URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43056
Printed Date: 21 May 2024 at 12:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA football league 2013
Posted By: MayoMark
Subject: GAA football league 2013
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:13pm

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Replies:
Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Fair enough,
Again apologies from me,should know betterEmbarrassed

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:27pm
Div 1 P W D L Dif Pts
Dublin 1 1 0 0 +6 2
Mayo 1 1 0 0 +6 2
Kildare 1 1 0 0 +4 2
Tyrone 1 1 0 0 +3 2
Down 1 0 0 1 -3 0
Donegal 1 0 0 1 -4 0
Kerry 1 0 0 1 -6 0
Cork 1 0 0 1 -6 0
Div 2 P W D L Dif Pts
Laois 1 1 0 0 +7 2
Galway 1 1 0 0 +3 2
Westmeath 1 1 0 0 +1 2
Wexford 1 1 0 0 +1 2
Longford 1 0 0 1 -1 0
Louth 1 0 0 1 -1 0
Derry 1 0 0 1 -3 0
Armagh 1 0 0 1 -7 0
Div 3 P W D L Dif Pts
Monaghan 1 1 0 0 +12 2
Fermanagh 1 1 0 0 +10 2
Roscommon 1 1 0 0 +3 2
Antrim 1 1 0 0 +2 2
Cavan 1 0 0 1 -2 0
Sligo 1 0 0 1 -3 0
Wicklow 1 0 0 1 -10 0
Meath 1 0 0 1 -12 0
Div 4 P W D L Dif Pts
Offaly 1 1 0 0 +8 2
Limerick 1 1 0 0 +2 2
Carlow 1 1 0 0 +1 2
Waterford 1 1 0 0 +1 2
Clare 1 0 0 1 -1 0
Tipperary 1 0 0 1 -1 0
Leitrim 1 0 0 1 -2 0
London 1 0 0 1 -8 0

Solid starts for Dublin, Mayo and Kildare in Division 1 and an expected Tyrone victory. It will be a tight division. Have to say I like the idea of 4 semi finalists as most teams are playing for something right up to the last day be it a semi final place or avoiding relagation.

Looking forward to our game v Tryone next week in Castlebar, a win would put us in a great position to make another semi final.

-------------

Posted By: RazorMac
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:41pm
Dublin and mayo at the top of div 1

-------------
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:48pm
What a horrific start for Meath.Next up is wicklow in Aughrim . That will be interesting. .   

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:49pm
Mayo the bottlers to do the same this year and the Dubs to steam roll their division and then go onto to do the treble with Leinster and the All Ireland.

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Mayo the bottlers to do the same this year and the Dubs to steam roll their division and then go onto to do the treble with Leinster and the All Ireland.

Don't know if you're messing you not Sono but could well happen.
Dublin very hungry,competition for places and won't lose any match easily.Shoe in for Leinster,have a very good chance in the League and my favourites for the All Ireland.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:55pm
Mayo league, Connacht and all Ireland treble 117/1 all over that

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Don't know if you're messing you not Sono but could well happen.
Dublin very hungry,competition for places and won't lose any match easily.Shoe in for Leinster,have a very good chance in the League and my favourites for the All Ireland.
Galway will be no pushover this year.long way off an all Ireland. Would love to see them back in the big games..will be some game against Mayo. I can never call them games in connaught.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm

Mayo league, Connacht and all Ireland treble 117/1 all over that
its a very good bet. Worth a fiver

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
top of the league!
top of the league!
top of the league!
top of the league!

Posted By: Trapped
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Good to see the 2013 Championship thread solely concentration on everything from 1992 to 2012.

Sono, I have to 100% disagree with you about the league. Its taken very seriously by teams, while the starting 15 may not be the same as that which finished the last championship game people have to be given a chance. If you want to see experminental side go to see a challenge game. League form is a huge indication of the championship to come. Just look at the Dubs from 2011.

Footballers: win all league game, lose narrowly in the final to Cork.
Hurlers: win the league, and lose a semi final which they could have won against Tipp.
I was about to say the exact same thing in the other thread (until I read through the rest of the sh*te talk).

The league is more important these days and it's worth every team's while to be in the top division until the summer. It's much less experimental than it was and more about gearing up towards the championship - the stats will back that up. Donegal started their match on Saturday with 13 of the 15 players that started the All-Ireland final.

The Dublin hurlers have proved this more than anyone over the last few years. 2011 was our best year in a long time - won the league with some memorable victories on the way and despite not winning Leinster ran Tipperary very close in the AI semi-final (with a weakened defence). Compare that to last year - lost nearly every match in the league, got relegated before being embarrasingly poor in the championship. League form has much more of bearing these days than it used to. The more scientific/professional the game has become the more that league form has a bearing on the championship. The stats will back that up.

-------------
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 7:14pm
Cant wait for the galway-mayo game in salthill. i live only 10 minute walk from the stadium. i must get a behind enemy lines flag done out

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Good to see the 2013 Championship thread solely concentration on everything from 1992 to 2012.

Sono, I have to 100% disagree with you about the league. Its taken very seriously by teams, while the starting 15 may not be the same as that which finished the last championship game people have to be given a chance. If you want to see experminental side go to see a challenge game. League form is a huge indication of the championship to come. Just look at the Dubs from 2011.

Footballers: win all league game, lose narrowly in the final to Cork.

Hurlers: win the league, and lose a semi final which they could have won against Tipp.

I was about to say the exact same thing in the other thread (until I read through the rest of the sh*te talk).

The league is more important these days and it's worth every team's while to be in the top division until the summer. It's much less experimental than it was and more about gearing up towards the championship - the stats will back that up. Donegal started their match on Saturday with 13 of the 15 players that started the All-Ireland final.

The Dublin hurlers have proved this more than anyone over the last few years. 2011 was our best year in a long time - won the league with some memorable victories on the way and despite not winning Leinster ran Tipperary very close in the AI semi-final (with a weakened defence). Compare that to last year - lost nearly every match in the league, got relegated before being embarrasingly poor in the championship. League form has much more of bearing these days than it used to. The more scientific/professional the game has become the more that league form has a bearing on the championship. The stats will back that up.

i totally agree. In the last 10 years cork and Tyrone have won d league and sam in d same year. Kerry have done it 3 times. Mayo and Dublin both made the last 2 league finals and then played on the 3rd Sunday in september. The game has become more professional and managers are under big pressure to produce. Challenge games and obyrne cup etc is where the experimenting is done these days.

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:13pm
good start for roscommon with a win over Sligo and we were missing the lads still involved in the club championship,4 or 5 of them would be starters.Fermanagh up next will be a very big test.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:41pm
Yeah good win for Roscommon. Connacht will be very interesting this year. If we beat Galway we will be in a great position though as we are due to play both Ross and Sligo in castlebar. Leitrim would be away. Huge game for us in salthill

-------------

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:16pm
Galway v Mayo a week before Ireland play England, gonna be an emotional fortnight Beer

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Galway v Mayo a week before Ireland play England, gonna be an emotional fortnight Beer

We'll spank ye in your own back yard. Cannot wait

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If ye do I'll find out where ya live and burn it down straight after the game Approve

We can meet for a pint afterwards Thumbs Up

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:27pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If ye do I'll find out where ya live and burn it down straight after the game Approve

We can meet for a pint afterwards Thumbs Up

That'd be good craic that day. it'll be a bit of a session after it. pisstake aside it'll be a tit for tat game regardless of league form. whether mayo or galway have good or sh*te leagues wont make that much of a difference imo. Both teams will be up for it. galway couldnt be any worse than last year

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:44pm
Big game for us tonight I feel. Know it's only 2nd game in and all but need to be winning the home games if wnt stay in division 1. Good news on the injury front with McFadden,mcglynn,McGrath and mchugh all being fit to start tonight. Hoping murphy (aka my lookalike) will continue his good form of late after scoring 23 points in th last week for Donegal and dcu

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:51pm
Looking forward to a Donegal win tonight or else there's alot of us gone in the last man standing comp!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:52pm
A win tomorrow for the Maroon & White is crucial towards our bid for promotion, I see it as a more winnable game than Westmeath next week.

If we can have at least 6 points going into the games versus Wexford, Laois and Armagh, we'll have every chance of going up.

And Donegal better win! I am not going out of that competition in the 2nd week! LOL

-------------

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm
Laois to beat Derry tonight and Galway and Laois to meet in Div 2 final!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:57pm
I noticed tha last nigh think there's 7 or 8 of us have them in it. Seen comments from jim last nigh saying he expecting big improvement tonight and with the 4 lad fit to play we should come close game changed last week when mchugh came on and the 2 lads back in the defence will help also. Team hasn't been names yet but that's the word I've got anyway that they will be back tonight

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Fancy Laois to come back up this year, think brian mciver will do a good job in Derry but will need time to do so

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I think Laois are certs to go up. McNulty has done a very good job since taking over and that victory over Armagh was a great start to the league. It's between ourselves, Armagh and Wexford for the second spot. I don't see Derry challenging for it, especially if they lose to Laois 2moro. I'd be a bit wary of Longford but would expect us to come through against them.

Wexford and Armagh is a big game 2moro for both sides. Armagh can't really afford to lose, and a win for them would really make it interesting.

The only thing stopping me from backing Galway to join Laois is a little thing called consistency, something we haven't displayed for ages except when we were losing games the last time we were in Division 1.

Probably a good thing we've 4 away games cause I've little time for Pearse Stadium the horrendous wind factor that ruins games. Tuam Stadium is better for playing football but the facilities are hopeless.

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:31pm
Hope you's all get dumped out of this competition tonight Approve

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 6:37pm
You any links to the clash of the titans RB? No setanta and wont be hitting the pub for another hour at least(assuming they still have setanta in it)

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 8:57pm
Cavan 1-10
Monaghan 0-05

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:16pm
Happy with our performance tonight bit rusty in 1st half kicking 7 wides but h introduction of Neil Gallagher at half time totally changed the game. Really impressed with run mchugh tonight and he I'll get better with bit more experience.

Just a question fo the down lads on here. Why doesjames McCarten has yous playing extremely defensive does not suit your style of play at all. Down always at their best playing free flowing football and giving quick ball into the forwards but tonight they were ultra slow in the buildup. Know no one in Donegal can talk about playing defensive but just fel it doesn't suit the type of player yous have at your exposure

-------------

Posted By: kopkid
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:24pm
Great win for Kildare tonite.  Was worried that we would struggle back in division 1 but another win will probably see us stay up.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just a question fo the down lads on here. Why doesjames McCarten has yous playing extremely defensive does not suit your style of play at all. Down always at their best playing free flowing football and giving quick ball into the forwards but tonight they were ultra slow in the buildup. Know no one in Donegal can talk about playing defensive but just fel it doesn't suit the type of player yous have at your exposure
Because he is a clueless idiot wanting his family and friends to play in the fecking team Angry

Aside from that it is also because he not only embarrassed himself but also his players and the people of the county with the displays against you lot in the ulster final and the other embarrassment so he in his infinite wisdom has decided he is going to have them play a defensive game this year, best forwards on the island - yep we have that, worst defenders on the island - yep we tick that box as well so off course the sensible conclusion to come to is to play a defensive system Ouch

But on tonight RB, how on this fuking earth could N.McGee stay on the pitch when he clearly pulls back O'Hare when about to put the ball in the net???? Aside from that it was another wasteful performance full of wimping out of challenges and expecting the referee to protect them, the top 6 teams on the island dont wait on the referee to protect them, they protect themselves and also try to intimidate the opposition to induce reactions, Down lads let them away with it everytime ffs. The only hope I have for the coming championship is yer lad Gough, he is a beast of a lad and he should be the "enforcer" we badly need to sort out the opposition with King in tow helping him to allow the forwards - albeit lightweight lads but that is what makes them so fuking great to do what they do best and destroy teams with their interplay and running. The chances of McCartan letting them do this - ZERO!!!!!!!!! 2010 he tried to play the "sweeper" system, got put out of the championship over it, in the qualifiers he reverted to the attacking football you recognise is the natural game and wayhay we make an AI final Geek sooner he goes the fecking better, this season is to be wrote off as his fecking ego taking over his common sense Thumbs Down

But on the slow possession thing - we were at it last year as well, trying to walk the ball into the net and failing and getting caught with players to far up the pitch so now he lets the front 3-4 try and walk it in leaving massive gaps for the opposition to take advantage off and tonight proved the same fuking result ensue's - RANT OVER LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Because he is a clueless idiot wanting his family and friends to play in the fecking team Angry

Aside from that it is also because he not only embarrassed himself but also his players and the people of the county with the displays against you lot in the ulster final and the other embarrassment so he in his infinite wisdom has decided he is going to have them play a defensive game this year, best forwards on the island - yep we have that, worst defenders on the island - yep we tick that box as well so off course the sensible conclusion to come to is to play a defensive system Ouch

But on tonight RB, how on this fuking earth could N.McGee stay on the pitch when he clearly pulls back O'Hare when about to put the ball in the net???? Aside from that it was another wasteful performance full of wimping out of challenges and expecting the referee to protect them, the top 6 teams on the island dont wait on the referee to protect them, they protect themselves and also try to intimidate the opposition to induce reactions, Down lads let them away with it everytime ffs. The only hope I have for the coming championship is yer lad Gough, he is a beast of a lad and he should be the "enforcer" we badly need to sort out the opposition with King in tow helping him to allow the forwards - albeit lightweight lads but that is what makes them so fuking great to do what they do best and destroy teams with their interplay and running. The chances of McCartan letting them do this - ZERO!!!!!!!!! 2010 he tried to play the "sweeper" system, got put out of the championship over it, in the qualifiers he reverted to the attacking football you recognise is the natural game and wayhay we make an AI final Geek sooner he goes the fecking better, this season is to be wrote off as his fecking ego taking over his common sense Thumbs Down

But on the slow possession thing - we were at it last year as well, trying to walk the ball into the net and failing and getting caught with players to far up the pitch so now he lets the front 3-4 try and walk it in leaving massive gaps for the opposition to take advantage off and tonight proved the same fuking result ensue's - RANT OVER LOLLOLLOLLOL
it played right into our hands tonight philliy would say jim mcguiness loved seeing down taking 10-20 hand passes before leaving their own defensive line. totally agree with you on the neil mcgee incident should of been a penalty which would of brought a second yellow and a red. we got lucky with that for sure but we were full value for the win only for some wasteful shooting and a good save from your keeper we would of been out of sight.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:26pm
He's some keeper for 18 Shocked  (the Down lad that is), same as yer lad Gough only 19 I think

But yer right, my only complaint from the night was that incident, well and truely beaten am afraid, reckon we'll get 6 defeats and our usual 2 points from Mayo and that will be that for the league this year DeadCryAngry

-------------

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:52pm

He's some keeper for 18 Shocked  (the Down lad that is), same as yer lad Gough only 19 I think

But yer right, my only complaint from the night was that incident, well and truely beaten am afraid, reckon we'll get 6 defeats and our usual 2 points from Mayo and that will be that for the league this year DeadCryAngry

LOLLOL

Will ya be lumping the life savings on that Philly? Go for it Id say. Its a guaranteed two points as ya say LOL

By the way any decent cheapish places to stay in Newry? The only places that come up on booking.com is the Canal Court and places in Armagh and Dundalk

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

LOLLOL

Will ya be lumping the life savings on that Philly? Go for it Id say. Its a guaranteed two points as ya say LOL

By the way any decent cheapish places to stay in Newry? The only places that come up on booking.com is the Canal Court and places in Armagh and Dundalk

Try the Downshire Hotel in Banbridge, only up the road and they love Fenians

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:56pm
The Downshire? Sounds like a fenian loving kind of place alright

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:07pm
Wouldnt be too sure Walls (I live bout 35miles from newry), Newryrep would be your best bet for b&b's in the area but yeah Canal Court only hotel in the area i know off though was at this young wan last summer/autumn from Newry who lived just up from the ground who once phoned me and claimed she was staying in a hotel just outside newry but it had me baffled where she was or why she was there(I generally didnt listen to her b/s unless it involved......... WinkBig smile)  but being the dirty bit she was she was probably getting f....d stupidLOLLOLLOL

Should really have kept her number even though she was proper mental LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:10pm
She sounds lovely LOL

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:17pm
Here, I have heard of quite a few from there that are like that, I just happened to find one LOL

Could have a whole new thread about the stories I have heard from lads from newry about some of the ladies who inhabit there and went to school with them LOL But given there is a few newry lads on here I wont as it could well be a relation of theirs LOL (know the burd I was on about may know one lad on here as her sister added me on f/b at the time and was able to trace back to 1 lad off here through friends ShockedLOL)

But pm NewryRep about b&b's as there is a few about the city I think, if you's are up i'll try an organise a lift(usually drive up and back) and hit the town with ya's Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:30pm
Sounds like a great spot LOL

Nice one Ill drop one of the Newry lads a PM so. Ill give ya a shout nearer the time Thumbs Up

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:37pm

Mallon any use Philly?

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:48pm
Not a fan from what have seen Vidic, he's from Rostrevor Fans neck of the woods LOL (they're friendly neighbours LOL)

He plays his football outside the top division in the County and while I applaud McCartan for actually looking outside div 1 from what have seen of Mallon, albeit only 3 games now he wont be making many headlines unfortunately Unhappy But then he's been played in the half back line on paper as we simply dont appear to have one at the minute so this could be a foreign position for him for all I know as outside the top div wouldnt profess to know much outside of my local 3 or 4 clubs Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: shoggy
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

LOLLOL

Try the Francis Court Hotel they usually have good enough deals but can't book online you'll have to phone them, right in the centre of town as well.  Apart from that the only place is Canal Court or maybe the Whistledown in Warrenpoint less than 10 mins drive from Newry.

-------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:04am
Cheers Shoggy Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:10am
Just gonna do return train to Newry from Dublin. Game is at 7 train is at 3 mins past 9. Is the pitch far from the station?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:18am
It is a bit Mark, and the traffic heading towards it from the ground could be slow moving depending on the crowd, again a newry person would be your best bet to judge it but could envisage you having to leave 5 or 10mins before final whistle to make sure you make it Ouch

Edit : should say I would be heading in the opposite direction home and takes me a good 20-30mins to get out of newry and the road home for me is closer than the train station

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:21am
Balls well that's that out the window

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:26am
Only chance I would say is to have a taxi waiting somewhere on the dublin road for you( a good 5 min walk) as it would be missing out on the traffic coming from the ground but it would all depend on the crowd as some games it has taken me ages to get out and others only 10 mins and a league game wouldnt get that much I would think

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:31am
Nah feck it, wouldn't be able to enjoy the match if it would be that tight! I'll find another way

-------------

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 2:26am

Not a fan from what have seen Vidic, he's from Rostrevor Fans neck of the woods LOL (they're friendly neighbours LOL)

He plays his football outside the top division in the County and while I applaud McCartan for actually looking outside div 1 from what have seen of Mallon, albeit only 3 games now he wont be making many headlines unfortunately Unhappy But then he's been played in the half back line on paper as we simply dont appear to have one at the minute so this could be a foreign position for him for all I know as outside the top div wouldnt profess to know much outside of my local 3 or 4 clubs Thumbs Up

Vidic I know his father very well - like joe brolly a very well known barrister and a big Republic Supporter never used to miss a game - his son was a great player at underage level but in my humble opinion it went to his head - you could see earlier in the game v donegal when he had acres of space and more experienced boys to pass to he went for the spectacular point himself - Down football is steadily going backwards under wee James - His brother is one of the worst county footballers i have ever watched - he wouldnt even get on a div 1 Down league team not alone the county - we are certs for relegation 

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

Vidic I know his father very well - like joe brolly a very well known barrister and a big Republic Supporter never used to miss a game - his son was a great player at underage level but in my humble opinion it went to his head - you could see earlier in the game v donegal when he had acres of space and more experienced boys to pass to he went for the spectacular point himself - Down football is steadily going backwards under wee James - His brother is one of the worst county footballers i have ever watched - he wouldnt even get on a div 1 Down league team not alone the county - we are certs for relegation 

cheers for that lads, used to hang around in same circles at UCD and saw on FB yesterday he was playing these days so was wondering what the story was there, he's spot on though, top lad, hope he makes it.

Posted By: deco911
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 3:43am
dublin team stayed in hotel i work in tonight before they play kerry tomorrow few sound lads to be fair and i hope they beat the kerry boys Wink

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 3:57am
Niall Carew's blue & white army defeat the mighty Tipp by 5 points in a top of the table Div 4 clash....We are going up !! Going to have a lash off the spread bet when we play kerry (at home) in the Munster SF (in Dungarvan). Any of the Lillies on here care to give an appraisal of this fella ?? He is (albeit from an exceptionally low base) getting serious praise down here for the work he has done so far..

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

dublin team stayed in hotel i work in tonight before they play kerry tomorrow few sound lads to be fair and i hope they beat the kerry boys Wink
Dublin will beat us today dec so im very happy for you Wink

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:15pm
Galway v Louth called off. Just as well I wasn't enroute to it now

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:22pm
How come DelPiero?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
Think limerick will take us today TBH.
if we playing anything like we did in london we dont stand a chance

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:29pm
Armagh Wexford off too. Jaysus not a cloud in the sky here

-------------

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:47pm
hasn't stopped raining up north all morning not surprised some games off

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:50pm

How come DelPiero?

Pitch unplayable

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 12:53pm

Armagh Wexford off too. Jaysus not a cloud in the sky here

Would of thought with all the money spent on th stadium in Armagh that the pitch would be playable. Wont bother the Armagh folk mind you it's another game they might have the cross players available for

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 2:47pm
Half time here from a bitterly cold McHale Park and the McKenna Cup champions lead by 6 points to 4 at the break. 5 of the total 10 points came from frees in a somewhat disappointing half of football. Mayo's favourite referee, Maurice Deegan, shows why indeed he is always welcome in Castlebar.

A poor first half here. We'll all be hoping for a warmer and more entertaining second half. I'm off to the BP garage for a mushroom slice.

MayoMark, YBIG Sports, Castlebar

-------------

Posted By: GarageFlower
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 3:47pm
Super win for Dublin in Kerry,can't ever recall Kerry only scoring 4 points in a match before.

-------------
Heskey..Zorro..The match is Tomorrow!!                      She loves Cox!She loves Cox!!

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 3:49pm
Unbelievable scenes here from McHale Park. A very lack luster Mayo performance leads to supporters leaving in their hundreds, but with 65 minutes on the clock and 4 points between the teams, Jason Doherty links up with the superb Keith Higgins who nearly put a hole through the net. 3 points on the trot put Mayo 2 points clear with a minute of injury time remaining. An historic comeback and win on the cards for Mayo.

BUT WAIT! Enter Maurice Deegan, who sensationally awards a penalty in a crowded Mayo box from all of 50 meters. A long run to the box with outstretched arms for the Laois man. He'll be tired after that.

Mayo 1-11 Tyrone 1-12

MayoMark, YBIG Sports, Castlebar

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:44pm
We were brutal and Tyrone deserved their win but I am absolutely sick to lose it like it that. Cant wait to see that decision on the telly

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:59pm
We lost promotion on the final kick of our last game vs. Kildare, it was the only game we really played well in all year, in atrocious conditions as well

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:02pm
I think that is the worst Kerry team I've ever seen only scoring 4 points in 70 odd minutes wouldn't be acceptable from an u14 team let alone a team that's meant to be in the top 3 in Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:59pm
Gutted, Lost by a point.. 250 People in tullamore yet 300 Went over to london last week,
can go london but not a home match FFS, Flyby Nights.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:02pm

I think that is the worst Kerry team I've ever seen only scoring 4 points in 70 odd minutes wouldn't be acceptable from an u14 team let alone a team that's meant to be in the top 3 in Ireland.

Great to see you set high standards in coaching despite the ''high'' standard of module teaching that bloody course offered us Wink

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Gutted, Lost by a point.. 250 People in tullamore yet 300 Went over to london last week,

Yeah imagine that people going abroad to watch games but not watching them at home Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah imagine that people going abroad to watch games but not watching them at home Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

LOL

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:25pm
Two games two wins hon Westmeath 

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 7:50pm
Just as an added point, the atmosphere for the last 10 minutes in Castlebar today was outstanding

-------------

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Two games two wins hon Westmeath 

Absolutely cracking start to the league by Westmeath.

Just about managed to avoid relegation last season. And now two wins from two. ClapClap

We've a nasty Leinster draw and the Dubs will beat us, but we'll go on a run in the qualifiers.

Should have beaten Kerry last year in the qualifiers, and now Dessie Dolan is back we've got some team this year. Really exciting times for Westmeath.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:13pm
I must admit I didn't think Westmeath would do much in Division 2 this year, but 2 from 2 can't be ignored. That coupled with Laois surprisingly losing to Derry today has blown the promotion race wide open!

Have no idea when the Louth game will be re-fixed for but the Galway v Westmeath game will be very interesting now

Only read there its on 3rd March, I thought it was on next week Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:23pm
westmeath are always a surprise package.
never had much time for them after 2004 doe

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:24pm
Westmeath actually pulled off a shock last year and beat Galway away. That result was out of the blue as we were struggling badly and were winless before that.

To be honest I'd hate to see Westmeath promoted to Div 1. We're not Div 1 quality. We've been in the top division a couple of times in the past decade and struggled badly. Any time we've been relegated from Div 1 it has had a knock-on effect on our championship performance.

Im just glad Westmeath arent struggling in Div 2 this year, as we've tended to struggle in this division as well in the last few years, nearly getting relegated last year.

Another win will secure division 2 football next year and the confidence that the team will take from these good results will only stand to them in May.

But no promotion hopefully!

-------------

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:29pm
Dubs

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:33pm

Only read there its on 3rd March, I thought it was on next week Thumbs Down

Ah FFS 3 weeks till the next fixtures. Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:35pm

Dubs
Wait till we get ye in 2 weeksBig smile

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:53pm

Dubs

Id say he's sh*tting himself

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Dubs

and so he should be!

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:15pm

Dubs

and so he should be!

Yeah of course

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:20pm
Michael Lyster does not look the mae west on RTE 2 there.   Hope he is ok. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:21pm

Dubs

and so he should be!

Yeah of course
Like you would no anyway.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:38pm

Dubs

and so he should be!

Yeah of course

Like you would no anyway.

Ouch

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:44pm
Serious cyber fight, really can't call it, Eire

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 11:14pm
I see one of the boys on the YBIG league is in 6th place in IrelandShocked
http://www.allianzleaguespredictions.ie/index.php/?action=profile&do=tables&comp=55" rel="nofollow - http://www.allianzleaguespredictions.ie/index.php/?action=profile&do=tables&comp=55

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 5:06pm

London ran carlow to one point today.. london was 3point up at ht.

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 8:46pm
The Connacht Championship will be where its at this summer Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 12:43pm

The Connacht Championship will be where its at this summer Clap

3 in a row ClapClap

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:08pm
Railway cup today. Who is managing Connacht? There may well be a solid reason but can someone tell me how Kevin McGloughlin among others was not included?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:23pm
John Tobin is over Connacht Mark, to be honest I haven't read much about the inter-provincials,  McLoughlin was at some awards gig last night according to his twitter if that could explain it in some way

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:37pm
That sounds fairly likely so

Shame the way they have let this competition slip. A right good marketing campaign could get it on track again.

Best of luck to Ger Caf who is captain and the Mayo lads, and Commacht today in Longford

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 1:54pm
Don't think it's even live on TV Thumbs Down the potential for it is there I think but scheduling is the difficulty, I thought the St.Patricks day idea that was raised a few years ago was a good idea but the clubs would complain then.

I'll bleed blue and white for the day Approve I have a real vintage No.20 Connacht jersey at home, gonna wait until the competition is popular again and sell it LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 4:58pm
Should do it the weekend before the AI final like the pro bowl

Or else after!

Great game it seems. Lost by a point 1-21 to 1-20!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 5:01pm
Sounds like it but Connacht were winning by 5 points with 7 minutes to go I read Dead

I'd suggest this was all the Galway lads doing cause they've a history of either throwing away leads and/or especially losing by a point so I accept the blame and apologise for this on behalf of my county

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net