You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Hurling 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 68>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:42am
Facilities are a f**king joke. Only time of the year the dressing rooms get a wash is county final day. We were on before the senior final about 10 years ago and we could not stay any longer than 5 min in it because of the amount of bleach they used to clean.

Any other time of the year, god help you if u had to go for a sh*t. Absolute flith. A jew wouldn't be caught dead in there
The main thing is not to panic
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Facilities are a f**king joke. Only time of the year the dressing rooms get a wash is county final day. We were on before the senior final about 10 years ago and we could not stay any longer than 5 min in it because of the amount of bleach they used to clean.

Any other time of the year, god help you if u had to go for a sh*t. Absolute flith. A jew wouldn't be caught dead in there

Why didn't they never build a new one outside of the town, somewhere which would have been handier. There are loads of places where a new place could have been built. Or have they already tried?

Edited by theheff1989 - 11 Jan 2014 at 12:53am
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Why didn't they never build a new one outside of the town, somewhere which would have been handier. There are loads of places where a new place could have been built. Or have they already tried?
Is there a need for it? Like Cork hasn't had a hurling game at home for a good number of years now and that's just once in the year. There was no need to do up Killarney either. One big stadium in Thurles is fine.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Absolute kip of a ground, any of the Waterford lads will concur

Ya, we have the worst 2 county grounds in the country, there is little argument from anyone there. They have done away with the grass bank in Corkery's picture & also the grass bank behind the 'country' end, so now Walsh Park theoretically holds 17,000. Now, I'm no safety officer, but assuming you could get that many in there, there isn't a hope in hell you would get them out again in a rush if ya had to, 3 of the 4 entrances are on one side of the ground (behind main stand) for starters, and as Heff mentioned, there is absolutely nowhere to park anywhere near the ground for that volume of people. 

I don't think championship games are ever going to be a runner there anyway, even assuming the 17k figure to be correct, only 3500 of that is seated, it simply isn't enough to cater for the demands that would be on such a game. 

There were plans to build a proper stadium (shared with WIT campus) of 25k on a new site back in '07 (when Walsh Park would have been worth big money for development purposes) but mainly due to the politics of the everlasting East/West split in our county board, that never got off the ground. Link to what might have been here.......http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/cullen-gives-details-of-e20m-gaa-stadiumby-years-end/

The reality is as Corkery said though, we don't need more stadia in this country, even had that been built , it would be full once or twice a year, but the heavily indebted CB have lost out on the alternative revenue the likes of last yr's Bruce Springsteen concerts brought to Cork and KK, as well as not getting big gate reciepts that those 1 or 2 games a year would bring. Nobody to blame here other than themselves, this isn't hindsight, as the link above proves, the early plans were in place but vetoed by the parish pump politics so beloved of the GAA and this country in general. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Just seen that back in November, Waterford tried to get their stadium approved for championship games.  They wanted to play the Cork game there. 

The last championship match we held in Walsh park was the worst day in our history . I like going to thurles and cork . The gaelic grounds is a nice stadium too just a balls to get out of there .
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

The last championship match we held in Walsh park was the worst day in our history . I like going to thurles and cork . The gaelic grounds is a nice stadium too just a balls to get out of there .

I presume yer referring to Kerry in '93, but that wasn't the last championship game in Walsh ParkWink

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 11:40am

You do realise that your comment about " a Jew " is extremely offensive to any right thinking individual ?

Perhaps you would consider using the edit option ?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:13pm
Loughgiel Shamrocks v Mount Leinster Rangers will be in Newry Feb 8 at 3pm.

Brilliant, was sure it would have been Parnell. Far handier.
@AntrimMan85
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:40pm
Would that be worth a couple of points to loughgiel or would I be way off?
Oh Poland we loved you.....
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Loughgiel certainly would go in favourites. A Dunloy man (local, rather bitter rivals ) reckons Loughgiel by 8. Having watched them through Ulster I wouldn't just be as confident. Going OK in challenge matches, beat DCU and UCD but beat by Dublin Co team 3-17 to 0-15.
@AntrimMan85
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:47pm
They would have to be favourites. MLR had a great win in Leinster which was deserved on the day but they are at the stage now where they will be meeting serious club campaigners. Oulart still have that monkey on their back and probably thought the hard work was done in the previous round. Ballyboden were a tad over confident and were caught. In saying that MLR did deserve their win and I was delighted for them on the day.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Loughgiel certainly would go in favourites. A Dunloy man (local, rather bitter rivals ) reckons Loughgiel by 8. Having watched them through Ulster I wouldn't just be as confident. Going OK in challenge matches, beat DCU and UCD but beat by Dublin Co team 3-17 to 0-15.

id actually fancy Na Piarsaigh to win this out, they seem to be the best balanced team left in the competition - I presume that bag of crazy Liam Watson is still playing AM?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:01pm
Aye, Na Piarsaigh are playing serious stuff at the min and have come on heaps since Loughgiel beat them 2 years ago.

Aye, Watson's still at it. Wee bit less prolific maybe than usual but when ye score 3-7 in an All Ireland final thats a tough act to follow. As shown in the drawn game v St Thomas' last year, a man for the big occassion and the big moment. Very much the same team as won 2 years ago. Lot of miles in one or two of them, i think theres maybe 2 positions that have changed. This team really hasn't had a break in 4 years but a final push to get another AI would see them remembered as one of the great club sides.
@AntrimMan85
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:36pm
FAO anyone london based - Fergal Lynch, Tony Kelly, John Conlan and Davy are in Crowne Moran Hotel in Cricklewood on Saturday night @7pm in case anyone is interested
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:41pm
The Crown in Cricklewood which was once a fine establishment was made a bollix of when the Moran fella turned it into a hotel.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:49pm
I'd love to see loughgiel and na pairsigh on patricks day. They've both to prove good enough to get there first of course.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:34am
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

You do realise that your comment about " a Jew " is extremely offensive to any right thinking individual ?

go f**k yourself and go off and join boards.ie LOLLOL
The main thing is not to panic
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:52am

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

go f**k yourself and go off and join boards.ie LOLLOL

What a charmer - you anti semitic scumbag , why don't you f**k off off & join an neo nazi party you miserable excuse of a man !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 68>
  Share Topic