You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football Championship 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 232>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAA Football Championship 2013
    Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:25am
Not long till this kicks off now. 1000 tickets for donegal vs Tyrone were available online today and were all gone insid 30 minutes so the first sell out of the year will happen early this year

Found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_s4c6ZNNJk
it gives a great review of the 2012 season. Here's hoping donegals good run in the championship continues and ive another long summer of travelling to and from games

Edited by MayoMark - 02 May 2013 at 1:17am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:17am
I'm sorry that title would have bothered me all year
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 7:44am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I'm sorry that title would have bothered me all year

No bother mark cheers for sorting whatever was wrong with it . How you fancy mayos chances this year
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:36am
Clare for Munster
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:52am
Great craic at work here talking about the upcoming Connacht Classico in Pearse Stadium this month (only 17 days awayBig smile)

Mayo go into the game as clear favourites, no matter what MayoMark says LOL However, they have been picking up a number of injuries of late. Conroy, the two Morans, Varley just some examples of players struggling with injuries atm. Dillon has returned to club football but whether he is ready for a championship clash with Galway will remain to be seen.

Galway on the other hand, have come off the back of an indifferent league campaign in Division 2, to add to that terrible 2012 Championship. Pressure on Mulholland to deliver Championship football to Galway well into July at least. Squad yet to be finalised as of now, given the benefit we have of our U-21's in the All-Ireland final to come back which will give not only the team a boost but the supporters as well.

Some good footballers in that side but even if they beat Cork at the weekend, an All-Ireland U-21 title will not be the decisive factor in Galway bating Mayo, as demonstrated in the 2011 clash, the last between these tow sides which finished in a facile 6 point victory for Mayo at McHale Park.

Weather has been good of late in the West so all signs point to a scorcher at the seaside Cool. Not that weather is gonna have much impact on the game thanks to that **** of a wind factor at Salthill which will probably ruin game as a spectacle Angry  but I won't complain if we sneak a win!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Not long till this kicks off now. 1000 tickets for donegal vs Tyrone were available online today and were all gone insid 30 minutes so the first sell out of the year will happen early this year

it gives a great review of the 2012 season. Here's hoping donegals good run in the championship continues and ive another long summer of travelling to and from games

Why are there any tickets on general sale when tickets are so scarce?

BTW Del Piero, I like that, the Connacht Classico ClapClap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:03pm
We are f**ked ringer! Injury crisis is a feckin understatement
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:08pm
absolutely goosed, be lucky to get 15 out at this stage
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:14pm
Have you been called up yet Rog? Got a text off James there. Having a bit of bother with the old leg so not sure if I'll bother
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:21pm
Hopefully Mayo are knocked out early so we don't have to listen to another few months of this sh*te!
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:22pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Hopefully Mayo are knocked out early so we don't have to listen to another few months of this sh*te!

dead right trapped, dont fancy our chances at all, out in first round champo and out in first round qualifers would be my most optimistic prediction this year,
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

dead right trapped, dont fancy our chances at all, out in first round champo and out in first round qualifers would be my most optimistic prediction this year,

With a bit of luck Thumbs Up
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

absolutely goosed, be lucky to get 15 out at this stage

The Junior B's of the intercounty scene.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Why are there any tickets on general sale when tickets are so scarce?

BTW Del Piero, I like that, the Connacht Classico ClapClap

Gaa have a contract with tickets.ie as far as I know. Local supervalue stores in donegal had tickets for sale today as well but had none left . As always confident il get my ticket from the club (missed 1 championship game in 15 years) but will be a lot of upset people. 20500 members in donegal and they are gonna get around 6500 tickets for this game

Edited by ringerbell - 02 May 2013 at 7:50pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:46pm
I think I may have said this before but... Why don't all these sad, desperate and heartbreakingly disappointed people just get a season ticket?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think I may have said this before but... Why don't all these sad, desperate and heartbreakingly disappointed people just get a season ticket?

I know what you saying mark but some people still like to get their tickets from their club myself included and some of these people will miss out.the main problem here in donegal is the rapid jump in club members last year we had roughly 7500 fully paid members this year it's around 20500. Personally I don't think tickets should be on general sale for this. My brothers pa just after telling me was two men in local supervalue today who bought 8 tickets each today. Can see a lot of touts floating about ballybofey on 26th may especially with the news that all other counties in ulster will get tickets for this game as well.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 8:55pm
Dunno ringer, seems daft. A very simple solution to a very simple problem!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 232>
  Share Topic