You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:18am
Things were very tight last year as some of ye can testify and id expect it'll be something similar this year particularly with the huge demand in Limerick
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:46am
Hurling is going through a golden era atm. The days of handy final tickets are long gone and won't return unless a team starts to dominate like kilkenny did. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:25pm
Hurling tickets are a lot easier got still than football. Have one for Sunday got looking forward to it now should be a great game. Have big Galway connections so would always follow them in the hurling. Had to watch last years final in Georgia.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:58am
The Game, on RTE is one of the best things I've ever seen. Fantastic show.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:57am
Great show indeed, my only complaint is it wasn't longer ! Seemingly the lads who made it said each interviewee gave 2-3 hours each of an interview before the film was made, there's a possibility those are going to be collated & released to the GAA separately.  It's so rare to see the likes of a relaxed Cody just talking about his love of hurling rather than Cody the intensely focused manager who mainly speaks in terse cliches before & after games (at least to public cameras anyway) just to give one example. 

Len Gaynor seems a right character, Cregan too. Some great contributions by Séan Óg & Anthony Daly in particular, very passionate individuals about their sport. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:33am
Hopefully they do one for football !

Edited by Borussia - 15 Aug 2018 at 3:34am
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:38am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Hopefully they dont, unless as a cure for insomnia
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 3:40am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Hopefully they dont, unless as a cure for insomnia

Apologies for not following the sheep and thinking that hurling is the best game ever and football is rubbish ! 

Some amount of nonsense that gets talked around hurling. 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:08am

I don't think it'd work for football as you don't have the blind cult-like devotion you'd get in hurling. The self-hatred would weigh it down. 

I would actually like if analysis of hurling was a bit more realistic, very rarely do you have fellas calling out sh*te games. Thankfully there were very few this year which added to the appeal of the show as hurling is riding the crest of a wave at the moment and football is at a low ebb.  
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Great show indeed, my only complaint is it wasn't longer ! Seemingly the lads who made it said each interviewee gave 2-3 hours each of an interview before the film was made, there's a possibility those are going to be collated & released to the GAA separately.  It's so rare to see the likes of a relaxed Cody just talking about his love of hurling rather than Cody the intensely focused manager who mainly speaks in terse cliches before & after games (at least to public cameras anyway) just to give one example. 

Len Gaynor seems a right character, Cregan too. Some great contributions by Séan Óg & Anthony Daly in particular, very passionate individuals about their sport. 
Yeah the ex-Tipp manager Eamon Ryan was another, came across as a quiet lad while managing, the show gave you a good insight into what they're really like. I used to think I was mad about hurling, turns out there's another level altogether with some of those lads.

They said at the end of the show that a lot of the footage would be on the RTE archives soon.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:06pm
Possibly release a dvd with bonus footage for Xmas 

Hard to believe the AI Senior final is on Sunday. Think Limerick will do it as they will give it everything on the day and leave nothing on the pitch, not saying Galway will not give it there all but they don't seem as strong as last year. Looking forward to it 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:59pm
Enjoyed the show but there could have been a larger critic of how they failed to grow the game much beyond its traditional hinterlands and even internationally.

Also thought the amount of slow motion was over the top and the comic book style stuff was bs.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Enjoyed the show but there could have been a larger critic of how they failed to grow the game much beyond its traditional hinterlands and even internationally.

Also thought the amount of slow motion was over the top and the comic book style stuff was bs.
Yeah they should really have used original footage of Cu Chullain LOL
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:00pm
Any tickets?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:40pm
eh Decco have you even managed to get one for yourself yet 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

eh Decco have you even managed to get one for yourself yet 

Nothing don't care about anyone else just myself
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
get your placard done and get up early around Gills pub on north circular road close to ticket office. You’d get one if you keep your eyes peeled. Any returns at all will be sold around 3pm/3.15 so you might get lucky.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 9:53pm
Send me a pm with your number as I will be around Sunday and will ask around. Nothing there at the minute.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
  Share Topic