You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA football league 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Galway v Mayo a week before Ireland play England, gonna be an emotional fortnight Beer

We'll spank ye in your own back yard. Cannot wait

If ye do I'll find out where ya live and burn it down straight after the game Approve

We can meet for a pint afterwards Thumbs Up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:27pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Galway v Mayo a week before Ireland play England, gonna be an emotional fortnight Beer

We'll spank ye in your own back yard. Cannot wait

If ye do I'll find out where ya live and burn it down straight after the game Approve

We can meet for a pint afterwards Thumbs Up

That'd be good craic that day. it'll be a bit of a session after it. pisstake aside it'll be a tit for tat game regardless of league form. whether mayo or galway have good or sh*te leagues wont make that much of a difference imo. Both teams will be up for it. galway couldnt be any worse than last year
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:44pm
Big game for us tonight I feel. Know it's only 2nd game in and all but need to be winning the home games if wnt stay in division 1. Good news on the injury front with McFadden,mcglynn,McGrath and mchugh all being fit to start tonight. Hoping murphy (aka my lookalike) will continue his good form of late after scoring 23 points in th last week for Donegal and dcu
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:51pm
Looking forward to a Donegal win tonight or else there's alot of us gone in the last man standing comp!

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:52pm
A win tomorrow for the Maroon & White is crucial towards our bid for promotion, I see it as a more winnable game than Westmeath next week.

If we can have at least 6 points going into the games versus Wexford, Laois and Armagh, we'll have every chance of going up.

And Donegal better win! I am not going out of that competition in the 2nd week! LOL

Edited by Del-Piero - 09 Feb 2013 at 3:53pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm
Laois to beat Derry tonight and Galway and Laois to meet in Div 2 final!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:57pm
I noticed tha last nigh think there's 7 or 8 of us have them in it. Seen comments from jim last nigh saying he expecting big improvement tonight and with the 4 lad fit to play we should come close game changed last week when mchugh came on and the 2 lads back in the defence will help also. Team hasn't been names yet but that's the word I've got anyway that they will be back tonight
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Fancy Laois to come back up this year, think brian mciver will do a good job in Derry but will need time to do so
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I think Laois are certs to go up. McNulty has done a very good job since taking over and that victory over Armagh was a great start to the league. It's between ourselves, Armagh and Wexford for the second spot. I don't see Derry challenging for it, especially if they lose to Laois 2moro. I'd be a bit wary of Longford but would expect us to come through against them.

Wexford and Armagh is a big game 2moro for both sides. Armagh can't really afford to lose, and a win for them would really make it interesting.

The only thing stopping me from backing Galway to join Laois is a little thing called consistency, something we haven't displayed for ages except when we were losing games the last time we were in Division 1.

Probably a good thing we've 4 away games cause I've little time for Pearse Stadium the horrendous wind factor that ruins games. Tuam Stadium is better for playing football but the facilities are hopeless.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:31pm
Hope you's all get dumped out of this competition tonight Approve
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 6:37pm
You any links to the clash of the titans RB? No setanta and wont be hitting the pub for another hour at least(assuming they still have setanta in it)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 8:57pm
Cavan 1-10
Monaghan 0-05

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:16pm
Happy with our performance tonight bit rusty in 1st half kicking 7 wides but h introduction of Neil Gallagher at half time totally changed the game. Really impressed with run mchugh tonight and he I'll get better with bit more experience.

Just a question fo the down lads on here. Why doesjames McCarten has yous playing extremely defensive does not suit your style of play at all. Down always at their best playing free flowing football and giving quick ball into the forwards but tonight they were ultra slow in the buildup. Know no one in Donegal can talk about playing defensive but just fel it doesn't suit the type of player yous have at your exposure

Edited by ringerbell - 09 Feb 2013 at 9:17pm
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 9:24pm
Great win for Kildare tonite.  Was worried that we would struggle back in division 1 but another win will probably see us stay up.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just a question fo the down lads on here. Why doesjames McCarten has yous playing extremely defensive does not suit your style of play at all. Down always at their best playing free flowing football and giving quick ball into the forwards but tonight they were ultra slow in the buildup. Know no one in Donegal can talk about playing defensive but just fel it doesn't suit the type of player yous have at your exposure
Because he is a clueless idiot wanting his family and friends to play in the fecking team Angry

Aside from that it is also because he not only embarrassed himself but also his players and the people of the county with the displays against you lot in the ulster final and the other embarrassment so he in his infinite wisdom has decided he is going to have them play a defensive game this year, best forwards on the island - yep we have that, worst defenders on the island - yep we tick that box as well so off course the sensible conclusion to come to is to play a defensive system Ouch

But on tonight RB, how on this fuking earth could N.McGee stay on the pitch when he clearly pulls back O'Hare when about to put the ball in the net???? Aside from that it was another wasteful performance full of wimping out of challenges and expecting the referee to protect them, the top 6 teams on the island dont wait on the referee to protect them, they protect themselves and also try to intimidate the opposition to induce reactions, Down lads let them away with it everytime ffs. The only hope I have for the coming championship is yer lad Gough, he is a beast of a lad and he should be the "enforcer" we badly need to sort out the opposition with King in tow helping him to allow the forwards - albeit lightweight lads but that is what makes them so fuking great to do what they do best and destroy teams with their interplay and running. The chances of McCartan letting them do this - ZERO!!!!!!!!! 2010 he tried to play the "sweeper" system, got put out of the championship over it, in the qualifiers he reverted to the attacking football you recognise is the natural game and wayhay we make an AI final Geek sooner he goes the fecking better, this season is to be wrote off as his fecking ego taking over his common sense Thumbs Down

But on the slow possession thing - we were at it last year as well, trying to walk the ball into the net and failing and getting caught with players to far up the pitch so now he lets the front 3-4 try and walk it in leaving massive gaps for the opposition to take advantage off and tonight proved the same fuking result ensue's - RANT OVER LOLLOLLOLLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Because he is a clueless idiot wanting his family and friends to play in the fecking team Angry

Aside from that it is also because he not only embarrassed himself but also his players and the people of the county with the displays against you lot in the ulster final and the other embarrassment so he in his infinite wisdom has decided he is going to have them play a defensive game this year, best forwards on the island - yep we have that, worst defenders on the island - yep we tick that box as well so off course the sensible conclusion to come to is to play a defensive system Ouch

But on tonight RB, how on this fuking earth could N.McGee stay on the pitch when he clearly pulls back O'Hare when about to put the ball in the net???? Aside from that it was another wasteful performance full of wimping out of challenges and expecting the referee to protect them, the top 6 teams on the island dont wait on the referee to protect them, they protect themselves and also try to intimidate the opposition to induce reactions, Down lads let them away with it everytime ffs. The only hope I have for the coming championship is yer lad Gough, he is a beast of a lad and he should be the "enforcer" we badly need to sort out the opposition with King in tow helping him to allow the forwards - albeit lightweight lads but that is what makes them so fuking great to do what they do best and destroy teams with their interplay and running. The chances of McCartan letting them do this - ZERO!!!!!!!!! 2010 he tried to play the "sweeper" system, got put out of the championship over it, in the qualifiers he reverted to the attacking football you recognise is the natural game and wayhay we make an AI final Geek sooner he goes the fecking better, this season is to be wrote off as his fecking ego taking over his common sense Thumbs Down

But on the slow possession thing - we were at it last year as well, trying to walk the ball into the net and failing and getting caught with players to far up the pitch so now he lets the front 3-4 try and walk it in leaving massive gaps for the opposition to take advantage off and tonight proved the same fuking result ensue's - RANT OVER LOLLOLLOLLOL
it played right into our hands tonight philliy would say jim mcguiness loved seeing down taking 10-20 hand passes before leaving their own defensive line. totally agree with you on the neil mcgee incident should of been a penalty which would of brought a second yellow and a red. we got lucky with that for sure but we were full value for the win only for some wasteful shooting and a good save from your keeper we would of been out of sight.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:26pm
He's some keeper for 18 Shocked  (the Down lad that is), same as yer lad Gough only 19 I think

But yer right, my only complaint from the night was that incident, well and truely beaten am afraid, reckon we'll get 6 defeats and our usual 2 points from Mayo and that will be that for the league this year DeadCryAngry
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

He's some keeper for 18 Shocked  (the Down lad that is), same as yer lad Gough only 19 I think

But yer right, my only complaint from the night was that incident, well and truely beaten am afraid, reckon we'll get 6 defeats and our usual 2 points from Mayo and that will be that for the league this year DeadCryAngry

LOLLOL

Will ya be lumping the life savings on that Philly? Go for it Id say. Its a guaranteed two points as ya say LOL

By the way any decent cheapish places to stay in Newry? The only places that come up on booking.com is the Canal Court and places in Armagh and Dundalk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 34>
  Share Topic