Printed Date: 21 May 2024 at 10:12am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA Hurling 2014
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Subject: GAA Hurling 2014
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 9:30pm
Brendan Cummins has announced his retirement. Legend of the game Clap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Replies:
Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 2:36pm
No changes to the league. It was voted today.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 3:33pm
Yep, Cork and Limerick in Div 1B.

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I think it was the fairest vote but don't like the way the season ticket price is going up when in Div 1B.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 4:57pm
excellent. My plan of making Cork play us on Rathlin is coming together 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: familyguy
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 5:17pm

Poor aul Frank Murphy Angry - Podge Collins got motm in the Clare football final today

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Poor aul Frank Murphy Angry - Podge Collins got motm in the Clare football final today

There has to be a payoff for this FG. Munster SF and Final in PUC ?? (no matter who is in them) LOL

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

There has to be a payoff for this FG. Munster SF and Final in PUC ?? (no matter who is in them) LOL

When are league fixtures finalised?

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 7:47pm
At this rate, anytime before Christmas day would be welcome. Think it is meant to be in the next 2 weeks, that is why the decision on structure had to be today. 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 7:53pm

At this rate, anytime before Christmas day would be welcome. Think it is meant to be in the next 2 weeks, that is why the decision on structure had to be today. 

I look forward to seeing the Deise version of Johnjoes LOL

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 11:37am
My cousin has been asked on to the Clare panel, delighted for him although his social life is effectively out the window till at least July!
Can't wait for the league, it's mid November but after last year I've a thirst for county hurling already.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 12:28pm
Who is that jack??

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 1:16pm
I wouldn't say, he wouldn't want me to. Just a young lad, long way to go.

-------------

Posted By: FranDaMan
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

I wouldn't say, he wouldn't want me to. Just a young lad, long way to go.

What blaydin club Jacko?

-------------
Are ya a lady burd or a dirt burd?

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 1:54pm
If I said that I may as well name him,
It doesn't matter, just glad for the lad.
Wonder are there counties back training yet?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 2:10pm

If I said that I may as well name him,
It doesn't matter, just glad for the lad.
Wonder are there counties back training yet?
Ah cmon Jack, give us a clue. 10er for the first person to get the name right... Could make for a great game.

Is it trapnoclue by anychance?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 2:45pm
It's The E!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 8:02pm
Shur jaysus its hardly going to be a big secret

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 12:54pm
Hurling league fixtures announced (provisional)

Sat Feb 15th - Tipp V Wd (1A) Cork V Lk (1B)
Sun 16th - Gal V Dub, Clare V KK (1A) Ant V Wex, Offaly V Laois (1B)

Sat Feb 22nd -  Laois V Cork
Sun 23rd - Dub V Clare, KK V Tipp, Wd V Gal Wex V Offaly, Lk V Ant

Sat Mar 8th - Tipp V Clare
Sun 9th - KK V Gal, Wd V Dub Cork V Offaly, Laois V Ant, Lk V Wex

Sat Mar 15th - Dub V KK
Sun 16th - Gal V Tipp, Clare V Wd Wex V Laois, Ant V Cork, Offaly V Lk

Sun Mar 23rd - KK V Wd, Tipp V Dub, Clare V Gal Laois V Lk, Cork V Wex, Offaly V Ant

March 30th - QF's; 

1st 1A V 4th 1B (A)
2nd 1A V 3rd 1B (B)
3rd 1A V 2nd 1B (C)
4th 1A V 1st 1B (D)
Playoffs between 5th and 6th in 1A and 1B

Sun, Apr 13th - Promotion playoffs;

1B 6th place V Division 2 champions, 2B 6th place V Division 3 champions

Sun, Apr 20th - League Semi finals

A v D, B v C. 

Sun, May 4th - League final. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 1:06pm
Liking the Saturday games. Antrim will be playing in Loughgiel* so should get to a few of them.

*Unless my proposal to make Cork play us at the far end of Rathlin Island goes through.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 1:14pm
Handy enough fixtures for Cork. It looks fixed LOL. Antrim away looking like the only long trip. I'll be getting a season ticket.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 7:14pm
Less than 3 months away I can't wait.
It has a lot to live up to looking back on the year we just had. Epic year, maybe the greatest ever. I can't think of a better 1 anyway.
Thinking of the season ticket myself.

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 12:36pm
Joe Canning will be captain of Galway next season Clap

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 1:57pm
Fair play - hes well worth a go at it I suppose.
He'l have to be ye're leader to get ye over the line.
Galway have it in their locker hurling-wise to win an All-Ireland. Theres more needed to get over the line though.
Looking forward to throw-in now in February, literally anything could happen between February and September. Theres a lot up in the air right across the board. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 8:48am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/the-mobility-in-his-hip-was-the-same-as-a-70yearold-person-29859236.html

Pretty damning article. Anybody who doesn't think burnout is an issue is plain wrong.
I'd a friend who hurled senior for Clare who doesn't even hurl with his club anymore (he lives in dublin, but that's only part of it).
He puts the blame on what he was asked to do as a teenager. He had the club, both codes (he was an excellent footballer and played county underage), both codes in st flannans and both county panels on the way up.
He lost the love for it cos of overkill.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 7:01pm
Stick on channel 424 on the skybox lads.
Review of the hurling year

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 8:14pm
Bought the season review DVD of the 2013 championship today Thumbs Up

The full game of the final and replay on both discs Clap A must buy even for a Galway hurling fan LOL

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 8:20pm
Ha!
Tiochfaidh ar la should be the mantra!
Can't wait for the league

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 8:10pm
http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/was-last-year-the-start-of-a-new-era-of-hurling-glasnost-29888767.html

Interesting read. Only 5 weeks till throw in in the league

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:10pm
Offaly and Antrim tomorrow in the walsh cup. Looking forward to it.
First game for sid as manager.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:12pm
What would be a good 2014 for ye eire32?

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Offaly and Antrim tomorrow in the walsh cup. Looking forward to it.
First game for sid as manager.
I'm going to lead us to All-Ireland glory this year. Have no doubt. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 7:52pm

What would be a good 2014 for ye eire32?

Not answering for Eire32 or any other Biffo's, but it must be about time they got a half decent championship draw after (likely) losing in Leinster at some stage. Offaly always seem to get a county ranked well above them straight away in the last few years, which they usually lose, but it kills any chance of momentum a game/win Vs a Westmeath/Carlow/Antrim would give them before meeting Cork/Waterford/Limerick whoever. 

We are out ourselves on Sunday in Crystal cup V UL, as yet unknown if all, some or none of the various squad members with college affiliations are available for selection. Should be a relatively strong team regardless, for the first time in years, there is some strength in depth in the squad. Might pop down to it on Sunday weather permitting, Carriganore on a bad day makes the weather they are getting in the North USA look tropical.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 11:28pm
Just seen that back in November, Waterford tried to get their stadium approved for championship games.  They wanted to play the Cork game there. 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 11:38pm
Absolute kip of a ground, any of the Waterford lads will concur

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:01am
Pour dive of a place, plus getting parking around that place for a championship game would be some nightmare.

Posted By: da scientist
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:42am
Facilities are a f**king joke. Only time of the year the dressing rooms get a wash is county final day. We were on before the senior final about 10 years ago and we could not stay any longer than 5 min in it because of the amount of bleach they used to clean.

Any other time of the year, god help you if u had to go for a sh*t. Absolute flith. A jew wouldn't be caught dead in there

-------------
The main thing is not to panic

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Facilities are a f**king joke. Only time of the year the dressing rooms get a wash is county final day. We were on before the senior final about 10 years ago and we could not stay any longer than 5 min in it because of the amount of bleach they used to clean.

Any other time of the year, god help you if u had to go for a sh*t. Absolute flith. A jew wouldn't be caught dead in there

Why didn't they never build a new one outside of the town, somewhere which would have been handier. There are loads of places where a new place could have been built. Or have they already tried?

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Why didn't they never build a new one outside of the town, somewhere which would have been handier. There are loads of places where a new place could have been built. Or have they already tried?
Is there a need for it? Like Cork hasn't had a hurling game at home for a good number of years now and that's just once in the year. There was no need to do up Killarney either. One big stadium in Thurles is fine.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 1:14am

Absolute kip of a ground, any of the Waterford lads will concur

Ya, we have the worst 2 county grounds in the country, there is little argument from anyone there. They have done away with the grass bank in Corkery's picture & also the grass bank behind the 'country' end, so now Walsh Park theoretically holds 17,000. Now, I'm no safety officer, but assuming you could get that many in there, there isn't a hope in hell you would get them out again in a rush if ya had to, 3 of the 4 entrances are on one side of the ground (behind main stand) for starters, and as Heff mentioned, there is absolutely nowhere to park anywhere near the ground for that volume of people. 

I don't think championship games are ever going to be a runner there anyway, even assuming the 17k figure to be correct, only 3500 of that is seated, it simply isn't enough to cater for the demands that would be on such a game. 

There were plans to build a proper stadium (shared with WIT campus) of 25k on a new site back in '07 (when Walsh Park would have been worth big money for development purposes) but mainly due to the politics of the everlasting East/West split in our county board, that never got off the ground. Link to what might have been here....... http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/cullen-gives-details-of-e20m-gaa-stadiumby-years-end/" rel="nofollow - http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/cullen-gives-details-of-e20m-gaa-stadiumby-years-end/

The reality is as Corkery said though, we don't need more stadia in this country, even had that been built , it would be full once or twice a year, but the heavily indebted CB have lost out on the alternative revenue the likes of last yr's Bruce Springsteen concerts brought to Cork and KK, as well as not getting big gate reciepts that those 1 or 2 games a year would bring. Nobody to blame here other than themselves, this isn't hindsight, as the link above proves, the early plans were in place but vetoed by the parish pump politics so beloved of the GAA and this country in general. 

-------------

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Just seen that back in November, Waterford tried to get their stadium approved for championship games.  They wanted to play the Cork game there. 

The last championship match we held in Walsh park was the worst day in our history . I like going to thurles and cork . The gaelic grounds is a nice stadium too just a balls to get out of there .

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

The last championship match we held in Walsh park was the worst day in our history . I like going to thurles and cork . The gaelic grounds is a nice stadium too just a balls to get out of there .

I presume yer referring to Kerry in '93, but that wasn't the last championship game in Walsh ParkWink

-------------

Posted By: deiseblue
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 11:40am

You do realise that your comment about " a Jew " is extremely offensive to any right thinking individual ?

Perhaps you would consider using the edit option ?

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:13pm
Loughgiel Shamrocks v Mount Leinster Rangers will be in Newry Feb 8 at 3pm.

Brilliant, was sure it would have been Parnell. Far handier.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:40pm
Would that be worth a couple of points to loughgiel or would I be way off?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:42pm

Loughgiel certainly would go in favourites. A Dunloy man (local, rather bitter rivals ) reckons Loughgiel by 8. Having watched them through Ulster I wouldn't just be as confident. Going OK in challenge matches, beat DCU and UCD but beat by Dublin Co team 3-17 to 0-15.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:47pm
They would have to be favourites. MLR had a great win in Leinster which was deserved on the day but they are at the stage now where they will be meeting serious club campaigners. Oulart still have that monkey on their back and probably thought the hard work was done in the previous round. Ballyboden were a tad over confident and were caught. In saying that MLR did deserve their win and I was delighted for them on the day.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Loughgiel certainly would go in favourites. A Dunloy man (local, rather bitter rivals ) reckons Loughgiel by 8. Having watched them through Ulster I wouldn't just be as confident. Going OK in challenge matches, beat DCU and UCD but beat by Dublin Co team 3-17 to 0-15.

id actually fancy Na Piarsaigh to win this out, they seem to be the best balanced team left in the competition - I presume that bag of crazy Liam Watson is still playing AM?

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:01pm
Aye, Na Piarsaigh are playing serious stuff at the min and have come on heaps since Loughgiel beat them 2 years ago.

Aye, Watson's still at it. Wee bit less prolific maybe than usual but when ye score 3-7 in an All Ireland final thats a tough act to follow. As shown in the drawn game v St Thomas' last year, a man for the big occassion and the big moment. Very much the same team as won 2 years ago. Lot of miles in one or two of them, i think theres maybe 2 positions that have changed. This team really hasn't had a break in 4 years but a final push to get another AI would see them remembered as one of the great club sides.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:36pm
FAO anyone london based - Fergal Lynch, Tony Kelly, John Conlan and Davy are in Crowne Moran Hotel in Cricklewood on Saturday night @7pm in case anyone is interested

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:41pm
The Crown in Cricklewood which was once a fine establishment was made a bollix of when the Moran fella turned it into a hotel.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:49pm
I'd love to see loughgiel and na pairsigh on patricks day. They've both to prove good enough to get there first of course.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:34am
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

You do realise that your comment about " a Jew " is extremely offensive to any right thinking individual ?

go f**k yourself and go off and join boards.ie LOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:52am

What a charmer - you anti semitic scumbag , why don't you f**k off off & join an neo nazi party you miserable excuse of a man !

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 7:23am

What a charmer - you anti semitic scumbag , why don't you f**k off off & join an neo nazi party you miserable excuse of a man !

You should come over to my house some time for dinner and i will take out my yasser arafat table cloth 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 7:50am
Too early in the day to be trading insults with pond life - so cheerio Adolf !

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:15am
The Antrim U-21's had a reception the other weekend there where they were presented with the U-21 Ulster winners medals and All Ireland runners up medals. They were presented by Manager of the '89 Antrim Team Jim Nelson. Little did he know, his team from 89 were there to surprise him. Mighty stuff Clap

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.274396639378426.274396636045093.274396629378427.274396699378420.274396726045084.274396722711751.274396762711747.274396792711744.274396822711741.274396856045071.274396882711735.274396922711731.274396942711729.274396969378393.274396999378390.274397016045055.274397026045054.274397066045050.274397086045048.274397099378380.274397132711710.274397152711708.274397169378373.274397216045035.274397226045034.274397242711699.274397276045029.274397292711694.274397369378353.274397436045013.274397489378341.274397549378335.274397566045000.274397609378329.274397629378327.274397656044991.274397706044986.274397709378319.274397752711648.274397779378312.274397799378310.274397832711640.bps.a.274396602711763.1073741976.100004242756369&type=1" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.274396639378426.274396636045093.274396629378427.274396699378420.274396726045084.274396722711751.274396762711747.274396792711744.274396822711741.274396856045071.274396882711735.274396922711731.274396942711729.274396969378393.274396999378390.274397016045055.274397026045054.274397066045050.274397086045048.274397099378380.274397132711710.274397152711708.274397169378373.274397216045035.274397226045034.274397242711699.274397276045029.274397292711694.274397369378353.274397436045013.274397489378341.274397549378335.274397566045000.274397609378329.274397629378327.274397656044991.274397706044986.274397709378319.274397752711648.274397779378312.274397799378310.274397832711640.bps.a.274396602711763.1073741976.100004242756369&type=1

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: SuperDub
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 5:20pm
Tonight's Walsh Cup game between Dublin V UCD has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. The game is refixed for Tuesday night at 7.30 in Parnell Park.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 4:39am
Originally posted by SuperDub SuperDub wrote:

Tonight's Walsh Cup game between Dublin V UCD has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch. The game is refixed for Tuesday night at 7.30 in Parnell Park.

'Tis the sheer optimism that does for ya in the end SD, yer there and yer looking at the squad, thinking 'Thank fcuk we don't have to play Clare or anyone serious, but we should surely have a go off these youngfellas' then when the game happens, ye get beat by 4 or 5 points, and ya hear all the excuses like the pitch, the waterlogged bits out towards the sidelines, the fact that the college lads have apparently been training for 5 months, including Dubai/Antartica, the Ref who happens to be employed by same college/opposition, the fact that the lads were out on the beer last weekend, the fact that half the squad is somehow still involved in the junior county football championship (2013), and you end up consoling yerself with the vague idea that it was all part of the big plan/picture and come the league, ye will be ready to surprise all & sundry. 

The 'oul lad yer standing beside/sharing a Carrolls Irish Open golf umbrella with on the uncovered stand/grassy bank is not one for panicking, he has seen it all before, and has full faith in Anto Daly/Davy Fitz/Cody/Cunningham etc, so let us make no judgements other than the stereotypical '' Ah them lads are a bit further down the road than us at this point in time'' and ''Ah ya, but will he be going as well on the hard ground in June ??'' type sh*te, and bearing all that in mind, roll on March.............

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 5:27pm
Antrim beat by 3 goals by Westmeath. Very experimental Antrim side -  all players either minor or U-21 so hard to take too much ffrom it either way. 

The more usual county side well beat by Loughgiel in Challenge match yesterday. 

Summary -  we should just field the Loughgiel team in saffron jerseys. 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 12:52am
will the antrim boy unite this year and play together?? seems to be alot of in fighting.... 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 9:10am

will the antrim boy unite this year and play together?? seems to be alot of in fighting.... 

In a word - No.

And should Loughgiel win another All-Ireland (Still make Na Paisaigh favourites but anyway) then you can forget the whole feckin thing. The jealousy from some camps was unreal in 2012.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 8:08pm
A good result for Dublin today although we are relying to much on Conal Keaney and Paul Ryan for scores. I fear we are still short of 2 or 3 real scoring forwards to be a real force this year. We will really have to step it up for next Saturday night.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 8:27pm
Sutcliffe, Dotsy and Treacy didn't play today. That's a lot of firepower to come back

Good to see Ryan finding the net too. Three goals in two games

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Sutcliffe, Dotsy and Treacy didn't play today. That's a lot of firepower to come back

Good to see Ryan finding the net too. Three goals in two games

Tracey has really struggled with consistent form with all the injuries he's had over the last couple of years he's still young and I hope he has an injury free year. Dotsy and Sutcliffe are certainly talented forwards but I can only imagine the fire power that Ciaran Kilkenny and Cormac Costello could bring to Dublin hurling and it's their absence that could be the difference in Dublin winning a hurling all Ireland in the next couple of years.

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 10:21pm

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I presume yer referring to Kerry in '93, but that wasn't the last championship game in Walsh ParkWink

It was the Kerry match I was referring to . I'm puzzled to think what game could have been played there since ? A qualifier against Down when they tried the league format in the qualifiers ?

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 1:15pm
Lads, if anyone is interested in joining a YBIG mini league for the national hurling league, head to www.allianzleaguespredictions.ie

Register and click on 'Join a hurling mini league' and submit the code
Z6qKm3J4jMSr

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 1:56pm
Joined it there. Cheers.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 1:42pm
Bump

Anyone else interested in doing the predictions comp?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 2:52pm
I wonder if Sid will give us an update of how Canice Picklington and the Kilkenny lads are going in Pre Season?

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 3:00pm

I wonder if Sid will give us an update of how Canice Picklington and the Kilkenny lads are going in Pre Season?

canice is following me on twitter LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

canice is following me on twitter LOL

I'd say his tweets are a raw and insightful look into the world of an intercounty hurler, at the end of the day, ya know. Like.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 10:35pm

Impressive performance from Kilkenny to win the Walsh Cup Final this evening considering they gave a rest to the old double act of King Henry and St. Canice. 

Both legendary veterans will be back for the first round of the league, I suppose.

Canice has asked me tell you all to make sure to watch this excellent coaching video, starring Brian Cody, Martin Fogarty, JJ Delaney, and of course a short cameo from Canice himself. Certainly well worth three hours of your Saturday night. 

-------------

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 1:38am

Kilkenny deserved the win. Dubs put in a decent effort to make the score line more respectable in the last 10 minutes, to little to late to avoid the defeat though.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 6:03pm
There's no 3b in that prediction thing. Some very hard predictions in the other leagues though. Monaghan v Longford for example.

-------------

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 4:08pm
[QUOTE=Dukla]

Kilkenny deserved the win. Dubs put in a decent effort to make the score line more respectable in the last 10 minutes, to little to late to avoid the defeat though.

[/QUOTE

We were chasing for a large majority of the game and at 8 points down second half it was good to battle back to a respectable scoreline, wont be losing any sleep over it roll on 2 weeks.
Reckon Schutte will overtake treacy come championship

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 8:16pm
As was said above we were chasing the game most the night. Kilkenny played a sweeper in front of Dotsy so any ball that went his direction was cleared back up the field, he got two nice scores in the second half went he went out the field. Mark Schuite got 4 nice scores in the corner. Colm Cronin at wing forward was quiet enough but is still young and needs to be given time to develop. I still think we are short a couple of scoring forwards to have any influence on this years championship.

Kilkenny looked fresh and dictated the game for long periods but I'm still glad that we kept the score respectable when it looked like we might get a hammered when we were 8 down.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 8:19pm
We will struggle against Kilkenny in 2 weeks time I feel. Lads late starting this year for obvious reasons and a holiday was only had last month.
What il look for from the league is staying up and hopefully blooding a few new fellas to put pressure on a few of last years starters.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 8:28pm

We will struggle against Kilkenny in 2 weeks time I feel. Lads late starting this year for obvious reasons and a holiday was only had last month.
What il look for from the league is staying up and hopefully blooding a few new fellas to put pressure on a few of last years starters.

Hows that cousin of yours getting on Jack?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 10:29am
Will be biding his time for now. Won't be making it this year but time is on his side.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 2:51pm
Senior Club Semi Finals tomorrow. Getting a bit anxious now but looking forward to the match in Newry. Will have to record the second game - i think it could be a classic.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 7:40pm
Clare v tipp in waterford crystal tonight.

The team to take on Tipperary tomorrow in the Waterford Crystal Final in the Gaelic Grounds at 7.30pm is as follows: 1. Patrick Kelly 2. Seadna Morey 3. Cian Dillon 4. Paul Flanagan 5. Conor Cleary 6. Patrick Donnellan 7. Pat OΦConnor 8. Peter Duggan 9. Shane Golden 10. John Conlon 11. Tony Kelly 12. Colin Ryan 13. Cathal Tots OΦConnell 14. Conor McGrath 15. David Reidy

This is on in a deluge in limerick at the minute

2-1 to the all-Ireland champions at the minute.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 8:10pm
3-5 to 1-10 at ht to Clare.
Tipp on top but Clare with a flurry of 3 goals in 5 minutes has us a point up.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 8:58pm
Tipp ran riot in the2nd half, 12 points up.
Like the old days all over again

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 9:16pm
Tipperary absolutely destroyed a relatively strong Clare team - Its a wake up call and It'll focus minds for kk Sunday week if nothing else

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 8:29am
Will not press the panic button. Neither will I if we're beaten in the league early doors. We'l be fine..was talking to a player, the aim and focus is to win a munster championship this year. That's always a big ask.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 3:55pm

Will not press the panic button. Neither will I if we're beaten in the league early doors. We'l be fine..was talking to a player, the aim and focus is to win a munster championship this year. That's always a big ask.

sounds a bit strange but a muster championship would probably as sought after as an all-Ireland at this stage

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 4:21pm
What a match!

Mount Leinster Rangers have done it by a point in a thriller!

They deserved to win it, too. Great quality scoring from them. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

What a match!

Mount Leinster Rangers have done it by a point in a thriller!

They deserved to win it, too. Great quality scoring from them. 

what a game - Christ Watson f**ked up with the fees, portumna v nap could possibly be another cracker

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 7:14pm
Well f**k that! 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 9:03pm
il be shocked if Portumna don't tear mlr a knew arsehole in the final but f**k me some achievement Clap

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:12am
Lads the local paper said otherwise yesterday, but I worry for Cusack Park holding our glamour tie with Kilkenny this weekend.
The weathers been atrocious and it is not in great nick despite the footballers not playing on it last weekend. Hurling, the fastest field game in the world was not intended for these sh*te conditions Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:16pm
Il get the ball rolling here.

Clare v Kilkenny - Kilkenny by 5.
Tipp v waterford - tipp by 4.
Galway v dublin. Galway by 1.

Cork v limerick - cork by 2.
Offaly v Laois - Offaly by 6. I expect wins for Wexford and Carlow also.

Let the games begin!!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:48pm
You join the hurling predictions league? Fancy Kilkenny alright. Reckon you'll see a very physical game. Kilkenny reasserting their authority.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:02am
Huge game in Inniskeen on Sunday as the might of the Monaghan hurlers entertain our visitors from banjo country, Longford.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:21am
waterford to be relegated. tipp will murder them sunday 

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 8:13am
are waterford that bad lads ?

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 10:15am
No their not.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 1:24pm
Wexford and Antrim Sunday, never know what Wexford are capable of, could hammer Antrim or get hammered. Will not be making the trip to Antrim though.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Wexford and Antrim Sunday, never know what Wexford are capable of, could hammer Antrim or get hammered. Will not be making the trip to Antrim though.

Few Loughgiel players back in the Antrim team. Few strange selection decisions but it wouldn't be Antrim hurling without it.

Up in Ballycastle, we've a decent record against Wexford, would expect a tight enough game.

Wind can make a bollicks of a game up there. Its very exposed.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net