You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 85>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 8:14am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Was up in one of the corporate suites on Saturday in Croke Park for the 2 games. Free food and drink for as long as you want, different world up there completely

The free food and booze is great but I'd rather be down in the main stand or even the premium level much better atmosphere. Sorta closed off from the crowd in the corporate suites and usually a few there that have zero interest in the game.

Had a few beers in me so I was a bit vocal during the Tyrone game in the first half and let a few roars out of me, got given a few dirty looks. I exchanged the same dirty looks later when they wouldn't stop chatting during the national anthem
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm
Going to those boxes for the big games are worth it just the once for the experience. I used to get invited back during the boom. It was a cool experience but after doing it 3 or 4 times I opted to go for the lower seats or even hill 16. Rain or not it was still much more enjoyable. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 2:44pm

Was up in one of the corporate suites on Saturday in Croke Park for the 2 games. Free food and drink for as long as you want, different world up there completely

The free food and booze is great but I'd rather be down in the main stand or even the premium level much better atmosphere. Sorta closed off from the crowd in the corporate suites and usually a few there that have zero interest in the game.

Had a few beers in me so I was a bit vocal during the Tyrone game in the first half and let a few roars out of me, got given a few dirty looks. I exchanged the same dirty looks later when they wouldn't stop chatting during the national anthem
Clap 

Haven't been in any of those corporate boxes myself and tbh in no rush, even less of a rush now actually after reading about the above experiences LOL

Like Rossie says, I'd rather be out in the main stands for the atmosphere, whatever the weather.  Nearest I've been to anything other than the main stand is in the Premium level at the Aviva (sorry, Lansdowne Road) for the FAI Cup Final but even then I prefer to be outdoors during the match.

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:37pm
bad miss by fat arse there 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

bad miss by fat arse there 

Rant from bogball later then LOL

We were blessed in the end we should have won relatively comfortably  but switched off in the last 10mins or so. Still another 2pts on the board and into the Semis Clap

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jul 2018 at 8:49pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 9:15pm
Not much to get excited about in these super 8s yet 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm

Shootout for a semi final spot between Donegal and Tyrone on the August Bank holiday weekend in Ballybofey

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Jul 2018 at 9:18pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Shootout for a semi final spot between Donegal and Tyrone on the August Bank holiday weekend in Ballybofey

Something that could have happened with the old format.

Hyde Park wasn't full today surprisingly
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Tyrone essentially with a point head start, with a draw getting them through. 
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:24am
Super 8s turning out to be a damp squib

9k in Hyde park and half of them from Donegal is a truly pathetic showing from roscommon. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

9k in Hyde park and half of them from Donegal is a truly pathetic showing from roscommon. 
What would you expect ?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:33am
From what I've seen of both teams. Tyrone beat Donegal next weekend,Tyrone at a different level. 
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:38am

What would you expect ?

A lot more people at the game.

An easy draw in your province would have been a good thing in the old format,however the super 8s is exposing teams like roscommon and humiliating them.The sh*te attendance surprised me.If at the beginning of the summer you had been told roscommon would make the super 8s and there would be 9k at their home game would you have believed that? 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:46am
I'd have thought that was about right attendance wise,Maybe if we didn't get hammered the previous week there would be 2k more but that would be the height of it.
I dunno where you think the crowd would come from. 

Edited by rossieman - 22 Jul 2018 at 9:47am
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:52am

I'd have thought that was about right attendance wise,Maybe if we didn't get hammered the previous week there would be 2k more but that would be the height of it.

Mayo played roscommon in the Qf last year.......there was 67k at it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:59am

From what I've seen of both teams. Tyrone beat Donegal next weekend,Tyrone at a different level. 

I fancy Donegal 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 11:02am

Mayo played roscommon in the Qf last year.......there was 67k at it.
That was part of a double header

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Jul 2018 at 11:02am
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 11:12am
One of Cluxtons poorer games yesterday, his kicking was way off 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 85>
  Share Topic