You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football league 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=190978

As I said before it was a very strange case and only right that O'Briens 3 game ban was over turned due to lack of evidence. From the time I read that the Dublin doctor had seen McBrearty at the ground and saw no evidence of a bit and only a bruise I thought something was up.

Obviously I'm going to be biased towards O'Brien but could this be a case of McBrearty making it up going to far with a lie (going to hospital for shots etc)?

Comes as no surprise to me that obrien has got of and I did say previous I was surprised that he got any suspension. But sausy I can 100% say an incident did happen and mcbearty isn't lying. As said previous have talked to members of the back room team about it.

The 1 thing that had happened in his incident is that 2 young gas players have been affected by a decision by the cccc 1st by giving obrien a suspension (making it look like he did it) and then dropping the suspension (making it look like mcbearty made it up). I'm happy he got off as well because cant just suspend a player for the sake of it need proof that said player carried out the incident

Of course the Donegal players and back room staff are going to back him up. I know you're going to defend him and I'm going to take the O'Brien's side but Donegal and McBrearty stories don't add up.

McBrearty makes an accusation that O'Brien bit him (whether he did, tried to do etc we will probably never know).
McBrearty / Donegal back room staff makes the incident known to the referee and Dublin staff stating that McBrearty had lacerations following a biting incident.
Dublin doctor follows up the incident and gets to check out McBrearty for himself where he said he saw no lacerations whatsoever and all he saw was a bruise.
McBrearty is taken to hospital for shots after he said he was bit.
O'Brien gets a 3 game ban.
Ban over turned due to lack of evidence.

Now surely there would have to be evidence if he was bitten and the Donegal doctor felt it was bad enough that for precaution reasons he's have to go to hospital. The hospital would no doubt have a report of lacerations cuts from the bite yet it seems they don't as it would have been used in the case against O'Brien.

Way too much doesn't add up. But if it did happen I think a ban of 3 games isn't nearly tough enough for scum bag behaviour like biting.

One vital flaw in all that though sausy is at no stage at all did mcbearty or donegal say it was obrien who did it. In all reports from donegals end they refused to Jane the player and th only person who named him was the irish times newspaper. The ban was over turned because the lack of evidence to pin point obrien to the incident not the lack of evidence of a bite.
I would start to seriously worry about the state of he hse if mcbearty was given a tetanus shot and a dose of medication for a laceration that didn't exist. From what I have heard the last few days mcbearty didn't attend the hearing Thursday night meaning obrien go off. I have stated already the fact he deserved to get off because was no evidence to pin point him to the bitin incident and as I have said 100% was a biting incident as my mother works in the same a&e department mcbearty was treated in. I just want the issue to go away so young mcbearty and others can concentrate on the 26th may against Tyrone
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 6:25pm
The fact he didn't attend the meeting raises more doubts for me.

Why are Limerick wearing Blue today given Offaly are wearing nearly All white jerseys Confused
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 6:27pm
Don't suppose anybody has a link to the games?
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Why are Limerick wearing Blue today given Offaly are wearing nearly All white jerseys Confused
I'd say both teams changed their kits? Happens quite a bit in GAA!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Yeah but Dublin played Laois in Leinster last year and both wore their home jerseys even though they're blue Confused
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:33pm

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Yeah but Dublin played Laois in Leinster last year and both wore their home jerseys even though they're blue Confused
And that's the flip side LOL That clash was awful bad that day actually. Sun in my feckin eyes and all
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 8:22pm
can monaghan hang on?
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 8:38pm
5/6 years i was playing indoor soccer with neil mcadam the fcukin size of him today! well done monaghan! happy for fintan kelly from clones too!
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:03pm

I don't know if he did attend or not just what I've been hearing. As I've said already I know he was bit by someone but don know who by and unless the cccc had other evidence they were in a similar situation in which case they should not have singled any player out and closed the case due to insufficient evidence which is what has ended up happening anyway. People's gripe should be with the gaa and the cccc not with donegal county board or young mcbearty they simply reported an incident like any county would do. The press will have a field day next time both ounties meet

Edited by ringerbell - 27 Apr 2013 at 9:05pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:51pm

I don't know if he did attend or not just what I've been hearing. As I've said already I know he was bit by someone but don know who by and unless the cccc had other evidence they were in a similar situation in which case they should not have singled any player out and closed the case due to insufficient evidence which is what has ended up happening anyway. People's gripe should be with the gaa and the cccc not with donegal county board or young mcbearty they simply reported an incident like any county would do. The press will have a field day next time both ounties meet
The reason he and Donegal didnt name anyone is because nobody bit him.. it was all lies. The player made the whole thing up. Of course yhe county are going to back up their player. Its a total embarrassment for that Donegal team. If someone of the Dublin panel bit another player I would not support this player nor would our county board.
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 9:59pm
It does sound like it could be made up. If McBearty was genuinely bitten by a player he'd have no problem naming the player to everyone - he wouldn't be worried about false allegations because he'd be sure it happened himself and would obviously be angry.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by RazorMac RazorMac wrote:

The reason he and Donegal didnt name anyone is because nobody bit him.. it was all lies. The player made the whole thing up. Of course yhe county are going to back up their player. Its a total embarrassment for that Donegal team. If someone of the Dublin panel bit another player I would not support this player nor would our county board.

Yeah that's right razor mcbearty made it all up went to letterkenny general hospital and got the tetanus shot for the shear crack of it. Tell me this then what did he have to gain fom making this all up
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:20pm
Another proud day for the fans of the best county in the country.

Monaghan
It's Jack Shat
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 10:34pm
Farney army
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 12:59pm
Tyrone a serious price today 7/2
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:41pm
That can't be right surely Confused

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:46pm
3/1 on skybet DI so would say without checking the likes of Boyles and PP would have it as 7/2 for the value

Reckon they'll win it meself or if not the league theyre still the team to beat for the AI this year I reckon, hard an all as it is for me to admit Ouch orks/middle earthThumbs Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:48pm
Jesus do the bookies know something. Would have Dublin as slight favourites for today but jaysus wouldn't have Tyrone down at 7/2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>
  Share Topic