 2002 All Ireland final best remembered for DJ leaving Ollie Baker on his backside for one of the great All Ireland final points. Wonder where the 1/4 finals will be played I’d like to see them back in Croke Park but it’s often Thurles or Limerick. I’d actually fancy Galway to beat Cork in Croke Park or Limerick but Galway don’t have a great record in Thurles.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:56pm

[QUOTE=eireland]Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

2004 for a semi-final which Kilkenny won after a replay and they also met in the 2002 All Ireland final best remembered for DJ leaving Ollie Baker on his backside for one of the great All Ireland final points. Wonder where the 1/4 finals will be played I’d like to see them back in Croke Park but it’s often Thurles or Limerick. I’d actually fancy Galway to beat Cork in Croke Park or Limerick but Galway don’t have a great record in Thurles. [/QUOTE
I'll be in Dublin for work those weekends so hopefully croker but they are usually thurles. They tried cork one year I think but it didn't work out too well. 

Clare are fierce unlucky over the years. They've lost a lot of big games in Extra time or replays but at least they won the big one against cork.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 12:11am

[QUOTE=eireland]Had a blast in thurles yesterday. The Munster championship just keeps on giving. What do Clare have to do to win another provincial?!

2004 for a semi-final which Kilkenny won after a replay and they also met in the 2002 All Ireland final best remembered for DJ leaving Ollie Baker on his backside for one of the great All Ireland final points. Wonder where the 1/4 finals will be played I’d like to see them back in Croke Park but it’s often Thurles or Limerick. I’d actually fancy Galway to beat Cork in Croke Park or Limerick but Galway don’t have a great record in Thurles. [/QUOTE
I'll be in Dublin for work those weekends so hopefully croker but they are usually thurles. They tried cork one year I think but it didn't work out too well. 

Clare are fierce unlucky over the years. They've lost a lot of big games in Extra time or replays but at least they won the big one against cork.
Awh they had a good record under Loughnane in replays during the 90’s. You basically bullied Clare once you weren’t going doing it again was his way of thinking. 2010 i think the last time the 1/4 finals were in Croke Park. Not sure what to make of Wexford like in one way only for a weak referee who was influenced by the crowd for the overturning of the free V Galway they’d be out draw with Westmeath and then beat Kilkenny. They can be very hard to play against nobody will get anything easy from them and Lee Chin is back in form again which is a huge boost.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 2:35pm
Bill Murray at the Galway Cork game

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1538145298811342854" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1538145298811342854

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bill Murray at the Galway Cork game

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1538145298811342854" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1538145298811342854

Same teams playing each other every year.  Groundhog Day.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 11:39am
Just in Dublin for our fifth semi final in a row……great times after all the years of misery and living in hope.

Expect Galway to put it up to us physically.

Game yesterday was poor. Clare shooting decision was criminal at times, KK just going about their business as usual.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 3:28pm

Just in Dublin for our fifth semi final in a row……great times after all the years of misery and living in hope.

Game yesterday was poor. Clare shooting decision was criminal at times, KK just going about their business as usual.
As a Corkman and seeing us play both this year, Limerick are far better than Galway. Hope I'm wrong but this should be a double digit win

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 5:15pm
Almost caught today, looked very leggy at times and off the pace. Galway with some awful wides.
Another final tho but we need to improve massively 🇳🇬

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 11:10pm
Kilkenny surely favs based on current form and momentum. This will be some battle. 

Today was a great battle also. Limerick deserving winner's but Galway could have done it.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 12:10am

As a Corkman and seeing us play both this year, Limerick are far better than Galway. Hope I'm wrong but this should be a double digit win
You don’t know much do you 

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 8:59am

You don’t know much do you 
As I said, based on how those teams performed against us, Limerick are far ahead of Galway, Galway obviously stepped up a huge amount from their fortunate win against Cork in the QF

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 8:51pm
What a weekend in store.

Unusual enough some amount of tickets floating about numerous clubs here not even looked for a second allocation and some even selling to non members etc.

Can’t wait for Sunday.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 12:12am
Kilkenny wouldn't bring a big crowd for this. And with hotel prices and the airline crisis you won't get big numbers from abroad. Limerick will bring more but even they wouldn't be as eager after all the recent success.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 10:14am
YEah tickets were on ticketmaster yesterday, seemed to be there longer than usual too.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 10:46am
I think the price of tickets with price of fuel and hotels and indeed time of year too played massive impact on it.

Hotels really are crazy, luckily booked two last December.

Going for third senior all Ireland in 19 odd months - some days.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 11:43pm
Looking forward to the final tomorrow, game could go anyway tbh. Limerick could hammer Kilkenny but Kilkenny could easily catch Limerick on the hop like in 2019. Kilkenny by 2 in a classic, Limerick will be a monster after this beating 

Liam Cahill gave us some great days in Waterford the last 3 years with the whole county getting a great lift over the lockdowns. Pity how it all ended but that's life and sport for ya. Tipperary will be savage under him. 

While here in Waterford we have no idea where to go from here. That great underage talent of 2013-2016 is ageing and we have been pretty weak underage the last few years. Not many big names will be interested in taking the job, Davy will go to Dublin, Derek McGrath meh tbh will need a forget about the past and evolve . Maybe someone from Kilkenny will want to manage us to improve there CV. Interesting times ahead 

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:03pm
Flicked on the hurling for a minute.  The panel going on about the conditions and the ''searing heat'' so was curious thinking it must be up near 30c in Dublin but no its 23c FFSLOL

Hardly the Florida Citrus Bowl

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:38pm
Feels a lot hotter than 23 to be fair.

I'm sitting at home sweltering!

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Feels a lot hotter than 23 to be fair.

I'm sitting at home sweltering!

23 according to this which is fairly accurate but I just looked up other apps and it says 28c

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/hourly-table/2-2964574/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin%20City/Dublin?i=0" rel="nofollow - https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/hourly-table/2-2964574/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin%20City/Dublin?i=0

-------------

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 4:22pm
Some of the shooting has been outrageous in the first half. Kilkenny doing well to be still in this with those numbers up. The final 10 minutes will make the difference for Limerick I think

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 5:22pm
Enjoyable final and glad Limerick won. Fair play to them. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 6:13pm
Wow oh wow

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 6:46pm
The amount of pyro thrown around Hill 16 by Limerick fans was bad. No need for it. Even by the end Both sets of fans where throwing stuff at each other. Obviously very small minority. Good game. Fair play to Limerick. 

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 8:45pm
A great final between two top class teams. A titanic battle. Limerick deservedly up there with the great teams of hurling. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

The amount of pyro thrown around Hill 16 by Limerick fans was bad. No need for it. Even by the end Both sets of fans where throwing stuff at each other. Obviously very small minority. Good game. Fair play to Limerick. 

Same thing happened constantly between Galway and Limerick fans in the semi. How do they get that amount in when everyone's searched at the hill entrance. 

Delighted for Limerick though. Great to see a county outside of the big 3 do a 3 in a row. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since KK last won I think. Sweet revenge for Limerick for that 2007 final.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:30am
Really great to watch the match live. 
The speed of the play. The scoring was excellent with only a few bad misses for each team.
Limerick always seemed to have the upper hand.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 9:43am

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Same thing happened constantly between Galway and Limerick fans in the semi. How do they get that amount in when everyone's searched at the hill entrance. 

Delighted for Limerick though. Great to see a county outside of the big 3 do a 3 in a row. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since KK last won I think. Sweet revenge for Limerick for that 2007 final.

Only bags are searched.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 11:56am
I know it's a sign of the times and where all transactions are going but the day of keeping tickets from games is over. Previous All Ireland tickets are kept as mementos but not much point keeping an A4 printout. You'd think with the final they would keep the tradition. 

-------------

Posted By: CatalanCelt1
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I know it's a sign of the times and where all transactions are going but the day of keeping tickets from games is over. Previous All Ireland tickets are kept as mementos but not much point keeping an A4 printout. You'd think with the final they would keep the tradition. 

Totally agree there, no replacement for having physical tickets and matchday programs, especially for the big days. A friend of mine screenshots the e-tickets and then prints them off as small photos in pharmacies etc. Good work around I think but no still not the same.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 1:34pm

Yeah totally agree. The art of collecting ticket stubs is long dead.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 2:11pm

Hardly an artform 😀. 

Usually some memorabilia bore 😀

Good few of them used to be prominent posters on ybig 😀

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Hardly an artform 😀. 

Usually some memorabilia bore 😀

Good few of them used to be prominent posters on ybig 😀
There was definitely a lot more art to the tickets that the generic Ticketmaster page

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 4:26pm
Cody steps down after 24 year's! Would love to see him pull a Micko and try win with Waterford. Greatest manager ever. It will be fascinating to see if his replacement can win an all ireland or if Kilkenny will fall away like United post Fergie or Arsenal post Wenger. Another example would be Meath after Sean Boylan. Not many managers last as long as these boys.

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 4:52pm

Cody steps down after 24 year's! Would love to see him pull a Micko and try win with Waterford. Greatest manager ever. It will be fascinating to see if his replacement can win an all ireland or if Kilkenny will fall away like United post Fergie or Arsenal post Wenger. Another example would be Meath after Sean Boylan. Not many managers last as long as these boys.

He can go back doing what he does best.   Haunting kids in their dreams.

-------------

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 3:59pm
Galway manager looks like Teddy Persico.

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 4:26pm
Big shoes there to replace in Kilkenny.

I thought he would carry on for another bit. Some record.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Henry Shefflin looks nothing like Persico

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 4:30pm

Big shoes there to replace in Kilkenny.

I thought he would carry on for another bit. Some record.
size 10? 11?

Posted By: Hotlips_Hoolahan
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Henry Shefflin looks nothing like Persico

sh*te. I meant Padraic Joyce.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:21pm
Derek Lyng the new Kilkenny manager

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:37pm

Rumours all day on FB it was Martin Fogerty who got it, the days of the dinosaur manager are gone

Meanwhile in Waterford we have no idea who will get the gig here. Rumours of Eddie Brennan which I don't think would be a good appointment esp with his mouth 

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:38pm

Rumours all day on FB it was Martin Fogerty who got it, the days of the dinosaur manager are gone

Meanwhile in Waterford we have no idea who will get the gig here. Rumours of Eddie Brennan which I don't think would be a good appointment esp with his mouth 

Davy again Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:59pm

Davy again Big smile

I'd take it for the short term tbh 

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 6:31pm

The biggest dinosaur in hurling the last 10 years was Derek McGrath. There was nothing wrong with Cody’s style modern day hurling has people turning off it.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:54pm
Dillon Quirke fron Tipp died after collapsing on the pitch during a Tipperary SHC game this evening. Only 24

RIP

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:46am
Tragic stuff, talented sportsman

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 11:15pm
Confirmed. Davy Fitz back at Waterford

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 11:28pm
Short term he probably has a great chance to win a Munster or AI

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 10:48pm

Short term he probably has a great chance to win a Munster or AI

Me thinks that's what the county board were thinking. We're seeing Intercounty players retire when there early 30s and this 'golden age' panel of Waterford players are nearer that age 

Not sure what I think of it myself, never in a million years would i have predicted Davy coming back to us (Waterford). A lot of divided supporters here, big worry is the style of play that Davy will impose. Guess we just have to wait and see. 

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 11:57am
Micheál Donoghue named the new Dublin manager. 

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 9:48pm
Standard GAA schmozzle in the Naomh Barrog championship match. The GAA are really in the toilet with disciplinary issues. Guards should be involved 

https://twitter.com/ourgamehq/status/1591527238117335046?s=46&t=7ZQ5JKYj_7sjFMn6Zf6vaw" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/ourgamehq/status/1591527238117335046?s=46&t=7ZQ5JKYj_7sjFMn6Zf6vaw

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 9:59pm
Getting to know each other etc etc

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2022 at 5:52pm
Congratulations to Ballygunner on retaining the Senior Munster club title. Not everyday a Waterford team wins a Provincial title let alone do 2 in a row. Great bunch of players and won't fear anyone in there way for back to back All Ireland titles 

Leinster and Ulster deciders tomorrow Ballyhale vs Kilmacud and Slaughtneil vs Dunloy respectively. Winners joining Ballygunner and St Thomas in the All Ireland series. The GAA really have time to play the semi finals in January but insist on running them off in 2 weeks (Dec 17th/18th) where a repeat of the All Ireland final could well be on the cards 

Ballygunner vs Ballyhale/Kilmacud
St Thomas vs Slaughtneil/Dunloy

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 8:48am
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/leading-gaa-star-at-centre-of-garda-probe-for-alleged-1m-fraud-42337254.html" rel="nofollow - https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/leading-gaa-star-at-centre-of-garda-probe-for-alleged-1m-fraud-42337254.html

Like brother like sister 

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/leading-gaa-star-at-centre-of-garda-probe-for-alleged-1m-fraud-42337254.html" rel="nofollow - https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/leading-gaa-star-at-centre-of-garda-probe-for-alleged-1m-fraud-42337254.html

Like brother like sister 
Anyone know any good DJ’s?

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:45pm
Looks like said prominent GAA star tried to kill himself and is in a medical facility 

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 9:48am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Looks like said prominent GAA star tried to kill himself and is in a medical facility 
I didn't hear the "tried to kill himself" bit, but it's a fairly well worn path if you're in bother to claim a breakdown, get admitted to some spot for a few weeks, in the hope of some sympathy and lighter sentences

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net