You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 31>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm
Good start by Waterford.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Good start by Waterford.
LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Good start by Waterford.

That lasted long LOL

Awful from Waterford 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Jun 2019 at 3:39pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:51pm
Huge match now for Tipp. Lose it and they will be facing a limerick team in 2 weeks with their focus back. However they're at home and Limerick will be playing their 3rd week in a row. Limerick don't fear Tipp though and they are Tipps bogey team so it will be interesting. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:40pm
That was a good Clare performance but Tipp looking frightening good. John Conlon having a nightmare. That last wide he should have passed it in. We'll see how Clare do with the wind.

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 9:04pm
great day over in Waterford great win and even got sunburnt. Luimneach abu
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 10:56pm
Awful day and the future of hurling in waterford is hurting

2017 AI finalists too 2 in a row of 5th Munster team ???

Fanning needs to go but wont cause hes stubborn imo. Players won't return in 2020 if he still in charge. He done his best job for us but didnt work out sadly 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Awful day and the future of hurling in waterford is hurting

2017 AI finalists too 2 in a row of 5th Munster team ???

Fanning needs to go but wont cause hes stubborn imo. Players won't return in 2020 if he still in charge. He done his best job for us but didnt work out sadly 
Final of the league this year too. Something is seriously not right as the group of players are very talented. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 4:40am
Expected to lose by around 10, but to lose by 20 at home was utterly humiliating & depressing, regardless of how good Limerick were (and they were brilliant on the day, their movement, support running and sheer workrate were superb). Believe they rightfully got an awful slating on the Sunday Game, didn't see it, had no desire to relive the sheer awfulness of the ''performance'' having had to endure it in person first time around. 

Genuinely hoping Westmeath, Antrim or Laois win the Joe McDonagh, because I don't think we would beat Kerry in a playoff at the minute, it is that bad. Fanning should have resigned immediately after the game, nothing personal, but I don't think I've ever seen a management so far out of their depth at this level. Ran into a few of the team having a few quiet ones this evening, Kev Moran is retiring & confirmed as much to us, Socky was embarrassed by the whole lot and admitted he just wanted to hide, while all of them were openly mocking/dismissive of Fanning. 

I can take defeats, feck knows I've seem plenty of them, but it is hard to take the players simply giving up with a half to go, and more or less resigning themselves to being also rans under a coach they plainly don't rate nor respect. 
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 10:45pm
Shocking result alright particularly when your year is relying on a big game. No real fight there at all. Fanning doesn’t have the players and that is translating to the pitch. D McGrath spoke yesterday about De Burca and the way he was being used. Players also have to take some responsibility. I understand it can be difficult to adjust to new management but collectively they’ve been poor. Plenty in Waterford would have McGrath back in charge now.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 7:51am
Some amount of people backing Clare here last week, never saw it myself, knew we'd be too much for them. Realistically them beating us last year was a freak. We hit the post and then they went down and scored a goal and had a great last 5 minutes, we had been better most of the game. Can see us making wholesale changes now, we won't show our full hand against limerick this year early.

Edited by foggy.nelson - 04 Jun 2019 at 7:52am
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:19am

Munster now looks pretty much decided - Tipp in the final, Waterford are gone, between Limerick & Cork to see who comes 2nd and 3rd. 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:30am
Meanwhile the Joe McDonagh is providing all the hurling drama. Close, high scoring games, Offaly all but down to Christy Ring and Laois hurlers a step away from Croke Park on Leinster final day. A tricky trip to Kerry to negotiate first though. Hopefully get to see a bit of it in Copehnagen next week.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Some amount of people backing Clare here last week, never saw it myself, knew we'd be too much for them. Realistically them beating us last year was a freak. We hit the post and then they went down and scored a goal and had a great last 5 minutes, we had been better most of the game. Can see us making wholesale changes now, we won't show our full hand against limerick this year early.

Yeah, I was one of those. Really thought Clare would offer a lot more. Moloney and O'Connor are there since 2016, rather than looking settled, the team looked stale.

I still expect them to come into us in the Gaelic Grounds on Sunday like men possessed. Clare have zero fear of playing Limerick.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Munster now looks pretty much decided - Tipp in the final, Waterford are gone, between Limerick & Cork to see who comes 2nd and 3rd. 

Why do ya think Clare are done? 

In my head it's a Limerick/Tipp Munster final, with Cork/Clare battling out for 3rd
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Why do ya think Clare are done? 

In my head it's a Limerick/Tipp Munster final, with Cork/Clare battling out for 3rd

We were a complete shambles on Sunday and barely beat wats proven to be a very poor Waterford team - our race is ran I'm afraid,just don't think we're at the races at all.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 8:21pm
Seems certain members of the Minor panel have been asked to travel with the Senior team on Saturday vs Cork. That means certain players have withdrawn from the panel or else Fanning has told them to get f**ked. 
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Seems certain members of the Minor panel have been asked to travel with the Senior team on Saturday vs Cork. That means certain players have withdrawn from the panel or else Fanning has told them to get f**ked. 

Seems? Haven’t heard this myself to be honest. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 31>
  Share Topic